Failed Lefty Gun Control Argument

What I find real funny is nobody on the left has even tried to comment here. And when they have, they have been turned away. They know when they have been beaten.

Last edited:
A google search link is not proof. Cite the article not the search.
:lol:

“We have to tell Congress it’s time to restore the ban on military-style assault weapons, and a 10-round limit for magazines"
Fired up Obama demands assault weapons ban, 10-round magazine limit | WashingtonExaminer.com

There you go. Obama wants to ban guns. Irrefutable fact.

Columbine happened during Clinton's assault weapons ban. Banning weapons of any type will not deter violent crime. I love having to say this over and over to a Liberal who cannot get that through his thick head.

What I find real funny is nobody on the left has even tried to comment here. And when they have, they have been turned away. They know when they have been beaten.

Because they know gun control is not a solution to any problem. It's a reaction. In the mind of the progressive, action is progress.

The only real progress in terms of guns is taking them away from the bad guys --- and they don't have an answer for that - so, any old action will have to do --- after all, action is progress in the mind of a liberal.

A google search link is not proof. Cite the article not the search.
:lol:

“We have to tell Congress it’s time to restore the ban on military-style assault weapons, and a 10-round limit for magazines"
Fired up Obama demands assault weapons ban, 10-round magazine limit | WashingtonExaminer.com

There you go. Obama wants to ban guns. Irrefutable fact.

Columbine happened during Clinton's assault weapons ban. Banning weapons of any type will not deter violent crime. I love having to say this over and over to a Liberal who cannot get that through his thick head.
I bought 3 AR-15s - new guns, not used - during the ban. I also bought 20x20rd mags.
Clearly, the ban would not have prevented me from using any of them from doing anything illegal; why they beleve that a new ban will do is is beyond reason.

Last edited:
They always want to look at England --- why? Because they are FOOLS!!!

meanwhile, across the pond...

A householder is attacked by a violent burglar every 30 minutes. . .

The folly of British gun control

Ouch!!!

Why are liberals obtuse?

Number of gun murders in the UK, 2010- 27.

Number of gun murders in the USA, 2012 - 11,101.

Sorry, gun control DOES work in the UK.

Some of you on the right seem to believe that laws are meant to stop certain things. Laws are for deterrence. Speeding laws doesn't stop speeding...it deters.

So maybe the reason you're confused is because you expect laws to stop any action instead of deterring or preventing. That's why saying over and over that gun control laws won't stop another Newtown but, you cannot deny that gun control laws would have an positive effect.

Drug laws doesn't stop drugs, child abuse laws doesn't stop child abuse so according to this logic no laws are needed because no laws stop anything.

The costs, effectiveness, and results of their policies never matter...... only the appearance of caring and of course a reason for additional funding........

Some of you on the right seem to believe that laws are meant to stop certain things. Laws are for deterrence.
False.
Laws exist to allow the state to punish those who commit actions deemed illegal.
Any deterrence the law may have stems from this and is, thusly. secondary.

Arguing that we shoud have laws intended to prevent people from breaking the law is self-evident inanity.

'Enhanced' Background Checks are useless. Criminals don't submit to Background Checks. These new Laws are a bad joke. Just an opportunity for slimy Politicians to play 'Hero', by exploiting awful tragedies. These new laws will only punish good Citizens who obey the Law. They will not hurt Criminals at all. It's all part of the NWO Global Elite plan to disarm all Citizens. Make no mistake about that.

Some of you on the right seem to believe that laws are meant to stop certain things. Laws are for deterrence.
False.
Laws exist to allow the state to punish those who commit actions deemed illegal.
Any deterrence the law may have stems from this and is, thusly. secondary.

Arguing that we shoud have laws intended to prevent people from breaking the law is self-evident inanity.

Ok? Laws exist for plenty of reasons and you yelled "false" without proving it to be so. Laws exist as a deterrent. They also exist to allow the state to punish those who commit actions deemed illegal. They also exist for the benefit of society...etc etc.

Laws work, and until you argue against laws in general your premise is false. Laws work. Period

Punish the many good, for the crimes of the few bad. That sums up our warped Political and Legal System at this point. How sad.

since the UK installed their tough gun laws and the USA lifted the clinton assault weapons ban the rate of decrease of homicide using a gun has been the same for both countires. without insane laws handcuffing rights we have achieved the same rates. while they have less guns, we have seen a proliferation of ownership of guns. it shows 2 things, gun laws do nothing, and gun ownership does not equate to murders being commited

I, personally would like to see every military type weopon that is in the hands of someone that cannot pass the background check for ownership of a fully automatic weapon confiscated and destroyed.

However, I would settle for a law that made it illegal to have said weapon outside of your own property without such a license. These weapons are the favored peices for the crazies, and they have no use as a hunting gun.

Background checks. Absolutely. If you cannot pass a background check, more than likely, you really should not have that gun, for your own and your neighbors safety.

It is a more than weekly occurance to read of a child getting his hands on a carelessly stored or handled weapon, and that child or someone else getting shot. Laws should be that your gun is carelessly stored or handled, someone is hurt or killed, you are charged with the crime, whether or not you pulled the trigger. Time for some accountability for those that own guns. Spoken as a gun owner for nearly 60 years.

Punish the many good, for the crimes of the few bad. That sums up our warped Political and Legal System at this point. How sad.

That's how laws are made. Sorry you don't like laws or stuff...really not sure what your beef is

That's why there should be less of them. Punishing the many good for the crimes of the few bad, is illogical and unjust.

I, personally would like to see every military type weopon that is in the hands of someone that cannot pass the background check for ownership of a fully automatic weapon confiscated and destroyed.

However, I would settle for a law that made it illegal to have said weapon outside of your own property without such a license. These weapons are the favored peices for the crazies, and they have no use as a hunting gun.

Background checks. Absolutely. If you cannot pass a background check, more than likely, you really should not have that gun, for your own and your neighbors safety.

It is a more than weekly occurance to read of a child getting his hands on a carelessly stored or handled weapon, and that child or someone else getting shot. Laws should be that your gun is carelessly stored or handled, someone is hurt or killed, you are charged with the crime, whether or not you pulled the trigger. Time for some accountability for those that own guns. Spoken as a gun owner for nearly 60 years.

No offense, but you're lacking a bit in knowledge of current Gun Laws. You cannot purchase an automatic 'military-type' weapon. AR's are Semi-Automatic Rifles. They're no different than any other Semi-Automatic Rifle sold. The only difference is in their appearance. And we already have Background Check Laws on the books. They're pretty much useless. Criminals do not submit to Background Checks. So the only ones being punished are good law-abiding Citizens. It's just more harrassing Government intrusion on privacy. That's what the final result will be.

That's how laws are made. Sorry you don't like laws or stuff...really not sure what your beef is

That's why there should be less of them. Punishing the many good for the crimes of the few bad, is illogical and unjust.

And your answer is:

a) No laws
b) ?

Obviously we need some laws. But there's clearly too many of them at this point. New laws like these are just an opportunity for slimy Politicians to play 'Hero', by exploiting awful tragedies. Who are they punishing with these new laws? Certainly not the Criminals. Criminals don't submit to Background Checks. They wont be hurt at all by these new laws. It's just a political agenda in the end. Some just want to disarm all Citizens. But that's not possible in our country. It's a Constitutional Right.

Good luck taking the guns from the ciminals.

However, I would settle for a law that made it illegal to have said weapon outside of your own property without such a license
Such a license infringes on the right to arms and thus violates the constitution.

It is a more than weekly occurance to read of a child getting his hands on a carelessly stored or handled weapon, and that child or someone else getting shot. Laws should be that your gun is carelessly stored or handled, someone is hurt or killed, you are charged with the crime
What crime would that be?

And your answer is:

a) No laws
b) ?

Obviously we need some laws. But there's clearly too many of them at this point. New laws like these are just an opportunity for slimy Politicians to play 'Hero', by exploiting awful tragedies. Who are they punishing with these new laws? Certainly not the Criminals. Criminals don't submit to Background Checks. They wont be hurt at all by these new laws. It's just a political agenda in the end. Some just want to disarm all Citizens. But that's not possible in our country. It's a Constitutional Right.

So we need laws but only enough laws approved by you. Seems totally reasonable. (sarcasm)
Laws punish Criminals. Why are you refusing to even be foreal right now?

Laws work, I don't see you making the case for laws not working you only seem to believe that ONLY ONE LAW wont work, and that's Gun Control.

Why is a gun control law different than ALL THE OTHERS? And why would a Gun Control Law not work like ALL THE OTHER LAWS?

You don't know...you just know that you don't like it so, its not fair

Forum List

Back