Fact-checkers are taking aim at American Sniper

Here are some links for fact checking Selma.

Fact-Checking the Film: 'Selma' | Inside Movies | EW.com
Fact-Checking the Film Selma Inside Movies EW.com
Jan 3, 2015 ... Oscar season is here, which means a flurry of fact-based movies are in theaters. ... Selma has won critical raves for its depiction of Martin Luther King Jr., and the crucial 50-mile civil-rights march from ..... Check the FBI stats.
The questions we should be asking about 'Selma ... - Washington Post
The questions we should be asking about 8216 Selma 8217 - The Washington Post
Jan 5, 2015 ... Instead, it suggests that we should check fiction for inaccuracies, and if ... and the march in Selma specifically, when he in fact had drafted and ...
The movie 'Selma' has a glaring flaw - The Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-movie-selma-has-a-glaring-historical-inaccuracy/...
Dec 26, 2014 ... In fact, Selma was LBJ's idea, he considered the Voting Rights Act his greatest legislative ... Did they feel no obligation to check the facts?
Selma fact vs. fiction: How true Ava DuVernay's new movie is to the ...
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/12/24/selma_fact_vs_fiction_how_true_ava_duvernay_...
Dec 24, 2014 ... Ava DuVernay's Selma, a retelling of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s historic 1965 Freedom Marches from Selma to Montgomery, opens in limited ...

Jan 3, 2015 ... Oscar season is here, which means a flurry of fact-based movies are in theaters. ... Selma has won critical raves for its depiction of Martin Luther King Jr., and the crucial 50-mile civil-rights march from ..... Check the FBI stats.
Jan 5, 2015 ... Instead, it suggests that we should check fiction for inaccuracies, and if ... and the march in Selma specifically, when he in fact had drafted and ...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-movie-selma-has-a-glaring-historical-inaccuracy/...
Dec 26, 2014 ... In fact, Selma was LBJ's idea, he considered the Voting Rights Act his greatest legislative ... Did they feel no obligation to check the facts?
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/12/24/selma_fact_vs_fiction_how_true_ava_duvernay_...
Dec 24, 2014 ... Ava DuVernay's Selma, a retelling of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s historic 1965 Freedom Marches from Selma to Montgomery, opens in limited ...
Of course LBJ called it his biggest accomplishment

Should I quote him?

Of course LBJ called it his biggest accomplishment

Should I quote him?

If you believe it is pertinent to an emphatic point.

Several important falsehoods have been documented regarding the popular film American Sniper. Some links fact-checking the falsehood-ridden movies are here. Conservatives are likely not to read these fact-checks because it hurts their sensibilities as they want everything portrayed in the movie to be true.:

American Sniper The True Story of Chris Kyle
American Sniper fact vs. fiction How accurate is the Chris Kyle movie

What a pathetic little parasite you must be, did you bother to actually read your links? Neither were particularly critical of the artistic license taken in the production of the movie, the second article had to correct their own mistakes at the end. But don't worry too much, you'll fit right in with the other lying libs on this board. BTW this is not a politics subject, should have been in current events.

No, a Navy SEAL is a incredibly well trained commando. Their job is to infiltrate by land, sea or air, engage and destroy the enemy. That's it. If a SEAL enters into a building full of bad guys to extract a comrade, and he knows he has little chance of surviving it, that is heroic. Merely shooting people is not.

So shooting a person carring enough explosives strapped to their bodies that can blow up your entire unit from a distance safe enough to save everybody isn't heroic enough for you? I knew you were a liberal. Had to be. For you to believe that is insane! It's batshit. Instead of saving bambi you literally just picked her up and threw her on the autobahn highway and not just killed her you killed every person on the road in a 100 car pile up. Do you understand?

No, it's not "heroic." It is damned skillful, but it is not heroic. A man much wiser than I said "you can judge a society by the quality of its heroes".

Saving lives with 1 shot fired is heroic. saving lives period is heroic no matter how they are saved. Oh my god I'm going to fucking lose it guys.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you fucking with me??????????????????? i want the truth. Where the fuck is the damn logic in your argument? It's like listen to sarah palin the other night and saying, "what?"

According to you. Not according to those who are heroic.

I just took enough medication to make me high for the next 24 hours and enough sleeping pills to knock out an elephant. I ahve no clue when i will wake up and there's no point in setting my alarm because I wont hear the damn thing. I will finally be at peace today. See before I get to crazy and out of control I knock myself out cold. Plus, I ahve an ear infection and sinus infection and on some strong shit. I'll be sleeping with a smile. :)
Calm down, JR.

What makes you think you were correctly using the english language technique of hyperbole?

Hell, you can't even spell the word.. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

It was set to see how closely you were reading. You avoided the trap, which is unusual for you. It's good to be careful, and I see you are working on your English. :)

The left can't afford any positive influence in this country anymore.

Since when is a sniper a positive influence?

A sniper killed JFK. Was he a positive influence?
Oswald wasn't a sniper. Don't put him in a class of heros.
Oswald was a shooter.

And movies that are meant to be a positive influence, meaning teach us a lesson on how to be good people are desirable. Instead Hollywood wants to focus on decadence in movies like "Wolves of Wallstreet". It's no small wonder that a movie that raises your spirits rather than trashes them always out-performs the latter.

Maybe they should try fact checking the movie, Selma or all of Mikey Moores crockumentarys he produced.

What makes you think you were correctly using the english language technique of hyperbole?

Hell, you can't even spell the word.. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

It was set to see how closely you were reading. You avoided the trap, which is unusual for you. It's good to be careful, and I see you are working on your English. :)

Sunni Man wrote, "Sure thing Fake Jake........ :eusa_liar:" and quoted only the following below, because he was owned above. Yet again.

JAKESTARKEY SAID: It was set to see how closely you were reading. You avoided the trap, which is unusual for you.

So sad, too bad, so had. Again.

You are concrete thinker, Sunni Man, that will never change.

Y'know, I'm against Bush's wars, but the hysteria against this movie is getting a little much.

More like hysteria FOR the movie. Fox and right wingers gave this movie millions in free advertisement portraying it as some sort of political statement. Without all that cheerleading, there would be nothing more than discussion expected from any other movie. The right caused all the scrutiny, so why are you whining when it happens?

Forum List

Back