Facebook will help military veterans become AR and VR engineers

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
dims

I knew that VR stands for Virtual Reality. But AR has me baffled.

Facebook has launched a new resource hub to help veterans and serving members of the military improve their digital literacy and find new employment opportunities. As part of the venture -- undertaken in partnership with mentoring organization SCORE -- Facebook will be launching a 12-month career development program focused on AR and VR engineering, aimed at veterans with backgrounds in electrical and mechanical engineering, and computer science.

I wonder if it’s their attempt to fend of attacks against its so-called censorship?

More @ Facebook will help military veterans become AR and VR engineers

dims

I knew that VR stands for Virtual Reality. But AR has me baffled.

Facebook has launched a new resource hub to help veterans and serving members of the military improve their digital literacy and find new employment opportunities. As part of the venture -- undertaken in partnership with mentoring organization SCORE -- Facebook will be launching a 12-month career development program focused on AR and VR engineering, aimed at veterans with backgrounds in electrical and mechanical engineering, and computer science.

I wonder if it’s their attempt to fend of attacks against its so-called censorship?

More @ Facebook will help military veterans become AR and VR engineers

Augmented Reality - AR is the most important technological advancement of the last 50 years. This is going to revolutionize every aspect of manufacturing and engineering. Microsoft Hololens will have a greater impact on society than the iPhone did. The ability to design and manufacture from 3D models in real space means that the guess work is gone, complex engineering aspects can be visualized and acted on instantly.

One of the benefits of Military service is the G.I. bill that offers Veterans real education benefits. How does that coincide with "Facebook Resources? Can you get a degree in Facebook U?

One of the benefits of Military service is the G.I. bill that offers Veterans real education benefits. How does that coincide with "Facebook Resources? Can you get a degree in Facebook U?

My understanding is that these are not skills that need to be earned with college courses or degrees.

Forum List

Back