Facebook Working with Law Enforcement to Ban 'Stop the Steal'

It's a privately owned company.
So was Parler.
Still is. What's your point? Free speech doesn't apply to private property. Even Parler has banned folks per it's ToS.
Parler has been obliterated. It no longer exists. Why couldn't they do as they wish as facebook does as it wishes.
Parler pretty much billed itself as a place where anything goes. Still do not understand why they thought the deplorables would behave themselves. The white supremacists ruin every public forum they set up camp in. Seems it's hard to be racist scumbag and not issue death threats.
I was a member of Parler, and saw nothing that you describe.
If anything it was mainly Fox news types, boomers and people who had been banned from other sites.
Were you a member?
Were you a member?
It's not like no one saw this coming a mile away. If you give the deplorables an inch they will take a mile. Half the boards like this one that ever existed died from extreme right wingers not being able to behave or extreme right wingers misusing their mod powers. No one wants to advertise on a board that tolerates hate speech.
And yet, you're still here. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?
I know how to behave myself. I do not feel deprived of my rights because I can't get away with making death threats.
"Stop the Steal" is a death threat?
It is now since a bunch of traitors with those words on their lips tried to violently overthrow the government.
Only a deluded moron would come up with a line of crap like that. You're fixing to get cancelled too.

Any normal mainstream person should not be using Twitter.
Twitter is for far left violent extremist like Antifa and BLM.
People who use Twitter should be scorned.

You weren't saying that when Trump was tweeting his ass off. Matter of fact, there were lots of right wing nutjobs who were cheering what Trump tweeted (some of them on USMB). Now that Twitter has banned Trump? You guys are saying that it's some kind of demon app and should be banned. Interesting how quickly you guys can turn on something when it goes against Trump. I've seen posts on here that have condemned Pence for not fixing the election (remember, there were also people at the Capitol riot who were calling for him to be hung), and I've recently seen a conservative poster on here who thinks the military supports China and Xi, just because they won't give him a ceremony. You Trump cultists need to take a vacation, clear your minds, and learn to not blindly follow some snake oil salesman.

So was Parler.
Still is. What's your point? Free speech doesn't apply to private property. Even Parler has banned folks per it's ToS.
Parler has been obliterated. It no longer exists. Why couldn't they do as they wish as facebook does as it wishes.
Parler pretty much billed itself as a place where anything goes. Still do not understand why they thought the deplorables would behave themselves. The white supremacists ruin every public forum they set up camp in. Seems it's hard to be racist scumbag and not issue death threats.
If anything it was mainly Fox news types, boomers and people who had been banned from other sites.
Were you a member?
Were you a member?
It's not like no one saw this coming a mile away. If you give the deplorables an inch they will take a mile. Half the boards like this one that ever existed died from extreme right wingers not being able to behave or extreme right wingers misusing their mod powers. No one wants to advertise on a board that tolerates hate speech.
I know how to behave myself. I do not feel deprived of my rights because I can't get away with making death threats.
You and your ilk proved that untrue for the past nine months as you've burned, looted, rioted and, yes, MURDERED numerous innocent civilians. You/DNC/BLM/Antifa murderous traitors to the US.
I didn't do any of that shit you silly person and even if I did how does that justify trying to violently overthrow the government?
You are more guilty of inciting sedition that Trump ever thought to be. LOL. Democrat shill. Cancelled.

So was Parler.
Were you a member?
Were you a member?
It is now since a bunch of traitors with those words on their lips tried to violently overthrow the government.
Only a deluded moron would come up with a line of crap like that. You're fixing to get cancelled too.
Carefully state what you mean by "cancelled".

Wrong again. Facebook, Inc. (FB) went public with its initial public offering (IPO) on May 18, 2012
Either you are misconstruing it or don't understand it. Private also means it's not publicly (as in by the government) owned. It's a private not public entity. Free speech does not apply private entities.
Only in your deluded mind. Ask that baker how well his first amendment rights stood up in court.

Let's stick to free speech and this situation. Should private companies be forced to allow any and all to use their property for any and all?

Any normal mainstream person should not be using Twitter.
Twitter is for far left violent extremist like Antifa and BLM.
People who use Twitter should be scorned.

You weren't saying that when Trump was tweeting his ass off. Matter of fact, there were lots of right wing nutjobs who were cheering what Trump tweeted (some of them on USMB). Now that Twitter has banned Trump? You guys are saying that it's some kind of demon app and should be banned. Interesting how quickly you guys can turn on something when it goes against Trump. I've seen posts on here that have condemned Pence for not fixing the election (remember, there were also people at the Capitol riot who were calling for him to be hung), and I've recently seen a conservative poster on here who thinks the military supports China and Xi, just because they won't give him a ceremony. You Trump cultists need to take a vacation, clear your minds, and learn to not blindly follow some snake oil salesman.
When they banned Trump--they effectively said they didn't support the first amendment. So, like you, they disenfranchised Americans. And don't go to that tired crap about inciting violence. He did no such thing, you are welcome to provide proof. Conversely, they didn't have any problem promoting this. Hypocrite.
democrat insurrectionists.jpg

So was Parler.
Were you a member?
Were you a member?
That's pretty convenient. No way in hell does that kind of stance ever get abused.

Why don't we just call it what it really is.?

That's censoring political speech with which you disagree.

Wrong again. Facebook, Inc. (FB) went public with its initial public offering (IPO) on May 18, 2012
Either you are misconstruing it or don't understand it. Private also means it's not publicly (as in by the government) owned. It's a private not public entity. Free speech does not apply private entities.
Only in your deluded mind. Ask that baker how well his first amendment rights stood up in court.

Let's stick to free speech and this situation. Should private companies be forced to allow any and all to use their property for any and all?
I agree that non-governmental companies should have autonomy--however, consistency must be exercised from one group to another. Trump was banned for non-violent tweets--Why weren't these banned as well?
democrat insurrectionists.jpg

Centrist Tim Pool now being censored by Facebook.
President of Iran still has his page untouched. Probably laughing at the state of the U.S, as it slips into Stalinism.
And again – And?

Private companies are at liberty to be as capricious and inconsistent with their content as they see fit.

Don’t like it? Don’t participate.

But however capricious and inconsistent, no free speech is being ‘violated,’ no one is being ‘silenced,’ nothing is being ‘censored,’ and conservatives are not being ‘disadvantaged’ by social media.

So was Parler.
Were you a member?
Were you a member?
That's pretty convenient. No way in hell does that kind of stance ever get abused.

You still don't see that the right stepped over the line do you?

At least you and others on the right are consistent at being wrong.

Private as in private sector – not government, which is the public sector.

And because social media are not government, they’re not subject to the First Amendment.

President of Iran still has his page untouched. Probably laughing at the state of the U.S, as it slips into Stalinism.
And again – And?

Private companies are at liberty to be as capricious and inconsistent with their content as they see fit.

But however capricious and inconsistent, no free speech is being ‘violated,’ no one is being ‘silenced,’ nothing is being ‘censored,’ and conservatives are not being ‘disadvantaged’ by social media. Morons.
SCOTUS would disagree with you as a PRIVATE cake baker can attest. And, yes, banning someone from posting on a social media site is "silencing, censoring and disenfranchising by definition in ANY English dictionary.

The riot at the U.S. Capitol prompted swift action against self-described free speech site Parler for allegedly failing to moderate violent rhetoric, but Facebook searches turned up posts "promoting" the Jan. 6 rally with the hashtags #StopTheSteal, #FightForTrump, #WildProtest and #DoNotCertify as recently as Monday, The Washington Post reported.

Fuck Facebook. Defund Facebook. In fact, get rid of social media altogether. Fake reality begets fake reality, you superficial tards. This is why were seeing sharp rises in mental illness in RL. Your digital toys need to go back in the box. You've abused your priveleges, US of A.

So was Parler.
Were you a member?
Were you a member?

You still don't see that the right stepped over the line do you?
You still don't see how, in your rage to try to control/criminalize/censor anything that can be somehow remotely tied to something that might me close to another thing that is criminal activity, you're stepping on your own dick.

I can't wait to for you to get a taste of your own lack of foresight.

So was Parler.

Anti trust does.
And yet again – And?

Anti-trust has nothing to do with the doctrine of free speech, has nothing to do with the First Amendment, and nothing to do with private social media being at liberty to edit their content as they see fit.

Last, the hypocrisy of conservatives is noted – now all of a sudden rightists are advocates of anti-trust legislation.

At least you and others on the right are consistent at being wrong.

Private as in private sector – not government, which is the public sector.

And because social media are not government, they’re not subject to the First Amendment.
You are stupider than Coyote, because you tried to steal her response. Take a look at her post--she said "PRIVATELY OWNED" FB IS NOT PRIVATELY OWNED--IT IS PUBLICLY OWNED, TRADED ON THE STOCK EXCHANGE. Keep reaching up your ass and you might find a valid response, but I doubt it.

I find it really interesting that there are a lot of people bitching about Facebook and other social media sites for censoring free speech. Think about this for a bit...................USMB (the boards we currently post on), is a social media site, and it has rules for what you can and cannot post on here. Calling out someone's family and insulting them is pretty much frowned upon, and can result in a person being banned for a while, or, if they do it too much or are too extreme, they can be banned from this site forever. If USMB has the right to ban or edit posts by people on here, why in the hell can't Facebook or Twitter? Both of those are private boards (meaning they aren't government owned), just like USMB, and yet you are okay with the moderators curbing some of the more inflammatory speech on here (I've seen where people have been reported as well), yet you deny the same rights to Facebook? Hypocrite much y'all?

And again – And?

But however capricious and inconsistent, no free speech is being ‘violated,’ no one is being ‘silenced,’ nothing is being ‘censored,’ and conservatives are not being ‘disadvantaged’ by social media. Morons.
SCOTUS would disagree with you as a PRIVATE cake baker can attest. And, yes, banning someone from posting on a social media site is "silencing, censoring and disenfranchising by definition in ANY English dictionary.
I don't remeber anyone except the Islamic terrorists getting upset when their violent rhetoric got banned off every platform in the world. Was that censorship?

Forum List

Back