Fantastic Trump Hero

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Do we feel helpless/apathetic as American citizens in this new world of consumerism related gluttony and morality-less profiteerism (e.g., Enron, Wall Street, etc.)?

This short-story was inspired by the vigilantism-parody American TV series The Greatest American Hero.

I actually think there's a great deal of heroism potential in our consumerism-biased 'TrumpUSA.'

Am I being too sunny?

====

Tom Cruise went to his high school reunion to reveal to his classmates there that he was actually the American superhero Mister Fantastic (a kinetic being who could stretch to great lengths). He didn't want to be confused with the American celebrity Tom Cruise, since he was not interested in Hollywood or glamour, but he was also worried that modern celebrity hysteria and paparazzi would lead impressionable youngsters in high school to make all kinds of 'celebrity jokes' that would detract from his vigilante convictions. Cruise/Fantastic really did care about democracy and did not want to draw negative press for the movie star with the same name.

"I'm so glad to be back in high school and see my beloved classmates. It is opportune for me to reveal to you now that I am indeed Mister Fantastic, and while I love Hollywood movies, I'm not a celebrity (like the other Tom Cruise!). As Mister Fantastic, I intend to bring an end to the LA crime spree of the notorious Rabbit-Mask street-gang (a band of bandits who create urban anarchy in the name of fun!). To prove to you that I am indeed Mister Fantastic, let me show you what I can do with this stuffed penguin doll {throws doll up in the air and then stretches his torso and arms way out to catch it high in the air!}!"

Mister Fantastic's classmates were stunned and convinced that their high school classmate Tom Cruise really was the incredible American superhero, ready to pursue the ominous Rabbit-Mask gang. One classmate joked, "I bet the movie star Tom Cruise would be equally impressed!" Mister Fantastic then headed to LA to deal with the Rabbit-Mask gang who had kidnapped President Trump (who was visiting the Van Gogh exhibit at the art museum there) and was holding him for a ridiculous ransom. They even delivered a video to the news in which they showed Trump tied up while they danced in front of him (in their distinctive signature rabbit-masks) and sang, "We love Starbucks!"

After the Rabbit-Mask culprits were arrested and President Trump rescued by Mister Fantastic, the superhero gave an interview for the LA Times in which he claimed he was a big big fan of the Hollywood movie star Tom Cruise and planned to meet with him someday to talk about the idealism and optimism behind the new free market, free-speech media, Scientology, and the peaceful face of modern 'Planet Hollywood culture.' The interviewer joked to the superhero and suggested to him that the movie star Tom Cruise might want to make a movie about him someday, perhaps titled How I Rescued the American President! Mister Fantastic was giddy and content with the fact that his revelations had uplifted the otherwise apathetic consumerism-soul of modern-day America. He didn't realize that President Trump had staged his own kidnapping to create a social distraction while planning a covert war in Syria.

====

comics.jpg

Forum List

Back