Fatherless homes are the problem, not guns.....

We lock up 2 million people. Locking people up doesn't help.

Doesn't solve most of the murders, which are regular folks who had an argument that went too far.

More bullshit...90% of murderers have long histories of crime and violence....they are not normal people who have a bad day

I agree. I think having two parents is a good thing but guns make the problem far worse as it is a tool to kill mass amounts of innocent people.

I agree. I think having two parents is a good thing but guns make the problem far worse as it is a tool to kill mass amounts of innocent people.
The fact guns are good for killing people is the exact reason our right to own and use them - for that very purpose, if necessary - is specifically protected by the constitution.

That some people misuse firearms does not diminish, much less negate, this right, or this protection.

Last edited:
two years out of decades.............during the Chinese flu..........
tenor%20%281%29-S.gif

100 million Americans have a police record.... this does not impress.

If you are so normal, you shouldn't have a problem with making guns hard for the bad guys to get.
A speeding ticket gives you a police record, so what?

When you come up with a serious, workable plan to keep guns out of the hands of the bad guys, I'll be all ears! Until then, why not stop rewarding bad behavior and start punishing bad behavior?

How about this?

i-BbWNb4d-M.jpg

A speeding ticket gives you a police record, so what?

Um, no. that would be everyone. We are talking about non-traffic violations or even questioning.

When you come up with a serious, workable plan to keep guns out of the hands of the bad guys, I'll be all ears! Until then, why not stop rewarding bad behavior and start punishing bad behavior?

I have a serious plan.
Strict background checks.
Licensing
Insurance
Civil Liability for irresponsible gun sellers.

How about this?
Fucking retarded. We don't have enough jail cells for the actual murderers. The average murder sentence is 13 years.

I have a serious plan.
Strict background checks.
Licensing
Insurance
Civil Liability for irresponsible gun sellers.

Fucking retarded. We don't have enough jail cells for the actual murderers. The average murder sentence is 13 years.
Thank you for boldly stating that you do not want a solution, you want to punish law-abiding citizens.

Actually, a very similar law was passed here in the Great State of FLORIDA in 1998.

Effectiveness​

According to the Florida Parole Commission (FPC), in 2000, there was a 26.4% decrease in violent, gun-related crime compared to 1998. Florida's "Index Crime" rate for 2000, which is based on a variety of different crimes, had dropped 18% from the previous year, and had reached its lowest level in 28 years.[4] According to the Florida Department of Corrections (FDC), by 2004, violent gun crime rates had fallen 30% since 1998, and the Index Crime rate had reached the lowest in 34 years, despite a 16.8% increase in population during that time period.[8] The Florida Parole Commission and Department of Corrections both acknowledged that these results were influenced by a multitude of crime prevention programs in addition to the 10-20-Life law, such as the Three-Strike Violent Felony Offender Act, the Habitual Juvenile Offender Accountability Act and "Operation T.H.U.G.S." ("Taking Hoodlums Using Guns Seriously"), a program targeting felons with warrants for violent-crime and a violent history.

Solutions are usually simple. It's the implementation that is what is difficult. You pointed it out yourself.

As our great Governor Ron DeSantis has said, "Florida is where wokeism comes to die!

Last edited:
100 million Americans have a police record.... this does not impress.

If you are so normal, you shouldn't have a problem with making guns hard for the bad guys to get.
Unless you classify a traffic ticket as having a criminal record, you are full of bovine excrement.

now remind us of who if forcing you to own a gun......and dont worry about mine chairman Mao

Except I have to worry about yours.

Every time a cop approaches my car with one hand on his gun because there are too many gun nuts out there.

Every time I have to walk through a security door at work because my employer fears a gun nut might come in shooting up the place.

Every time we have to go through an active shooter drill.

The rest of us all have to make accommodations for your fetish, and we are kind of sick of it.

Thank you for boldly stating that you do not want a solution, you want to punish law-abiding citizens.

Actually, a very similar law was passed here in the Great State of FLORIDA in 1998.
Florida has a higher crime rate than 25 other states, most of them Blue states.

Unless you classify a traffic ticket as having a criminal record, you are full of bovine excrement.

According to a 2012 Department of Justice survey, state criminal history repositories contain more than 100 million records. These are popularly referred to as “rap sheets” or “criminal records” although most people who have them have never been convicted of a serious crime. These repositories chronicle nearly every arrest, regardless of whether or not it leads to an indictment or conviction.

America now houses roughly the same number people with criminal records as it does four-year college graduates.

Nearly half of black males and almost 40 percent of white males are arrested by the age 23.

If all arrested Americans were a nation, they would be the world’s 18th largest. Larger than Canada. Larger than France. More than three times the size of Australia.

Except I have to worry about yours.

Every time a cop approaches my car with one hand on his gun because there are too many gun nuts out there.

Every time I have to walk through a security door at work because my employer fears a gun nut might come in shooting up the place.

Every time we have to go through an active shooter drill.

The rest of us all have to make accommodations for your fetish, and we are kind of sick of it.

Florida has a higher crime rate than 25 other states, most of them Blue states.

You left out the massive drop in gun crimes because we have stringent penalties for the use of a gun in a crime.

Remember, the topic is gun laws.

Forum List

Back