What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite PC Game

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I am interested in real time strategy games for PC like Civilization series or Hearts of Iron, some medium difficult, but not too casual.
Civ is turn based, not RTS. I have not played Hearts of Iron, but I was told it is by the makers of Gettysburb, which I enjoy, but that is not RTS either.

Age of Empires is generally thought of as the mold. . .

I have a game that I have not really invested a lot of time in. . . but I have when I have that itch which is considered the latest state of the art in RTS, Total War: Warhammer II.

Other than that, AoE is usually that fall back for me.

The 10 Best Real-Time Strategy PC Games

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I am interested in real time strategy games for PC like Civilization series or Hearts of Iron, some medium difficult, but not too casual.
Civ is turn based, not RTS. I have not played Hearts of Iron, but I was told it is by the makers of Gettysburb, which I enjoy, but that is not RTS either.

I have a game that I have not really invested a lot of time in. . . but I have when I have that itch which is considered the latest state of the art in RTS, Total War: Warhammer II.

Hearts of Iron is RTS but has a setting for real slow and is pausable.

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Hearts of Iron is RTS but has a setting for real slow and is pausable.
Yeah.. . if I remember right, Gettysburg was too. . . it was pretty cool, very involved. Hard to do right.

FA_Q2

Gold Member
Reaction score
Civ is not an RTS. That would be a 4x type game.

There are a LOT of those games out there and most pretty decent. Particularly civ clones as civ is the current pinnacle of that genera. That is a fantastic series, one of my favorite series.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List