Failed Lefty Gun Control Argument

And your answer is:

a) No laws
b) ?

Obviously we need some laws. But there's clearly too many of them at this point. New laws like these are just an opportunity for slimy Politicians to play 'Hero', by exploiting awful tragedies. Who are they punishing with these new laws? Certainly not the Criminals. Criminals don't submit to Background Checks. They wont be hurt at all by these new laws. It's just a political agenda in the end. Some just want to disarm all Citizens. But that's not possible in our country. It's a Constitutional Right.

So we need laws but only enough laws approved by you. Seems totally reasonable. (sarcasm)
Laws punish Criminals. Why are you refusing to even be foreal right now?
Yes - they punish criminals.
They do not prevent criminals from committing a crime.

Laws work...
Laws that punish criminals work.
Laws that hope to prevent criminals from committing a crime do not.

Why is a gun control law different than ALL THE OTHERS?
Gun contril laws are exactly the same as all other laws:
-They can be used to punish criminals
-They will fail at preventng criminals from committing a crime.

Keep up the good work
:clap2:

Of course laws wont prevent another Newtown. Nothing will. Laws aren't designed to do that so why are you expecting this law to do something you don't require or expect from any other law in the world?
Seems totally (un)reasonable

And your answer is:

a) No laws
b) ?

Obviously we need some laws. But there's clearly too many of them at this point. New laws like these are just an opportunity for slimy Politicians to play 'Hero', by exploiting awful tragedies. Who are they punishing with these new laws? Certainly not the Criminals. Criminals don't submit to Background Checks. They wont be hurt at all by these new laws. It's just a political agenda in the end. Some just want to disarm all Citizens. But that's not possible in our country. It's a Constitutional Right.

So we need laws but only enough laws approved by you. Seems totally reasonable. (sarcasm)

Laws work, I don't see you making the case for laws not working you only seem to believe that ONLY ONE LAW wont work, and that's Gun Control.

Why is a gun control law different than ALL THE OTHERS? And why would a Gun Control Law not work like ALL THE OTHER LAWS?

You don't know...you just know that you don't like it so, its not fair

I said we don't need nearly as many. And we already have Background Check Laws on the books. So in the end, the only result will be an increased Government intrusion on Citizens' privacy. Criminals will not be hurt at all by these new laws. They will have merely punished good law-abiding Citizens once again. But disarming all Citizens is their real agenda, so it's not surprising.

Last edited:

Laws work, I don't see you making the case for laws not working you only seem to believe that ONLY ONE LAW wont work, and that's Gun Control.

Why is a gun control law different than ALL THE OTHERS? And why would a Gun Control Law not work like ALL THE OTHER LAWS?

I said we don't need nearly as many. And we already have Background Check Laws on the books. So in the end, the only result will be an increased Government intrusion on Citizens' privacy. Criminals will not be hurt at all by these new laws. They will have merely punished good law-abiding Citizens once again. But disarming all Citizens is their real agenda, so it's not surprising.

Yes they will, again, a gun control law will act just like every other. It will punish the criminals who get caught breaking it

What ever form of gun control these dim bats pass will do nothing to stop the violence in the inner city. The vast majority of random and premeditated slaying are within the black community of inner cities, black angainst black. So go ahead pass another worthless law that penalizes law abiding citizens in the attempt to curb ghetto violence, it will accomplish absolutely nothing, zip, zero, nada, just another example of liberal stupidity.

Yes they will, again, a gun control law will act just like every other. It will punish the criminals who get caught breaking it

Criminals don't submit to Background Checks. These 'Expanded' Background Checks wont hurt them at all. It will just allow Government to be more intrusive in Citizens' lives. It's a very dangerous slippery slope. For instance, will they force Doctors and Hospitals to turn over private medical records? There are so many questions.

Why does any law exist, smarty?
You didnt answer the question: Why do you push the enactment of laws to prevent crime?
Laws punish Criminals.
Given the laws we have now, why do we need -more- laws?
Answer: To prevent crime
Why does any law exist, smart guy?
Laws wont prevent another Newtown. Nothing will.

Laws do not prevent crime because they cannot prevent crime; they are used to punish criminals AFTER they commit a crime.

So, why do you push the enactment of laws to prevent crime?

Criminals don't submit to Background Checks. These 'Expanded' Background Checks wont hurt them at all. It will just allow Government to be more intrusive in Citizens' lives. It's a very dangerous slippery slope. For instance, will they force Doctors and Hospitals to turn over private medical records? There are so many questions.

You can always make up questions. But like I said, Criminals will be hurt if they break the law. For you to say otherwise makes no sense. You should stop using that as a talking point because 1. Its not true and 2. It makes you look stupid to say things that aren't true

I, personally would like to see every military type weopon that is in the hands of someone that cannot pass the background check for ownership of a fully automatic weapon confiscated and destroyed.

However, I would settle for a law that made it illegal to have said weapon outside of your own property without such a license. These weapons are the favored peices for the crazies, and they have no use as a hunting gun.

Background checks. Absolutely. If you cannot pass a background check, more than likely, you really should not have that gun, for your own and your neighbors safety.

It is a more than weekly occurance to read of a child getting his hands on a carelessly stored or handled weapon, and that child or someone else getting shot. Laws should be that your gun is carelessly stored or handled, someone is hurt or killed, you are charged with the crime, whether or not you pulled the trigger. Time for some accountability for those that own guns. Spoken as a gun owner for nearly 60 years.

and i want to see a background check for anyone who wants to vote. I want to make sure you know what the current issues are, who is running and what they stand for. trust me, dingbat voters who only vote party line will be weeded out like mad.

You can always make up questions. But like I said, Criminals will be hurt if they break the law. For you to say otherwise makes no sense. You should stop using that as a talking point because 1. Its not true and 2. It makes you look stupid to say things that aren't true

Some questions are very important. They need to be answered. Will Doctors and Hospitals be forced to hand over private medical records?

I, personally would like to see every military type weopon that is in the hands of someone that cannot pass the background check for ownership of a fully automatic weapon confiscated and destroyed.

However, I would settle for a law that made it illegal to have said weapon outside of your own property without such a license. These weapons are the favored peices for the crazies, and they have no use as a hunting gun.

Background checks. Absolutely. If you cannot pass a background check, more than likely, you really should not have that gun, for your own and your neighbors safety.

It is a more than weekly occurance to read of a child getting his hands on a carelessly stored or handled weapon, and that child or someone else getting shot. Laws should be that your gun is carelessly stored or handled, someone is hurt or killed, you are charged with the crime, whether or not you pulled the trigger. Time for some accountability for those that own guns. Spoken as a gun owner for nearly 60 years.
and i want to see a background check for anyone who wants to vote.
I want to see a $500 tax levied on everyne that wants to vote.

Bullshit, almost 15,000 criminals bought/attempted to buy guns last year, on 44 were prosecuted and only 13 were punished.

You didnt answer the question: Why do you push the enactment of laws to prevent crime?
Laws punish Criminals.
Given the laws we have now, why do we need -more- laws?

Laws do not prevent crime because they cannot prevent crime; they are used to punish criminals AFTER they commit a crime.

Facts disagree with you as well as history. Laws do prevent crime. No matter how much you say otherwise. Human nature tells us that the penalty is high, humans will think prior to engaging in that activity.

Not all...but some. Which shows that it works. Where's your proof that laws don't deter behavior at all?

You cant find it, nor does it exist.

Facts disagree with you as well as history. Laws do prevent crime.
YOU said:
Laws won't prevent another Newtown. Nothing will.

You are very very clearly not interested in having an honest, reasoned discussion; as a result, there is no need for me to waste any more time on you.

Forum List

Back