Fact vs. Myth: Real Unemployment Rate (U-6) -- Obama vs. Bush

Yes we know that you need one, but if you had one you would not be able to follow the far left commands like you do and you may even renounce your far left religion.

Is that what you really want far left drone?

umm, yeah .... that was your brain he found at the end.

Well goes to show that you are jealous that I have something that you do not!

Typical far left drone!

Yes we know that you need one, but if you had one you would not be able to follow the far left commands like you do and you may even renounce your far left religion.

Typical far left drone!

At least we agree you have an abnormal brain and I do not. But who knows why you think that leaves me jealous? :dunno:

Typical far left drone!

At least we agree you have an abnormal brain and I do not. But who knows why you think that leaves me jealous? :dunno:

Yes to the far left drones a free thinking brain may be abnormal. But you are jealous that I have a brain and you do not! To bad all your thoughts are a far left programmed responses..

Typical far left drone!

Yes to the far left drones a free thinking brain may be abnormal. But you are jealous that I have a brain and you do not! To bad all your thoughts are a far left programmed responses..

Clearly, I have a brain. We all do. But even you acknowledged yours is abnormal.

Typical far left drone!

Clearly, I have a brain. We all do. But even you acknowledged yours is abnormal.

Yes we know you far left drones are envious of anyone that has a brain.

Here is something to help you understand what you are missing:

6fb0751be61f2044ecd1c83d3b185f17a4f24bb0b9b2cdbac0177be986a7c156.jpg

One BIG contrast is that unlike Bush, Obama inherited the worst recession since the Great Depression.

Wrong. The recession that Reagan faced was just as bad as, if not worse than, the one Obama "inherited" (I put "inherited" in quotes because the 2008 recession was caused by policies that Obama had supported.)

And Reagan overcame the 1982 recession in sterling fashion, far better than Obama has overcame the 2008 recession. Obama's economic record pales in comparison to Reagan's.

That being the biggisest reason the U6 rate went up as high as 17.1%. And while the U3 rate is the official unemployment rate, by any measure, it almost doubled under Bush and has come down under Obama.

Huh? The U-6 rate stayed well below 10% for most of Bush's presidency, and it never got above 13%.

Your other nonsense about the CRA has been debunked repeatedly.

No, it has not. You just have not read the refutations of the supposed "debunking." Investor's Business Daily has published some superb research that refutes the left's denialism on this issue. Obviously you did not bother to read the linked article on the causes of the financial crisis, much less any of the articles linked therein.
Reagan's recession was not as deep as Bush's. GDP fell by 1.5% during Reagan's; compared to over 4% during Bush's and the U6 rate swelled by over 11 million people. That's why it was the Great Recession. As far as comparing the two, at this point in Reagan's presidency, the U3 rate was 6.6%. Under Obama, it's 5.7%. Though to Reagan's credit, he added more jobs and in a smaller population.

As far as the CRA. It's been debated plenty and I've read much about it. CRA loans accounted for just about 6% of the toxic residential loans and zero percent of the toxic commercial loans. Far below the threshold o cause the crecit markets to freeze up. The vast majority of the toxic loans were made by lenders who chose to give them out, not because they were required to by government regulations. And the reason they chose to take such risks is because the GSE's assumed the risk. That, along with the Fed lowering the federal fund rate to 2% and lower is what caused the financial collapse.

One BIG contrast is that unlike Bush, Obama inherited the worst recession since the Great Depression.

Wrong. The recession that Reagan faced was just as bad as, if not worse than, the one Obama "inherited" (I put "inherited" in quotes because the 2008 recession was caused by policies that Obama had supported.)

And Reagan overcame the 1982 recession in sterling fashion, far better than Obama has overcame the 2008 recession. Obama's economic record pales in comparison to Reagan's.

That being the biggisest reason the U6 rate went up as high as 17.1%. And while the U3 rate is the official unemployment rate, by any measure, it almost doubled under Bush and has come down under Obama.

Huh? The U-6 rate stayed well below 10% for most of Bush's presidency, and it never got above 13%.

Your other nonsense about the CRA has been debunked repeatedly.

No, it has not. You just have not read the refutations of the supposed "debunking." Investor's Business Daily has published some superb research that refutes the left's denialism on this issue. Obviously you did not bother to read the linked article on the causes of the financial crisis, much less any of the articles linked therein.
Reagan's recession was not as deep as Bush's. GDP fell by 1.5% during Reagan's; compared to over 4% during Bush's and the U6 rate swelled by over 11 million people. That's why it was the Great Recession. As far as comparing the two, at this point in Reagan's presidency, the U3 rate was 6.6%. Under Obama, it's 5.7%. Though to Reagan's credit, he added more jobs and in a smaller population.

As far as the CRA. It's been debated plenty and I've read much about it. CRA loans accounted for just about 6% of the toxic residential loans and zero percent of the toxic commercial loans. Far below the threshold o cause the crecit markets to freeze up. The vast majority of the toxic loans were made by lenders who chose to give them out, not because they were required to by government regulations. And the reason they chose to take such risks is because the GSE's assumed the risk. That, along with the Fed lowering the federal fund rate to 2% and lower is what caused the financial collapse.
Well said.
thumbsup.gif

Forum List

Back