Favorite Metallica songs !!

Early..as in 80's before they were even well known.
Kill Em All. Seek and Destroy. Master of Puppets...you know..before the Black Album. :)

I'm a big Metallica fan, and also take issue with folks who disliked their evolution.

Even the song King Nothing...if you put that on a sound system that has balls its literally impossible not to get the chills

They're ok for a bunch of Canuks.

But I do know my least favorite Metallica song. That was the one who had that old dried-up hippie chick singing at the end. She sounded like a goat or something. Do all old hippies sound like goats or something?

I was always partial to Pink Floyd as a metal based on the message of their lyrics. But they were not always consistent in that area but the early years was interesting. I am not saying that they are the greatest but are honorable mention material.

Still even metallic played some of their songs which is a tribute to them.

Say it isn't so NC! lol They are hard rockers and don't mute much no doubt, but I gotta say when I hear a few of their songs the need to break out in some goofy dance hits strong!

It's just too much like noise to me. Gives me a headache.

I like that 80's happy music.

But, hey, everybodys different.

King of nothing is bad azzz!!

Ride the lighting - 1) Fade to Black 2) For whom the Bell 3) Creeping death 4) R the L

Master of puppets 1) M of P 2) Battery 3) Welcome Home 4) The Thing !!!

Justice - 1 ) One 2) Blacken 3) Dyers Eve

Black 1) God that failed 2) Nothing else matters 3) Wherever I roam 4) Sad but T 5) Sandman

Last edited:
Load and Reload !!
1) King of Nothing 2) Until it Sleeps 3) Whisky 4) ain’t my B

Say it isn't so NC! lol They are hard rockers and don't mute much no doubt, but I gotta say when I hear a few of their songs the need to break out in some goofy dance hits strong!

A lot of great tunes from the 80's for sure; I'm more of a 90's type when rock evolved into progressive rock and some alternative genres came into the mix. For me it's more about the energy when watching a live performance. One thing for sure, Metallica had exceptional stage energy when I saw them and interacted with the fans well. To say the crowd was fired up would be an understatement. I look forward when outdoor concerts are a thing again.

A lot of great tunes from the 80's for sure; I'm more of a 90's type when rock evolved into progressive rock and some alternative genres came into the mix. For me it's more about the energy when watching a live performance. One thing for sure, Metallica had exceptional stage energy when I saw them and interacted with the fans well. To say the crowd was fired up would be an understatement. I look forward when outdoor concerts are a thing again.

Metallica was my first outdoor concert. Mid 90s. I still have the ticket stub somewhere around here.

I like both but it must be late 70s to mid 90s

Metallica was my first outdoor concert. Mid 90s. I still have the ticket stub somewhere around here.
I first saw them with Guns N’ Roses in Detroit

Best outdoor concert I ever went to was a Westwood One Billy Idol concert. I say best just because it was the most fun one.

Forum List

Back