Facts About Judaism

Eve was deceived. Adam was not. Adam ate the fruit willingly to remain with his wife.
God set a super angel to guard the way to the tree of life in Eden to prevent them from also eating the fruit from tree of life, which would cause them to live forever in sin. He was protecting them.

We now have Christ. He is the way to eternal life...

Eve was deceived. Adam was not. Adam ate the fruit willingly to remain with his wife.
You're trying to fill the gaps with what seems natural for human behavior in this world.
It was just hours after they were separated, only to be commanded to reunite again... so projecting what seems obvious rational for human behavior, may be a curious thought experiment, but is quiet a long shot. Adam and Havah didn't even speak to each other, until after eating the fruit.

But essentially, You're undermining the intent behind Havah's freedom of choice.

God set a super angel to guard the way to the tree of life in Eden to prevent them from also eating the fruit from tree of life, which would cause them to live forever in sin. He was protecting them.

We now have Christ. He is the way to eternal life...

Please, plenty of threads are not about Judaism, actually most are not.
Let's be respectful of each other, and stick to the subject of the thread.

And it's actually quiet strange that You have an avatar of 'Abba' holding his kid's hand,
and assume there'd be need for any middleman figure.

The wise of all man already said :

"My son, forget not My Torah, and may your heart keep My commandments;
for they shall add length of days and years of life and peace to you."
Its path are ways of pleasantness, and all its paths are Shalom
"It is a tree of life for those who grasp it, and those who draw near it are fortunate."

- Mishlei 3:1-18, King Shlomah

Last edited:
The tree of life! The Daily Spark, by Rabbi Moshe Pinto Shlita

The Daily Spark, a group for you to start your day off right with all the Torah vitamins
and minerals your soul needs.

I agree with the off topic reprimand. Sorry.
But since you remarked, He is the middleman. Emanuel = God with us.

I think the Torah has so many levels we are just beginning to realize the implications. Jesus referred to it all the time.
And while I have you here, would you tell me if this is correct?

Hebrew to English

Adam~ Man
Seth~ Appointed
Enosh~ Mortal
Kenan~ Sorrow;
Mahalalel~ The Blessed God
Jared~ Shall come down
Enoch~ Teaching
Methuselah~ His death shall bring
Lamech~ The Despairing
Noah~ Rest, or comfort.

I believe the Torah is integral to the New Testament.

So, now, back to our regularly scheduled program. Sorry I intruded.

I agree with the off topic reprimand. Sorry.
But since you remarked, He is the middleman. Emanuel = God with us.

I think the Torah has so many levels we are just beginning to realize the implications. Jesus referred to it all the time.
And while I have you here, would you tell me if this is correct?

Hebrew to English

Adam~ Man
Seth~ Appointed
Enosh~ Mortal
Kenan~ Sorrow;
Mahalalel~ The Blessed God
Jared~ Shall come down
Enoch~ Teaching
Methuselah~ His death shall bring
Lamech~ The Despairing
Noah~ Rest, or comfort.

I believe the Torah is integral to the New Testament.

So, now, back to our regularly scheduled program. Sorry I intruded.

Judaism rejects any notion of a middle men, or entity, not allowed, it's fundamental.
It's desecration of G-d's Name, an insult to everything essential that flows in our spiritual blood.

It's so counter-intuitive, for which our fathers were willing to die and did for millenias,
that it feels as an insult to everything dear.

Some of names, or roots of Hebrew words, though still being in use, and seem apparent, I'm not sure, or frankly know if remained exactly as in ancient Torah Hebrew. We use these words on a daily basis but if I went straight to the apparent, how it sounds today, I'm not sure that would be exact. Some have multiple meanings, for some, translation totally looses the depth and meaning.

I'll list those that clearly haven't changed, and remain their meaning with translation:

Adam is 'of soil"
Shet - given, though it's much more multifaceted
Enosh - human, more specifically of human collective consciousness, as opposed to animal
Keinan - of Kain
Mehalelel - praising G-d
Yared - if I choose one meaning, depth is lost
Noah - convenient, comforting

NT is a ridiculous forgery, fabrication so blatant it's insulting to human intelligence,
aimed at those who will not, or cannot read the original in its entirety.

"Truth is not shy, and not cowardly!"
- Rabbi Avrham Yitzhak Kook ztz"l to British committee, year 5689.

Last edited:
...for the land shall be filled with knowledge of HaShem as waters cover the sea" - Yishayahu 11:9
How can it be done on practice if the Jews virtually reject proselytizing?

That's actually an interesting question.

Certainly not one that can be grasped in one post, but at least so that we have common understanding of the trajectory - proselytizing basically means turning others to be like Yourself, that's not the purpose.

On the one hand, knowledge of HaShem doesn't mean everyone must become Jews.
On the other, by accepting the 7 Noahide laws nations retain themselves, entirely fulfill that essence.

...for the land shall be filled with knowledge of HaShem as waters cover the sea" - Yishayahu 11:9

Certainly not one that can be grasped in one post, but at least so that we have common understanding of the trajectory - proselytizing basically means turning others to be like Yourself, that's not the purpose.

On the other, by accepting the 7 Noahide laws nations retain themselves, entirely fulfill that essence.
Yes, but how many people have heard about these laws?

I have been living in the place near which a Jewish community center is situated for almost three years. And during this time there hasn't been any activity from them to promote their views or something like that. There haven't been any invitations, announcement of celebrations or the like.

I don't know whether it is appropriate comparison, but they can't be even compared with say JWs in this respect. Or even with the Adventists.

Judaism should be more open to the rest of the world.

I have been living in the place near which a Jewish community center is situated for almost three years. And during this time there hasn't been any activity from them to promote their views or something like that. There haven't been any invitations, announcement of celebrations or the like.

I don't know whether it is appropriate comparison, but they can't be even compared with say JWs in this respect. Or even with the Adventists.

Again, false comparison.
Judaism is not out to make the nations into Jews, there's no such purpose.
Judaism is for Jews, 7 Noahide laws are for the nations.

You've missed the fact that regarding the US, there's already no need to actively advertise them further. Job is done in the western hemisphere.

Nations know of the G-d of Israel, and fulfill the required commandments.

What's left is far east.

Last edited:

Again, false comparison.

You've missed the fact that regarding the US, there's already no need to actively advertise them further. Job is done in the western hemisphere.

What's left is far east.

And what do they know about Him? And how many of them abide by the Noahide laws?

I think that knowing of Him implies that one should not only know that somewhere exists 'Jewish God', but something more.

Again, false comparison.

What's left is far east.

And what do they know about Him? And how many of them abide by the Noahide laws?

I think that knowing of Him implies that one should not only know that somewhere exists 'Jewish God', but something more.

They don't have to know specifically about Rabbi Ouri Sherki,
simply fulfill the commandments required of them, as nations.
And You'll be surprised how many do according to Jewish law, already most of them.

We're not to go knocking from door to door, rather to make the effort, by example,
so that this is where things progress, if nations do without direct intervention, what's good.

Only those inconvenient about themselves, seek turning others into themselves - that's not the truth.

Last edited:

Again, false comparison.

What's left is far east.

They don't have to know specifically about Rabbi Ouri Sherki,
simply fulfill the commandments required of them, as nations.
And You'll be surprised how many do according to Jewish law, already most of them.

We're not to go knocking from door to door, rather to make the effort, by example,
so that this is where things progress, if nations do without direct intervention, what's good.

Only those inconvenient about themselves, seek turning others into themselves - that's not the truth.

What is interesting atheists are more suitable for these laws than say Christians.

I have to admit that the laws establish very low moral standards, dont they? I am now not talking about prohibition of murder. It is the thing understandable by itself in our times.

Where efforts are required is in adultery and theft.

Btw, what falls under meaning of 'theft'? Say, if I am a seller and by some trick I managed to get extra money from a buyer for the good which costs much cheaper, then it can be considered as theft?

http://www.jewfaq.org/index.shtml

Many people know very little about Judaism. This site will answer most any questions you have.
Not all Jews do things exactly the same. There are 3 main denominations:Orthodox, Conservative and Reform. Orthodox are the most dedicated of the 3. Reform are the most casual.

Jews are a tiny minority. There are only 13 million Jews worldwide, which represents only 0.2% of the population.

“A tiny minority” ...hmmmmm......

Many people know very little about Judaism. This site will answer most any questions you have.
Not all Jews do things exactly the same. There are 3 main denominations:Orthodox, Conservative and Reform. Orthodox are the most dedicated of the 3. Reform are the most casual.

Jews are a tiny minority. There are only 13 million Jews worldwide, which represents only 0.2% of the population.

Why are Jews small in population? So one won't say, "it is by dint of your numbers that you were able to sway many to your side."

Why are Jews small in population? So one won't say, "it is by dint of your numbers that you were able to sway many to your side."

Are they small in number at..say...CNN?

Say, if I am a seller and by some trick I managed to get extra money from a buyer for the good which costs much cheaper, then it can be considered as theft?

A. It's only theft if taken against the will of the seller.

B. Everything on this planet, from true love to toilet paper, is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it ... no more, no less.

I know stuff about PHARISEES ----and based on the comments CREDIBLY attributed to the person Jesus AND his behavior and
those with whom he associated----IT IS OBVIOUS TO ME that he was a Pharisee.
Then I take it that you believe that all of us who follow Jesus and what he taught are Pharisees as well?

I believe that only Pharisaical Judaism survived. All Jewish religions today are descended from the Pharisees right?

Jesus was a Pharisee,
Your opinion only. Jesus, as were all Jews, were influenced by Pharisees and Pharisaic teachings. We can point to actions and teachings that were clearly influenced by Pharisees--and also to actions and teachings that clearly went against Pharisaic teachings.

What I find interesting is your insistence that Jesus be a Pharisee. It seems extremely important to you that he was. (I doubt Jesus minds.)

Liberalism is obvious Pharisaical as well. Puritanical. When you argue with them do you ever notice their reliance on sophistries and technicalities?

can you point to some actions and teachings attributable to Jesus that you
consider "clearly went against Pharisaic teachings" ? (for the sake of clarity)
-----in fact ----would some deviance from what you perceive the CARVED IN STONE
Pharisee teachings or party line-----render Jesus NOT PHARISEE?
Pointless and therefore a waste of our time. You claim to know Jesus and the Gospels intimately. This being true, you clearly have the ability to name several already. I would rather discuss why it is so important to you that Jesus be a Pharisee.
All atheists claim to be experts on the Bible.

Forum List

Back