Favorate Words Or Terms.

If it's in the dictionary, it's because Liberals demanded it be so, in order to spare the feelings of the fucking illiterate.

(And you ought to be negged).

Actually, it's earliest usage seems to be non-partisan:

irregardless
an erroneous word that, etymologically, means the exact opposite of what it is used to express, attested in non-standard writing from at least 1870s (e.g. "Portsmouth Times," Portsmouth, Ohio, U.S.A., April 11, 1874: "We supported the six successful candidates for Council in the face of a strong opposition. We were led to do so because we believed every man of them would do his whole duty, irregardless of party, and the columns of this paper for one year has [sic] told what is needed.")
Irregardless | Define Irregardless at Dictionary.com

Neg me. Neg me NOW! Do it!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ALySsPXt0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ALySsPXt0[/ame]

[youtube]JoqDYcCDOTg[/youtube]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U921abH7jIk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U921abH7jIk[/ame]

Yes, he oughta be! :lol:

The dictionary only recognizes irregardless as an erroneous word that, etymologically, means the exact opposite of what it is used to express.

The dictionary only recognizes it as an erroneous word that, etymologically, means the exact opposite of what it is used to express.
ir·re·gard·less
   [ir-i-gahrd-lis] Show IPA
–adverb Nonstandard .
regardless.
Origin:
1910–15; ir-2 (prob. after irrespective ) + regardless

—Can be confused:  irregardless, regardless (see usage note at this entry ).

The dictionary only recognizes it as an erroneous word that, etymologically, means the exact opposite of what it is used to express.
ir·re·gard·less
–adverb Nonstandard .
regardless.
Origin:

REGARDLESS, it's only recognized as nonstandard and erroneous, by definition! :lol:

ir·re·gard·less
–adverb Nonstandard .
regardless.
Origin:

REGARDLESS, it's only recognized as nonstandard and erroneous, by definition! :lol:

Nonstandard, and the parts when taken as a whole are erroneous, but it is a word.:tongue:

English language dictionaries are descriptive rather than prescriptive. The language is what people do, not what the grammarians want.

Which is why you can do things in English that you can't do in any other language. Like split an infinitive. Which is impossible in Russian.

Be that is as it may, irregardless is one of those things, along with ending a sentence with a preposition, that I am often guilty of. But when anyone else does it I want to get out the spagetti and boil up a bunch and lash them with it.

English language dictionaries are descriptive rather than prescriptive. The language is what people do, not what the grammarians want.

Which is why you can do things in English that you can't do in any other language. Like split an infinitive. Which is impossible in Russian.

Be that is as it may, irregardless is one of those things, along with ending a sentence with a preposition, that I am often guilty of. But when anyone else does it I want to get out the spaghetti and boil up a bunch and lash them with it.

Yes, that's a great way to put it.

By the way Baruch, it looks like you have an endless supply of wet noodles in your bowl right there already! :eusa_eh:

Be that is as it may, irregardless is one of those things, along with ending a sentence with a preposition, that I am often guilty of. But when anyone else does it I want to get out the spagetti and boil up a bunch and lash them with it.

I love that word where ever I see it. :lol: Rep Hint. ;)

Inconceivable.

Irregardless.

IRREGARDLESS IS NOT A WORD!

The word is "regardless"....meaning "to act without regard". I cannot tell you how often I have had this argument with other lawyers (which should chill your bones).

If "irregardless" existed and was a word with meaning, it would have to mean "to pay attention"!

Oh, and "should of" rather than "should have" (MODBERT!), and "could care less" instead of "couldn't care less" (Damn near everyone!).

"Could care less" and "couldn't care less" meaning different things, but are similar. If you could care less, you still have some stake in what happens. If you could not, your ennui on the topic is complete.

Forum List

Back