Favorite Metallica songs !!

Quasar44

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in the greatest heavy metal band ever ??

JackOfNoTrades

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early..as in 80's before they were even well known.
Kill Em All. Seek and Destroy. Master of Puppets...you know..before the Black Album. :)

G.T.

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm a big Metallica fan, and also take issue with folks who disliked their evolution.

Even the song King Nothing...if you put that on a sound system that has balls its literally impossible not to get the chills

JGalt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They're ok for a bunch of Canuks.

But I do know my least favorite Metallica song. That was the one who had that old dried-up hippie chick singing at the end. She sounded like a goat or something. Do all old hippies sound like goats or something?

Kilroy2

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was always partial to Pink Floyd as a metal based on the message of their lyrics. But they were not always consistent in that area but the early years was interesting. I am not saying that they are the greatest but are honorable mention material.

Still even metallic played some of their songs which is a tribute to them.

Natural Citizen

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Say it isn't so NC! lol They are hard rockers and don't mute much no doubt, but I gotta say when I hear a few of their songs the need to break out in some goofy dance hits strong!
It's just too much like noise to me. Gives me a headache.

I like that 80's happy music.

But, hey, everybodys different.

impuretrash

Gold Member
Reaction score
Arguably the best metal song ever

That one never really did it for me. Although Moonsorrow did an amazing cover which is better than the original in my opinion. I'm sure the vocals are a big turn off for many.

OP
Q

Quasar44

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
King of nothing is bad azzz!!

Ride the lighting - 1) Fade to Black 2) For whom the Bell 3) Creeping death 4) R the L

Master of puppets 1) M of P 2) Battery 3) Welcome Home 4) The Thing !!!

Justice - 1 ) One 2) Blacken 3) Dyers Eve

Black 1) God that failed 2) Nothing else matters 3) Wherever I roam 4) Sad but T 5) Sandman

Last edited:
OP
Q

Quasar44

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Load and Reload !!
1) King of Nothing 2) Until it Sleeps 3) Whisky 4) ain’t my B

ClaireH

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Say it isn't so NC! lol They are hard rockers and don't mute much no doubt, but I gotta say when I hear a few of their songs the need to break out in some goofy dance hits strong!

A lot of great tunes from the 80's for sure; I'm more of a 90's type when rock evolved into progressive rock and some alternative genres came into the mix. For me it's more about the energy when watching a live performance. One thing for sure, Metallica had exceptional stage energy when I saw them and interacted with the fans well. To say the crowd was fired up would be an understatement. I look forward when outdoor concerts are a thing again.

impuretrash

Gold Member
Reaction score

A lot of great tunes from the 80's for sure; I'm more of a 90's type when rock evolved into progressive rock and some alternative genres came into the mix. For me it's more about the energy when watching a live performance. One thing for sure, Metallica had exceptional stage energy when I saw them and interacted with the fans well. To say the crowd was fired up would be an understatement. I look forward when outdoor concerts are a thing again.

Metallica was my first outdoor concert. Mid 90s. I still have the ticket stub somewhere around here.

OP
Q

Quasar44

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like both but it must be late 70s to mid 90s

OP
Q

Quasar44

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Metallica was my first outdoor concert. Mid 90s. I still have the ticket stub somewhere around here.
I first saw them with Guns N’ Roses in Detroit

Natural Citizen

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Best outdoor concert I ever went to was a Westwood One Billy Idol concert. I say best just because it was the most fun one.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List