Facts About Judaism

you seem to miss the fact, dingbat, that your "summary"
is something like the CLASSIC COMIC version of the bible.
Try to pull yourself out of Sunday school. As to your "thousands
of years of transmission......." you got that carbon dated?
So no comment about the Israeli physicist who said the account of Genesis matches the Big Bang?

"....thousands of years of transmission......... ? what does that
analogy have to do with anything-----the hindu version is also .......
.....comparable
It has to do with the account of a Genesis called it 6,000 years before science did.

it has to do with the universe was created. It literally popped into existence just as Genesis claims.

Genesis 1:27 can you please explain to us what happened to her?

You do realize that You're asking a missionary,
who makes up his mambo jambo without reference in the text?

Go to the source, or most close version to translation with commentaries:

That’s a new one on me. I’ve been called a lot of things but never a missionary.

The Bible is full of examples of people who did what you just did. What you intended for evil God has used for good.

You've been called on your actions, and that's precise to the letter.

Typical tactic of missionaries to cyclically evoke G-d once caught on their corruption.

Well I don't about "da bible", but Torah is indeed full of examples of what has to be done
to those who try to turn Israel to idol worship, and the punishment G-d intended for them.

Funny, but I don’t care if people believe in God, let alone become Christians.

So, fire away. Because the only idol worshippers here are you guys.

can you DEFINE "you guys" pic?

Yes.

But I’m not pic, rose

ok-----can you define "you guys," dingbat?

I already answered that. Yes. :lol:

G-d Said, "Be Holy - Eat A Matzah"

I'm well into them already. Along with the bitter herbs.

Yeah, couldn't help but laugh when eating that Matzah with Haroset and green salad,
and think that if that's what Hashem set for us as the "bread of the poor" -
the nations have no idea what is delicacy, not even close.

And all that came before the lamb ribs... :wine:

Just think, what a splendor it will be to eat the real thing all together in Jerusalem ...

Last edited:
G-d Said, "Be Holy - Eat A Matzah"

I'm well into them already. Along with the bitter herbs.

Yeah, couldn't help but laugh when eating that Matzah with Haroset and green salad,
and think that if that's what Hashem set for us as the "bread of the poor" -
the nations have no idea what is delicacy, not even close.

And all that came before the lamb ribs... :wine:

Just think, what a splendor it will be to eat the real thing all together in Jerusalem ...

A feast.

In an age without candle-lighting calendars, handy refrigerator magnets, or quick ways to check the time for lighting candles on the internet, there were many natural signals — from the angle of the sun to the activity of animals and plants — for twilight. In a world of clocks that follow us everywhere — that adorn our microwaves, our walls, our wrists, and our phones — today’s daf offers us an invitation.

To be Jewish is to be intimately familiar with the world around us. It’s to recognize that our daily, weekly and yearly cycles are inextricably linked to those of nature.

Rabbi Avi Strausberg.

http://www.jewfaq.org/index.shtml

Many people know very little about Judaism. This site will answer most any questions you have.
Not all Jews do things exactly the same. There are 3 main denominations:Orthodox, Conservative and Reform. Orthodox are the most dedicated of the 3. Reform are the most casual.

Jews are a tiny minority. There are only 13 million Jews worldwide, which represents only 0.2% of the population.

You outnumber us! So, what does the name Jew mean? It is derived from the name Judah - do you agree? So, what does the name Judah mean?

On the lighter side (I have a sense of humor):

Is the abbreviation for Jew: JW?

Thanks for the site. but I am still fuzzy on whether Judaism is a religion or a philosophy.

13 Principles of Faith
The closest that anyone has ever come to creating a widely-accepted list of Jewish beliefs is Rambam's thirteen principles of faith. These principles, which Rambam thought were the minimum requirements of Jewish belief, are:

1. G-d exists
  2. G-d is one and unique
  3. G-d is incorporeal
  4. G-d is eternal
  5. Prayer is to be directed to G-d alone and to no other
  6. The words of the prophets are true
  7. Moses' prophecies are true, and Moses was the greatest of the prophets
  8. The Written Torah (first 5 books of the Bible) and Oral Torah (teachings now contained in the Talmud and other writings) were given to Moses
  9. There will be no other Torah
  10. G-d knows the thoughts and deeds of men
  11. G-d will reward the good and punish the wicked
  12. The Messiah will come
  13. The dead will be resurrected
The first 10 don't really specify what is actually believed, and there seems to be wide disagreement about the last three. For example:

11. When, where and how does G-d administer reward and punishment?

12. Will the Messiah be a person, prophet and/or G-d Himself? What, exactly, will he do?

13. Will the dead be physically resurrected on Earth or transported to heaven? What will happen to nonbelievers? Where do they go?

I would appreciate any answers you can provide.
The Messiah could not be God since Messiah/Christ is defined as "anointed one." If the Messiah was God, who anointed him?

We believe the Messiah is anointed by God.

Thanks for the site. but I am still fuzzy on whether Judaism is a religion or a philosophy.

13 Principles of Faith
The closest that anyone has ever come to creating a widely-accepted list of Jewish beliefs is Rambam's thirteen principles of faith. These principles, which Rambam thought were the minimum requirements of Jewish belief, are:

1. G-d exists
  2. G-d is one and unique
  3. G-d is incorporeal
  4. G-d is eternal
  8. The Written Torah (first 5 books of the Bible) and Oral Torah (teachings now contained in the Talmud and other writings) were given to Moses
The first 10 don't really specify what is actually believed, and there seems to be wide disagreement about the last three. For example:

12. Will the Messiah be a person, prophet and/or G-d Himself? What, exactly, will he do?

13. Will the dead be physically resurrected on Earth or transported to heaven? What will happen to nonbelievers? Where do they go?

The Messiah could not be God since Messiah/Christ is defined as "anointed one." If the Messiah was God, who anointed him?

Thanks, but that doesn't answer my questions. Also, if Jesus wasn't (and didn't claim to be) God, why couldn't he have been anointed by God (e.g., through John the Baptist)? How else would the Messiah be anointed? By the corrupt Pharisees?

13 Principles of Faith

1. G-d exists
  2. G-d is one and unique
  3. G-d is incorporeal
  4. G-d is eternal

Thanks, but that doesn't answer my questions. Also, if Jesus wasn't (and didn't claim to be) God, why couldn't he have been anointed by God (e.g., through John the Baptist)? How else would the Messiah be anointed? By the corrupt Pharisees?

Jesus was anointed by God. And he did not claim to be God. Jesus was Jewish - so who did Jesus pray to?

There is a chronology involved - the 70 weeks of years in Daniel 9:24-27 - to wit:

Counting from 455 BCE when Artaxerces gave the order, the 70th week of years began in 29 CE when Jesus became the Messiah when anointed with holy spirit (God's spirit - Genesis 1:2) when he was baptized at age 30. At the half of the week sacrifice and gift offering ceased 3.5 years later in 33 CE when Jesus poured out his soul to death as a sin offering (Isaiah 53:10-12) so God stopped accepting animal sacrifices for atonement of sins. In 36 CE the end of the 70th week ended the covenant with Jews alone when Gentiles became part of the new covenant. Previous to 36 CE all of Jesus' followers were Jews - though the Samaritan woman apparently believed - Samaria was part of Israel originally.

Please explain how I am not answering your questions.

Is Judaism something more than membership in a particular tribe with common traditions? If so, I would appreciate a concise explanation.

13 Principles of Faith

1. G-d exists
  2. G-d is one and unique
  3. G-d is incorporeal
  4. G-d is eternal

Jesus was anointed by God. And he did not claim to be God. Jesus was Jewish - so who did Jesus pray to?

There is a chronology involved - the 70 weeks of years in Daniel 9:24-27 - to wit:

Counting from 455 BCE when Artaxerces gave the order, the 70th week of years began in 29 CE when Jesus became the Messiah when anointed with holy spirit (God's spirit - Genesis 1:2) when he was baptized at age 30. At the half of the week sacrifice and gift offering ceased 3.5 years later in 33 CE when Jesus poured out his soul to death as a sin offering (Isaiah 53:10-12) so God stopped accepting animal sacrifices for atonement of sins. In 36 CE the end of the 70th week ended the covenant with Jews alone when Gentiles became part of the new covenant. Previous to 36 CE all of Jesus' followers were Jews - though the Samaritan woman apparently believed - Samaria was part of Israel originally.

It seems to me that Jesus did make that claim and didn’t correct others when they addressed him as such.

13 Principles of Faith

1. G-d exists
  2. G-d is one and unique
  3. G-d is incorporeal
  4. G-d is eternal

It seems to me that Jesus did make that claim and didn’t correct others when they addressed him as such.
Of course, if he did he would have contradicted John 1:18.

John 5:37
And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me.+ You have neither heard his voice at any time nor seen his form,+

John 6:46
Not that any man has seen the Father,+ except he who is from God; this one has seen the Father.+

1 John 4;12
At no time has anyone beheld God.+ If we continue loving one another, God remains in us and his love is made perfect in us.+

However, in the Bible Hebrew el/elohim and Greek theos have more than one definition - not just Almighty God. In defense of his deity Jesus showed which definition applied to him in John 10:34-36 by quoting Psalms 82:6 where Jehovah calls human judges gods. The definition of deity in those verses simply means mighty one(s). The same is true when Jehovah referred to Moses as God:

Exodus 7:1
Consequently Jehovah said to Moses: “See, I have made you God* to Pharʹaoh,+ and Aaron your own brother will become your prophet.+

In that verse the plural elohim is used for "God" but Moses was a singular person, so this is an example of the Hebrew plural of excellence.

Of course, Moses and Jesus were not worshipped - but they were mighty ones which is a definition of god in Scripture.

Bottom line - there is a difference between Hebrew el gibbor (mighty god - Isaiah 9:6) and el shaddai (Almighty God - Genesis 17:1).

J
Is Judaism something more than membership in a particular tribe with common traditions? If so, I would appreciate a concise explanation.

Judaism refers to those of the Jewish religion. One could say Jewish religions since there are divisions of Judaism as there also was in Jesus' time.

You need to understand the definition of "religion."

In this case, worshipers of Jehovah - though most Jews of today will not pronounce the Divine Name.

OK, I don't think my question was answered:

What is the definition from Hebrew of the name Jew and the definition of Judah from which Jew is derived.

I'll add another question. Is the prefix "Je" in Jew, Jesus and Jehovah just coincidence?

What is the definition from Hebrew of the name Jew and the definition of Judah from which Jew is derived.

I'll add another question. Is the prefix "Je" in Jew, Jesus and Jehovah just coincidence?
"And she conceived again and bore a son, and she said, "This time, I will thank the Lord! Therefore, she named him Judah, and [then] she stopped bearing. "

Last edited:

Judah comes from one of the sons of Israel (Jacob). it was the name of one of the 2 kingdoms. From that comes the name Yehudi, translated as Jew. It has no other meaning. Jesus would likely be the translation of the name Yeshua, more commonly translated to English as Joshua.

Jehova has no real source. The name of God on Torah is written as yud-hey-vav-hey. Now, Hebrew has no vowels. The system on dots and dashes currently used yo denote pronunciation is relatively recent is is in limited use. Mostly text books for Hebrew learners and Chumashim, printed versions of Torah. Because the Tetragammon has no root, we do not know how to pronounce it. It MAY have been yaveh or yaweh, although the "w" sound from vav would be unusual. But we do not know for sure. One of the reason we don't pronounce it and substitute Adonai for the Tetragammon.

J

Judaism refers to those of the Jewish religion. One could say Jewish religions since there are divisions of Judaism as there also was in Jesus' time.

You need to understand the definition of "religion."

In this case, worshipers of Jehovah - though most Jews of today will not pronounce the Divine Name.

What Judaism is NOT is a religion,
rather how the nations defined the heritage of a nation,
that they never had, and yet still don't have any grasp of.

In an age without candle-lighting calendars, handy refrigerator magnets, or quick ways to check the time for lighting candles on the internet, there were many natural signals — from the angle of the sun to the activity of animals and plants — for twilight. In a world of clocks that follow us everywhere — that adorn our microwaves, our walls, our wrists, and our phones — today’s daf offers us an invitation.

To be Jewish is to be intimately familiar with the world around us. It’s to recognize that our daily, weekly and yearly cycles are inextricably linked to those of nature.

Rabbi Avi Strausberg.

That's what the first Halachic discussion in the Shuhan Aruch is dealing with,
how to to find out the exact time the day begins, so as to "wake up the dawn" in prayer.

So only Jews understand this? Or is everyone who understands this Jewish?

Forum List

Back