Favorite Fair Food?

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I am contemplating going up to a little county fair. I am not a big fair person but my kid and his friends are. This is my favorite but I can't find them up here.

IndianTaco.jpg

Big cup of fair french fries with catsup and vinegar.

For some reason you just can't get them to taste the same at home.

friesjpg-752e0dfbc47f6297_large.jpg

When living in California, my favorite fair food was two or more corn-dogs. Many vendors sold these but they ordered them pre-breaded. I didn't like those. But the ones sold by the Girl Scouts were breaded from scratch and their dogs couldn't be beat. That is why I would have to have two. I knew it would be another year before standing in that long line of mouthwatering hungry people wanting only the best in corn-dogs. :thup:

When living in California, my favorite fair food was two or more corn-dogs. Many vendors sold these but they ordered them pre-breaded. I didn't like those. But the ones sold by the Girl Scouts were breaded from scratch and their dogs couldn't be beat. That is why I would have to have two. I knew it would be another year before standing in that long line of mouthwatering hungry people wanting only the best in corn-dogs. :thup:

I've never even heard of Girl Scout corn dogs.

I was in charge of an exhibit at our local Fair... for the entire week. I must have had three of everything on site. I thought I was gonna croak.

The following week I fasted.

But damn it was fun. :thup:

Fair food? the greasier the better.

once in 10 years is ok! LOL

I used to live near a small town in IN called New Albany. Every year they held a Harvest Homecoming that was a blast. All the fair food was great...but the VFW sold Chicken N' Dumplings and it was unbelievably good. They would have the longest lines every year...and every year I waited...damn, I miss those days.

Corn dogs. Totally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You haven't lived—really, truly LIVED—until you've tried cheese curds.

cheese-curds.jpg

These deep-fried pieces of sheer bliss are typically found in midwestern US fairs (especially Minnesota), but if you're lucky, you sometimes hear about them on the east and west coasts, too.

Forum List

Back