Fact-checkers are taking aim at American Sniper

The film draws a direct link between the events of 9/11 and the war in Iraq, forgetting completely that the war in Iraq had nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11. Not one of the attackers that day was in any way connected to Iraq. Thus to connect 9/11 to Iraq is delusional

Kyle was a racist. And a sociopath. and a Liar. But, man, they made him look good, didn't they?
It is easy to talk trash about someone who is unable to defend himself.

It's easy to trash talk someone who put his racism, lies and sociopathy in printed form for everyone to see.

Now, if Eastwood had actually filmed the book Kyle had written, I don't think you'd have liked him so much.
Throughout history, soldiers always identified the enemy among themselves with some kind of epithet such as: Union soldiers were called "Bluebellies," Confederate soldiers were called "Rebs," in WW II the Germans were called "Krauts," the Japanese were called "Japs," in Korea and Vietnam the enemy was called "Gooks," we can go back to the era of Genghis Khan when the Tartars were called the "Dog Headed Tartars." Nowadays, in the war in the Middle East they are called "Ragheads." Does this make the soldiers racist or is it the fact that they face death every time when they face the enemy, therefore, they dislike the enemy? Maybe those who have never been soldiers, especially in war zone, can identify with the fear and dislike of death with sharks, crocodiles, alligators, venomous snakes or spiders. Maybe the same underlying factor causes some people to fear guns and want to ban gun ownership.
Iraqis are not my enemy...they never were...I never bought into that lying bull shit you all feasted on and continue to feast on..
I did not even hint that I agreed with the Iraq War. So do not spin into that direction because I won't bite on that lure. I have never agreed to tip the balance of the region by taking Hussein out.
but if you do not agree with the war then what was Kyle doing shooting up Iraqi citizens in their own country...the violence suffered by our own soldiers could have been avoided if we simply hadn’t started the war to begin with.

That's because fox gave the movie millions of dollars worth of free advertising. If that wouldn't have happened, there wouldn't be such a discussion now.

How naive, when the movie is exceeding $200 million at the box office. If it were a movie like oh, Selma, being fact checked, we wouldn't be having this discussion either. In fact, you would be having the same reaction these conservatives are. All of these "based on a true story" movies are bastardized in some way by Hollywood. They are never exactly true to the events they depict.
But Hannity has spent lots of on air hours claiming it was true to the events.
Link please

It is easy to talk trash about someone who is unable to defend himself.

It's easy to trash talk someone who put his racism, lies and sociopathy in printed form for everyone to see.

Now, if Eastwood had actually filmed the book Kyle had written, I don't think you'd have liked him so much.
Throughout history, soldiers always identified the enemy among themselves with some kind of epithet such as: Union soldiers were called "Bluebellies," Confederate soldiers were called "Rebs," in WW II the Germans were called "Krauts," the Japanese were called "Japs," in Korea and Vietnam the enemy was called "Gooks," we can go back to the era of Genghis Khan when the Tartars were called the "Dog Headed Tartars." Nowadays, in the war in the Middle East they are called "Ragheads." Does this make the soldiers racist or is it the fact that they face death every time when they face the enemy, therefore, they dislike the enemy? Maybe those who have never been soldiers, especially in war zone, can identify with the fear and dislike of death with sharks, crocodiles, alligators, venomous snakes or spiders. Maybe the same underlying factor causes some people to fear guns and want to ban gun ownership.
Iraqis are not my enemy...they never were...I never bought into that lying bull shit you all feasted on and continue to feast on..
I did not even hint that I agreed with the Iraq War. So do not spin into that direction because I won't bite on that lure. I have never agreed to tip the balance of the region by taking Hussein out.
but if you do not agree with the war then what was Kyle doing shooting up Iraqi citizens in their own country...the violence suffered by our own soldiers could have been avoided if we simply hadn’t started the war to begin with.
Kyle was following orders as a military person. Unfortunately, the war was approved by Congress. When the nation is at war based on Congressional approval, and since Congress consists of ELECTED Representatives and Senators the "Nation" decided the war. Whether we, individuals within the nation like it or not, against our convictions or not. It is the same as with many laws what are not agreeable with certain segments of the population, whatever those laws are, but deemed Constitutional by the Supreme Court.

Kyle was following orders as a military person. Unfortunately, the war was approved by Congress. When the nation is at war based on Congressional approval, and since Congress consists of ELECTED Representatives and Senators the "Nation" decided the war. Whether we, individuals within the nation like it or not, against our convictions or not. It is the same as with many laws what are not agreeable with certain segments of the population, whatever those laws are, but deemed Constitutional by the Supreme Court.
A man of courage does not follow illegal orders....I am a conscientious objector to following the dictates of fools

At Nuremberg it was established that following orders is a bogus defense for war crimes....

A man of courage does not follow illegal orders....I am a conscientious objector to following the dictates of fools

At Nuremberg it was established that following orders is a bogus defense for war crimes....
If you are conscientious objector then it is a different story. You wouldn't take anybody's life no matter what.

The movie industry has embraced the glorification of militarism and American violence practiced abroad as eagerly as professional sports or advertising.”

This is proof the left hates American soldiers
Its not the left placing American troops in harms way...its blow hard foreign policy that relies on violence supported by conservatives that hates our troops....That is why you all cheered Bush recklessness in Iraq...you hate the troops ...

what very few people know is that the Central Intelligence Agency has been actively engaged in shaping the content of film and television, especially since it established an entertainment industry liaison program in the mid-1990s.

The CIA in Hollywood offers the first full-scale investigation of the relationship between the Agency and the film and television industries. Tricia Jenkins draws on numerous interviews with the CIA’s public affairs staff, operations officers, and historians, as well as with Hollywood technical consultants, producers, and screenwriters who have… read more

- See more at: The CIA in Hollywood - University of Texas Press

Hey do you all consider the Iraqi sniper in the movie to be a hero...after all he was carrying out his patriotic duty to resist brutal murderous invaders of his country...he was saving the lives of his men...

That's because fox gave the movie millions of dollars worth of free advertising. If that wouldn't have happened, there wouldn't be such a discussion now.

How naive, when the movie is exceeding $200 million at the box office. If it were a movie like oh, Selma, being fact checked, we wouldn't be having this discussion either. In fact, you would be having the same reaction these conservatives are. All of these "based on a true story" movies are bastardized in some way by Hollywood. They are never exactly true to the events they depict.
But Hannity has spent lots of on air hours claiming it was true to the events.
Link please

Of course Hannity spent lots of time promoting the movie and claiming it was true.
Here is on example. You will have to find others for yourself.......there are plenty.

Actually, the term that he used was "Savages", when he was shooting women and children.

Actually, the term that he used was "Savages", when he was shooting women and children.
You have no valid argument. Parroting the same thing "women and children." The enemy used and still uses women and children for resupplying ammunition, explosives and IEDs. Also what is your problem with shooting at women in a combat area? Aren't males and females equal? Are you insinuating that women are lesser human beings than men? Are you a male chauvinist degrading women to second class or something? Women are great fighters with strong convictions. You would hide behind a woman's skirt for the slightest threat you faced and had no problem with it as I gather from your communications. He called them "savages" and rightly so if you pay attention to world news. Their kind just recently butchered 130+ school children in Pakistan, they recently killed 13 school aged children for the reason of watching a soccer game in Iraq, they just recently did the Paris massacre, recently killed two soldiers in Canada. They murder innocent unarmed people on a regular base. They beheaded two American citizens a few month back, just the other day a Japanese citizen and another one's fate was not known last time I had time to follow the news. Boko Haram in Nigeria kidnapped school girls raped them and sold them for prostitution and last year 10,000 people died horrible death by their hands. What do you call people who commit those atrocities? Kyle did what he had to do to save American, Allied and Iraqi lives.

Hey do you all consider the Iraqi sniper in the movie to be a hero...after all he was carrying out his patriotic duty to resist brutal murderous invaders of his country...he was saving the lives of his men...
Of course he is a hero. Times back fallen brave soldiers were honored by the enemy as it should be amongst professional soldiers.

You have no valid argument. Parroting the same thing "women and children." The enemy used and still uses women and children for resupplying ammunition, explosives and IEDs. Also what is your problem with shooting at women in a combat area? Aren't males and females equal? Are you insinuating that women are lesser human beings than men? Are you a male chauvinist degrading women to second class or something? Women are great fighters with strong convictions. You would hide behind a woman's skirt for the slightest threat you faced and had no problem with it as I gather from your communications.

Guy, unlike your pussy smack-talking Ass, I was an NCO in the United States Army. And, yes, I would really have problems shooting a woman. Because I'm not a sociopath. i would have a REAL problem shooting a kid.

And I would certainly have a problem with doing it because my President LIED to the nation about the reasons for going to War, which is exactly what Bush did.

He called them "savages" and rightly so if you pay attention to world news. Their kind just recently butchered 130+ school children in Pakistan, they recently killed 13 school aged children for the reason of watching a soccer game in Iraq, they just recently did the Paris massacre, recently killed two soldiers in Canada.

Okay, all those people who did bad things are not the people who Kyle the Liar shot. Muslims are not The Borg. They do not have a collective hive mind.

What do you call people who commit those atrocities? Kyle did what he had to do to save American, Allied and Iraqi lives.

Kyle wasn't fighting Boko Harem or the Taliban in Pakistan. He was fighting Iraqis who didn't want a foreign army in their country that routinely shot people in the street.

You do get this, right. We went into Iraq under false pretenses and fucked it up so badly the country was (and is) worse off for our being there?

You have no valid argument. Parroting the same thing "women and children." The enemy used and still uses women and children for resupplying ammunition, explosives and IEDs. Also what is your problem with shooting at women in a combat area? Aren't males and females equal? Are you insinuating that women are lesser human beings than men? Are you a male chauvinist degrading women to second class or something? Women are great fighters with strong convictions. You would hide behind a woman's skirt for the slightest threat you faced and had no problem with it as I gather from your communications. He called them "savages" and rightly so if you pay attention to world news. Their kind just recently butchered 130+ school children in Pakistan, they recently killed 13 school aged children for the reason of watching a soccer game in Iraq, they just recently did the Paris massacre, recently killed two soldiers in Canada. They murder innocent unarmed people on a regular base. They beheaded two American citizens a few month back, just the other day a Japanese citizen and another one's fate was not known last time I had time to follow the news. Boko Haram in Nigeria kidnapped school girls raped them and sold them for prostitution and last year 10,000 people died horrible death by their hands. What do you call people who commit those atrocities? Kyle did what he had to do to save American, Allied and Iraqi lives.
You have no valid argument. Parroting the same thing "women and children." The enemy used and still uses women and children for resupplying ammunition, explosives and IEDs. Also what is your problem with shooting at women in a combat area? Aren't males and females equal? Are you insinuating that women are lesser human beings than men? Are you a male chauvinist degrading women to second class or something? Women are great fighters with strong convictions. You would hide behind a woman's skirt for the slightest threat you faced and had no problem with it as I gather from your communications.

Guy, unlike your pussy smack-talking Ass, I was an NCO in the United States Army. And, yes, I would really have problems shooting a woman. Because I'm not a sociopath. i would have a REAL problem shooting a kid.

And I would certainly have a problem with doing it because my President LIED to the nation about the reasons for going to War, which is exactly what Bush did.

He called them "savages" and rightly so if you pay attention to world news. Their kind just recently butchered 130+ school children in Pakistan, they recently killed 13 school aged children for the reason of watching a soccer game in Iraq, they just recently did the Paris massacre, recently killed two soldiers in Canada.

Okay, all those people who did bad things are not the people who Kyle the Liar shot. Muslims are not The Borg. They do not have a collective hive mind.

What do you call people who commit those atrocities? Kyle did what he had to do to save American, Allied and Iraqi lives.

Kyle wasn't fighting Boko Harem or the Taliban in Pakistan. He was fighting Iraqis who didn't want a foreign army in their country that routinely shot people in the street.

You do get this, right. We went into Iraq under false pretenses and fucked it up so badly the country was (and is) worse off for our being there?
Pull your panties out of the crack of your ass and quit crying. That is the characteristic of a State Side records clerk. It is not yours to decide what war you go to if you are a member of the Armed Forces. Congress sends you to war and you go and that's that.
I could understand your nut-less whining if you were conscripted and drafted to service BUT you chose to be a member of the US Military. You took the oath on your own volition then live with the consequences or leave the Armed Forces. You should have served under Gen. Patton in the 3rd Army in WW II. He would have slapped you around and kicked your ass up to the frontline personally right out of the cozy personnel records office somewhere in back country. He hated cowards coming up with every kind of excuses not do their duty to fight. So, just take your nuts out of your wife's purse, put them on and start behaving like an adult.

Pull your panties out of the crack of your ass and quit crying. That is the characteristic of a State Side records clerk. It is not yours to decide what war you go to if you are a member of the Armed Forces. Congress sends you to war and you go and that's that.

True enough. And I have a reasonable expectation if they send me to war, it's for a pretty good reason. Not so the Jews can play "God loves me the very best" and not because Exxon needs to make a profit. Those aren't good reasons. Going to war with Iraq for weapons that didn't exist is not a good reason.

I could understand your nut-less whining if you were conscripted and drafted to service BUT you chose to be a member of the US Military. You took the oath on your own volition then live with the consequences or leave the Armed Forces. You should have served under Gen. Patton in the 3rd Army in WW II. He would have slapped you around and kicked your ass up to the frontline personally right out of the cozy personnel records office somewhere in back country. He hated cowards coming up with every kind of excuses not do their duty to fight. So, just take your nuts out of your wife's purse, put them on and start behaving like an adult.

Except Patton was a racist and anti-semitic psychopath. In fact, he was kind of the Chris Kyle of WWII. He was a questionable character who looked a lot better when a sympathetic actor painted a smiley face on his dubious character.

The real Patton was relieved of command- twice- because he was kind of a nut.

Forum List

Back