Fascinating New Study Suggests Dark Matter Older Than the Universe

So why is there no dark matter in our immediate neighborhood?

There is ... the entire universe is permeated with the stuff ... from classical mechanics Shell theorem - Wikipedia:

"If the body is a spherically symmetric shell (i.e., a hollow ball), no net gravitational force is exerted by the shell on any object inside, regardless of the object's location within the shell."

Dark Matter's gravitational effects are all around us pulling us in all directions ... or in total, not at all ... remember, we only need Dark Matter to explain galactic sized objects ... or galaxy group sized objects ... little baby pin-pricks like our solar system are too small to measure any of these effects ...

As we (scientifically minded) sharpen our observational tools to perceive more of our astronomical ecology, we may discover a new kind of “WIMPy” elementary particle that may explain some dark matter.
However, beyond “dark”, we have a lot of “black” holes to fill to understand our origins, including the biggest one we theorize ... our Big Bang singularity.

Johns Hopkins University astronomer and physicist Tommi Tenkanen said: "If dark matter is made up of particles formed before the Big Bang, these particles affect how galaxies are distributed in the sky in a unique way. . This connection can also serve to reveal his identity and bring new elements as to what preceded the Big Bang ”.

View attachment 319806

The Big Bang did not take place at a specific point, but simultaneously in all directions. And if the Universe does have a center, the observable Universe region that we see is insufficient to give us this information. Any observer can therefore be virtually the center of the Universe, as in this logarithmic scale representation of the Observable Universe, centered on the Solar System. Credit: Pablo

Dark matter (DM) may have its origin in a pre-big-bang epoch, the cosmic inflation. Here, we consider for the first time a broad class of scenarios where a massive free scalar field unavoidably reaches an equilibrium between its classical and quantum dynamics in a characteristic timescale during inflation and sources the DM density.

Dark Matter from Scalar Field Fluctuations

In French for the image : Une nouvelle étude fascinante suggère que la matière noire serait plus ancienne que l'Univers même

There is no fascinating study of dark matter because there is no dark matter to study...……………...

Really

Why do you think there is, and why are you the only person who sees it?
I think there is because we measure its effects. I don't "see" it, because nobody sees it. But thanks for stopping by to take a shit in the thread.
There are no effects to measure in the local environment because dark matter was eliminated on contact with matter instantly and this was billions of years ago so there is nothing to measure where you are now

There is. Why did you think there isnt?

Do you hear voices too?

I don’t doubt it’s existentence. Just some questions are apparently so basic, or maybe so disturbing, you don’t see them asked.
And that’s one I have never seen addressed. Why the rarity of dark matter in our neighborhood? Isn’t it supposed to be thought now that dark matter makes up the majority of matter in the universe?

There is. Why did you think there isnt?

Do you hear voices too?

I don’t doubt it’s existentence. Just some questions are apparently so basic, or maybe so disturbing, you don’t see them asked.
And that’s one I have never seen addressed. Why the rarity of dark matter in our neighborhood? Isn’t it supposed to be thought now that dark matter makes up the majority of matter in the universe?
Dark matter is only real if the observations of the universe are valid, however the newest observations showing galaxies moving 5 times light speed call all observations and all of physics into question. If the equation dictating dark matter is wrong then there is no reason for dark matter to exist. Personally believing that 85 percent of the universe is missing or dark is rather childish. This is however possible because there is no definition of what the universe even is

Why the rarity of dark matter in our neighborhood?
what do you mean by this?

I’ll tell you what I mean. I don’t know what dark matter is or even if it exists. I’m told it does by smarter people than me. But that doesn’t explain it to me. So an answer to these two questions would help me understand.
(1) if I ran into dark matter would I feel it? Is it dark only in relation to light or is it ephemeral except for gravity. Would a spacecraft go splat against it?
(2) why does it only exist everywhere but here? If it’s 85% of the universe we would certainly be unique in not having it between earth and moon for example.

I don’t know what dark matter is or even if it exists.
Haha, scientists would, basically, agree.

if I ran into dark matter would I feel it?
Nope.

Is it dark only in relation to light or is it ephemeral except for gravity.
The second one, basically.

why does it only exist everywhere but here?
Not so. The Milky Way has a dark matter halo, too.
What would happen if you did run into dark matter

Johns Hopkins University astronomer and physicist Tommi Tenkanen said: "If dark matter is made up of particles formed before the Big Bang, ...

In this modell existed some energy, time and space before the universe starts with energy, time and space.

... Dark matter (DM) may have its origin in a pre-big-bang epoch, the cosmic inflation. ...

The cosmic inflation is a post-big-bang effect. In general it seems no one is really happy with the inflation modell, because it looks like the inflation modell explains always everything and is not disprovable.
The simplest and most difficult to believe is that the universe always did exist
Simplest explanation? I disagree, although it’s compelling to believe the universe “always existed”.
That is no more logical, or less, than to believe a “God” always existed.
From our limited human perceptions & minds, our logic is limited too. Logic appears to reflect that effects have causes.
What caused the universe to exist?
Obviously, our human logic is limited to our ecology from which we adapt to survive & propagate.
No easy answers on origins!
I said the simplest explanation because there is no really acceptable answer because after the answer there will always be another question an endless one about the universe that we do not have the capacity to understand

What would happen if you did run into dark matter

Sorry I'm late for dinner .. hope the soup is still warm ...

If 85% of the universe is dark matter ... then YOU are 85% dark matter ... the atmosphere is 85% dark matter ... everything is 85% dark matter ...

Tie two ropes on opposite sides a of an object and pull an equal amount ... by the motion of the object you'd think nothing was pulling on it ... let's tie 6 ropes equally spaced apart and pull ...again, by the motion of the object, it looks like there's no pulling at all ... so the answer to your question is dark matter is all around us pulling at us in all direction equally, and our motion is unaffected ...

This means dark matter needs to have some special properties other than not interacting with electromagnetic radiation ... on the one paw, it has to be able to collect together some under gravity ... but on the other paw, it will need be repulsive of itself to keep it's æther nature ... on the left hind paw, it seems to not have an anti-matter form and this most likely breaks some kind of sciency conservation laws ... and the right hind paw is up in the air, excuse me while I pee ...

Johns Hopkins University astronomer and physicist Tommi Tenkanen said: "If dark matter is made up of particles formed before the Big Bang, ...

In this modell existed some energy, time and space before the universe starts with energy, time and space.

... Dark matter (DM) may have its origin in a pre-big-bang epoch, the cosmic inflation. ...

The cosmic inflation is a post-big-bang effect. In general it seems no one is really happy with the inflation modell, because it looks like the inflation modell explains always everything and is not disprovable.
The simplest and most difficult to believe is that the universe always did exist
Simplest explanation? I disagree, although it’s compelling to believe the universe “always existed”.
That is no more logical, or less, than to believe a “God” always existed.
From our limited human perceptions & minds, our logic is limited too. Logic appears to reflect that effects have causes.
What caused the universe to exist?
Obviously, our human logic is limited to our ecology from which we adapt to survive & propagate.
No easy answers on origins!
I said the simplest explanation because there is no really acceptable answer because after the answer there will always be another question an endless one about the universe that we do not have the capacity to understand

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
Albert Einstein

“It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure.”
Albert Einstein

Last edited:
Johns Hopkins University astronomer and physicist Tommi Tenkanen said: "If dark matter is made up of particles formed before the Big Bang, these particles affect how galaxies are distributed in the sky in a unique way. . This connection can also serve to reveal his identity and bring new elements as to what preceded the Big Bang ”.

View attachment 319806

The Big Bang did not take place at a specific point, but simultaneously in all directions. And if the Universe does have a center, the observable Universe region that we see is insufficient to give us this information. Any observer can therefore be virtually the center of the Universe, as in this logarithmic scale representation of the Observable Universe, centered on the Solar System. Credit: Pablo

Dark matter (DM) may have its origin in a pre-big-bang epoch, the cosmic inflation. Here, we consider for the first time a broad class of scenarios where a massive free scalar field unavoidably reaches an equilibrium between its classical and quantum dynamics in a characteristic timescale during inflation and sources the DM density.

Dark Matter from Scalar Field Fluctuations

In French for the image : Une nouvelle étude fascinante suggère que la matière noire serait plus ancienne que l'Univers même

There is no fascinating study of dark matter because there is no dark matter to study...……………...

Really
But how do you explain in this case that the solar system circels around the center of the Milky Way and drifts not into the gigantic empty space between the galaxies (which would not be galaxies without this what we call "dark matter" and what means something like 'a gravity force which exists currently without any good explanation in our physical theories').

Last edited:

Forum List

Back