Father of Lost SEAL Rips Trump

Father Of SEAL Slain In Yemen Demands Investigation

“Don’t hide behind my son’s death.”

The father of the Navy SEAL killed in a botched Yemen raid last month wants an investigation into the White House-ordered operation that claimed his son’s life.

Bill Owens, the father of Chief Petty Officer William “Ryan” Owens, the Navy SEAL who died in the operation, accuses the Trump administration of using his son as a political prop in an interview published Sunday in The Miami Herald.

“Don’t hide behind my son’s death to prevent an investigation,” he said of the mission, which was intended for servicemen to gather laptops, cellphones and intelligence about al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula but morphed into a fiery battle that killed Owens and several civilians.

“I want an investigation. … The government owes my son an investigation,” he told The Herald, adding that he couldn’t bear to meet President Donald Trump when he came to pay his respects as Ryan’s casket was carried off the military plane.

More: Father Of SEAL Slain In Yemen Demands Investigation

I agree, Sir! I'm sorry about your son. I thank him for his heroic service to country. My sincere condolences to you and family. There must be a thorough investigation into Trump's Yemen raid debacle that was planned over dinner. Also, during the raid, Trump wasn't even in the Situation Room. He was somewhere else Tweeting about something totally unrelated.

Well, we know what the so-called president and his minions think of Gold Star families.
Like Father, Like Son

Are you referring to the Jihaddy Daddy, Khizr Khan? His son was a mole. He had to do something brave in order to infiltrate even higher into the Infidel Army's ranks. Perhaps his assignment was also to run for office later using his fake patriotism, like John McCain did.

The father of the Seal said he wants an investigation. The left wing claims that he "rips Trump" . When are Americans going to understand that the radical left doesn't give a damn about the Military and never did? It's all about politics.

Bullshit. The left didn't want to feed our soldiers into Iraq for Bush's war machine and Cheney's gravy train. I marched in D.C. twice in two anti-Iraq war demonstrations until Bush was shamed into a 22% approval rating and the signing of the SOFA Treaty to withdraw troops by 2011.

So now come back at me with ISIS. Red herring. Our biggest problem now is the chaos Trump and Bannon are going to create with their very own American brand of ethnic cleansing.

Well, we know what the so-called president and his minions think of Gold Star families.
Like Father, Like Son

Are you referring to the Jihaddy Daddy, Khizr Khan? His son was a mole. He had to do something brave in order to infiltrate even higher into the Infidel Army's ranks. Perhaps his assignment was also to run for office later using his fake patriotism, like John McCain did.

Oh please, just STFU. Everyone of your posts is pompous ass bullshit pretense.

I say get the investigation going into who tipped off the mission to AQ. For the father. Sorry for your loss. Your son was a brave man.

But someone betrayed him and his unit on this mission and we need to find out who gave the mission info to AQ.
Trump should have seeked advice from President Obama before okaying the mission!!!! Obama would have shared his knowledge with Trump; but Trump was to bull headed to seek such advice.

Anyone who has ever served in the military knows that even the best of plans can easily turn into shit the minute you hit the ground.

The true story movies "Lone Survivor" and "Black Hawk Down" are two real live examples.

The guy's son was a Navy Seal who knew the risks and willingly accepted the job he was trained to do.

To blame Trump, or anyone else, for a mission going sideways is retarded.
..... :cool:

Last edited:
Like Father, Like Son

See? Didn't take long.

Hopefully there will be an investigation to find the Obama subverts and traitors who tipped off AQ and are responsible for the leaks.
Yemenghazi needs to be FULLY investigated. Maybe then, the Republican operatives will stop investigations simply to damage people politically. Unlike Benghazi, Yemenghazi was ORDERED by the Commander-in-Chief and the buck stops with him.

Hopefully there will be an investigation to find the Obama subverts and traitors who tipped off AQ and are responsible for the leaks.
Yemenghazi needs to be FULLY investigated. Maybe then, the Republican operatives will stop investigations simply to damage people politically. Unlike Benghazi, Yemenghazi was ORDERED by the Commander-in-Chief and the buck stops with him.
Not with this so-called president...it's on everyone but his tiny hands.

He brags what a success the operation was, while the Generals tell of its failure. The man couldn't even enter the situation room to see what was happening, too busy with more important things

He brags what a success the operation was, while the Generals tell of its failure. The man couldn't even enter the situation room to see what was happening, too busy with more important things
It's all a video game to him.

It's all a video game to him.
He tried to show what a tough guy he is, and failed miserably

Anyone who has ever served in the military knows that even the best of plans can easily turn into shit the minute you hit the ground.

The true story movies "Lone Survivor" and "Black Hawk Down" are two real live examples.

The guy's son was a Navy Seal who knew the risks and willingly accepted the job he was trained to do.

To blame Trump, or anyone else, for a mission going sideways is retarded.
..... :cool:

I give the father credit. If I was in his shoes, I would have had to be restrained or worse. My words would have been much worse and nasty. How he holds himself in check I don't know. I give him credit. What a loss he has endured.

I give the father credit. If I was in his shoes, I would have had to be restrained or worse. My words would have been much worse and nasty. How he holds himself in check I don't know. I give him credit. What a loss he has endured.
Can you imagine the right wing reaction if it had been don by Obama?

You can understand the grief that parents go through when their child is killed in action but Seals have not only a pop-culture reputation but a Military reputation (deserved or undeserved) for heroics above and beyond the call of duty. Marcus Luttrell's book "Lone Survivor" illustrates a failed mission where Seals were supposed to track Afghan Taliban terrorists but became surrounded and systematically killed by the band they were supposed to deal with. The rescue mission was botched and the moment the rescue helicopter opened it was destroyed by an RPG. The point is that it seems that Seal operations are open to critical scrutiny only during certain republican administrations.

Forum List

Back