FANTASTIC! There Is Some Justice In This Nation

The rapist weinstein got 23 years for his crimes.

It's a very good day for justice.

Live Coverage from CBS News

Harvey Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in prison on rape conviction
We have always had justice. What nation is better than the US when it comes to investigating and prosecuting crimes?

Why are you left wingers so predictably unpatriotic and unappreciative?
That rightists are wilfully blind to injustice is the problem.

Hey....moron...hilary, bill, michelle, barak, oprah, all of hollywood, the democrat late night comedians, and the democrat minions in the press.....notably clinton minion george stephanopolous protected harvey and silenced his accusers......ABC and NBC squashed stories about the guy....

You moron.

How do you know that any, some, or all of these people whom you listed knew of what Weinstein had been doing before the allegations against him first surfaced in the latter part of 2018 and then acted to protect him and silence his accusers? What actions did they take? What would your reference to "all of hollywood" mean, given that many of his accusers are themselves in the entertainment industry? It appears that you are just throwing out internet rumors and conspiracy theories.

It was an open secret...

Harvey Weinstein: Did everyone really know?

One of the common themes of the accounts that have emerged is that Weinstein employees would set up meetings with young women and often accompany them to hotel rooms before disappearing and leaving the women and the producer alone.

-----

British producer Alison Owen, who has worked on films like Saving Mr Banks and Suffragette, told BBC News his behaviour was "an open secret".

"Everyone had heard the stories about Harvey," she said. "If you were in the film industry, there was no way you could not have heard those stories about Harvey.

"I never heard a story from the horse's mouth. But there were always stories about, 'Oh an actress told me', or 'Someone working at Harvey's company told me', or 'Did you hear about that intern who worked for Harvey?'

"So they were always second-hand but they were many and multifarious."
------

Rebecca Traister wrote on New York magazine's The Cut website that she first heard the allegations in 2000 - but that Weinstein "could spin - or suppress - anything".

She continued: "For decades, the reporters who tried to tell the story of Harvey Weinstein butted up against the same wall of sheer force and immovable power that was leveraged against those ambitious actors, the vulnerable assistants, the executives whose careers, salaries, and reputations were in his hands."

So for years, people who did know could only talk in whispers or, like Seth MacFarlane, under the guise of jokes that were funny only because they rang true.

The article mentioned his current and former employees and his "inner circle." Those attacked in Hollywood or purportedly in England did not speak out until years later when they felt that they now had an avenue to do so. You just made a list of people who are Democratic politicians or who might have known him socially or known who he was in the industry and might be supporters of the Democratic Party. trump was once friends with Epstein. What did trump know, when did he know it, and did he report him?

trump was once friends with Epstein. What did trump know, when did he know it, and did he report him?
When Trump found out he was a creepy fuck, he threw Epstein pout of his clubs and cut off all contact, which is way more than can be said about the Clintons and the Hollyweird preverts.

And these people knew? This is just political crap. trump himself might have been a molester.

We have always had justice. What nation is better than the US when it comes to investigating and prosecuting crimes?

Why are you left wingers so predictably unpatriotic and unappreciative?

Hey....moron...hilary, bill, michelle, barak, oprah, all of hollywood, the democrat late night comedians, and the democrat minions in the press.....notably clinton minion george stephanopolous protected harvey and silenced his accusers......ABC and NBC squashed stories about the guy....

You moron.

How do you know that any, some, or all of these people whom you listed knew of what Weinstein had been doing before the allegations against him first surfaced in the latter part of 2018 and then acted to protect him and silence his accusers? What actions did they take? What would your reference to "all of hollywood" mean, given that many of his accusers are themselves in the entertainment industry? It appears that you are just throwing out internet rumors and conspiracy theories.

It was an open secret...

One of the common themes of the accounts that have emerged is that Weinstein employees would set up meetings with young women and often accompany them to hotel rooms before disappearing and leaving the women and the producer alone.

-----

British producer Alison Owen, who has worked on films like Saving Mr Banks and Suffragette, told BBC News his behaviour was "an open secret".

"Everyone had heard the stories about Harvey," she said. "If you were in the film industry, there was no way you could not have heard those stories about Harvey.

"I never heard a story from the horse's mouth. But there were always stories about, 'Oh an actress told me', or 'Someone working at Harvey's company told me', or 'Did you hear about that intern who worked for Harvey?'

------

Rebecca Traister wrote on New York magazine's The Cut website that she first heard the allegations in 2000 - but that Weinstein "could spin - or suppress - anything".

She continued: "For decades, the reporters who tried to tell the story of Harvey Weinstein butted up against the same wall of sheer force and immovable power that was leveraged against those ambitious actors, the vulnerable assistants, the executives whose careers, salaries, and reputations were in his hands."

So for years, people who did know could only talk in whispers or, like Seth MacFarlane, under the guise of jokes that were funny only because they rang true.

The article mentioned his current and former employees and his "inner circle." Those attacked in Hollywood or purportedly in England did not speak out until years later when they felt that they now had an avenue to do so. You just made a list of people who are Democratic politicians or who might have known him socially or known who he was in the industry and might be supporters of the Democratic Party. trump was once friends with Epstein. What did trump know, when did he know it, and did he report him?

I agree with you, we don't know who knew about Weinstein and his disgusting behavior. Just like we didn't have evidence that Kavanaugh did anything to Ford, yet the left jumped on it, because they felt he did.

trump was once friends with Epstein. What did trump know, when did he know it, and did he report him?
When Trump found out he was a creepy fuck, he threw Epstein pout of his clubs and cut off all contact, which is way more than can be said about the Clintons and the Hollyweird preverts.

And these people knew? This is just political crap. trump himself might have been a molester.
It was an "open secret", nitwit.

Many in the industry knew, Lys, and how could they not with what were supposedly hundreds of victims? Saddening to say, but they kept their mouths shut, either out of fear, or to keep their lucrative businesses going. I, for one, hold this sleazebag, Tarantino, in particular contempt, for he heard about Weinstein's sexual assaults from at least two victims, one of which his own girlfriend, and kept his friendship with Weinstein and their business going until the whole thing exploded in the open. That is to say, the real story about Weinstein's collaborators and enablers is still waiting to be told in full.

Yeah, manufacturing a political case out of that sordid story - of course, the pinheads would try that.

It's best to ignore people like the ones you have been replying to.

This isn't a political situation. Which is why it's in current events instead of politics.

It's interesting that it was Gloria Alred who represented several of the women he abused. He was put on trial in New York. A liberal state with liberal judges.

If liberals were protecting him, why did liberals go after him, prosecute and put him in prison?

You moron.

It was an open secret...

-----

------

I agree with you, we don't know who knew about Weinstein and his disgusting behavior. Just like we didn't have evidence that Kavanaugh did anything to Ford, yet the left jumped on it, because they felt he did.

Very different situation. Ford was a witness. She was present. I don't think that too many people know what their social acquaintances , work colleagues, or even their friends do when they are not around. There are so many stories that have been told about criminals by friends, neighbors, church members, etc., that they had no idea. trump discussed women/girls with epstein. This list is just partisan political nonsense.

It's best to ignore people like the ones you have been replying to.

This isn't a political situation. Which is why it's in current events instead of politics.

It's interesting that it was Gloria Alred who represented several of the women he abused. He was put on trial in New York. A liberal state with liberal judges.

If liberals were protecting him, why did liberals go after him, prosecute and put him in prison?
Cancel culture -which is what's taking down Weinstein- is totally political, dizzy.

Alred would put her own offspring in jail if she could get some media face time over it.

Name a country that is better at investigating and prosecuting crimes.
Saudi Arabia

Because convicted death penalty inmates don't get to spend 20 years filing appeals before their execution is carried out. ... :cool:
Those dirty stinking fools dont have a clue how to investigate a crime. They are just a bunch of dumbass muslims. Muslims do nothing right.

Justice, when?

1476162872448.png

Now, this is the way it is supposed to happen...…..due process via a trial, lawyers for both sides, confronting the accuser, witnesses, evidence, jurors and...…..a verdict.
How it's not supposed to happen........"He sexually assaulted me decades ago, I just forgot about it until I saw a president whom I hate, recommend him for the Supreme Court." No due process, no claimed witnesses support the allegation...don't remember when it occurred, just some party, no physical evidence. "Just because I blame him, I must be believed."
The latter is the way of the Marxist-Leninist ideology. Blame and get rid of the accused.

You moron.

It was an open secret...

-----

------

Very different situation. Ford was a witness. She was present. I don't think that too many people know what their social acquaintances , work colleagues, or even their friends do when they are not around. There are so many stories that have been told about criminals by friends, neighbors, church members, etc., that they had no idea. trump discussed women/girls with epstein. This list is just partisan political nonsense.

Right, she didn’t remember when or where and the people she named that were there all claimed they weren’t there. That is not a witness to anything, no one could corroborate her story. So, there was absolutely no evidence, yet the left made it partisan political nonsense.

Forum List

Back