Facebook Upholds Trump Ban

ask you like i asked oldlady. How did he try to overthrow our constitutional republic?
Yes, because you want to waste my time, get some attention, and shit on something.
So you have nothing. Should have done what oldlady did and not responded :lol:
I was hoping OL just stepped away because I wrote a post in this thread and awaiting a reply as well. I guess real life includes other things than politics! I am going to have to sit down after that eye-opening revelation....;P

As an outsider looking in who...has recently been calling people out more lol good grief but I enjoy it when it's well deserved...so human I am. So, to keep my err.. new quality going, Fort Fun...you are giving Fort Wayne a bad name...just wanted to mention that lol

The independent Advisory Board has determined that Facebook's decision to ban Donald Trump was legit. However, it asked for more transparency and clearer rules, and said FB should not "indefinitely" suspend members without an established length of time.
That's a contradiction of terms. Indefinite means not defined.

Related to a time span, it means the length of it is not defined. Setting a start time and an end time defines it completely. It therefore cannot be "indefinite".

To say that someone IS suspended means the period of suspension has already started. To say that it a person is indefinitely suspended means that no end time has been set. To set an end time means the suspension is not

Seriously, what are you getting at? Are you just pointing out that Facebook doesn't support free speech? OK. I agree. But they're not silencing Trump. They're just refusing to be his megaphone.

But probably 98% of all social media go through FB and Twitter. If you own the megaphone company and take away the megaphone from those you don't like, you are effectively silencing someone.

People who don't tolerate differences in opinion probably shouldn't get into the social media business.

Pretty sad really that in this country, you can't descent from baking a bake in your own business even if the cake message violates your religious standards, under punishment of law but you can treat your own POTUS like a piece of crap and deplatform him from expressing his opinion on something you can't even prove he is wrong about.

Personally I don't care if they ban Trump. As it stands DeSantis may be the one to vote for in 2024.
The issue isn't really Trump, per se.

The issue is the snot-nosed litte bolsheviks thinking they can just dictate what people say.

If you really pay attention to the most vocal of the brown-shirts, they don't care about Trump. All they care about is silencing ayone else who doesn't march lock-step with their Marxist wet dreams.

Thankfully, they're mental midgets and rather easily demonstrated to be so o nthe public stage.

I entirely agree with you. I used to believe that free speech could not be silenced in the US as it is in so many other countries - I was wrong.

The left believes that silencing Trump is some kind of victory. My comment was meant to simply state that many people are looking for a candidate that will put America first, whether it's Trump or DeSantis or someone else willing to work for Americans, because policies are important, not personalities.

No one is silencing Trump. They're just refusing to be his megaphone.
and thats what makes it a fascist act,,

supporting free speech is about the speech you disagree with,,,

Ok. No one is silencing Trump. They're just refusing to be his megaphone.
and thats what makes it a fascist act,, supporting free speech is about speech you disagree with,,,
and thats what makes it a fascist act,, supporting free speech is about speech you disagree with,,,
Yeah. That has nothing, at all, to do with my post - the one you were responding to. It's irrelevant. The claim was made that Trump is being silenced. He's not.

We've really got to get over this idiotic notion that if someone doesn't do what you want, they're violating your rights. Liberals have been spinning the horseshit for years. And now, Trumpsters are buying.
supporting free speech is about speech you disagree with,,,
So what?
Seriously, what are you getting at? Are you just pointing out that Facebook doesn't support free speech? OK. I agree. But they're not silencing Trump. They're just refusing to be his megaphone.

The independent Advisory Board has determined that Facebook's decision to ban Donald Trump was legit. However, it asked for more transparency and clearer rules, and said FB should not "indefinitely" suspend members without an established length of time.

The board announced Wednesday morning that Facebook needed to decide within six months how long Trump’s suspension would last, or if it would be permanent.

The Advisory Board is definitely not a rubber stamp, either. It suggested some changes many of us felt were in order for a long time:

The initial round of decisions — which touched on alleged hate speech, coronavirus misinformation and references to dangerous organizations — signaled that the board would demand greater clarity from Facebook about its policies, as well as transparency. Before Wednesday’s decision, the board had overturned Facebook’s decisions six times, upheld them twice, and was unable to complete a ruling once.

Independent. Lol. Fuck facebook.

But probably 98% of all social media go through FB and Twitter. If you own the megaphone company and take away the megaphone from those you don't like, you are effectively silencing someone.

Facebook is not silencing Trump. I see his fucking name in the headlines every single day.

Pretty sad really that in this country, you can't descent from baking a bake in your own business even if the cake message violates your religious standards, under punishment of law but you can treat your own POTUS like a piece of crap and deplatform him from expressing his opinion on something you can't even prove he is wrong about.

What was your view on the bake the cake thing? Because it IS exactly the same issue. Should the baker have been forced to bake the cake? Should Facebook before forced to provide Trump with a platform?

Anything that makes it harder for the forces of hate is good news.

BlueHand.jpg
AS SPOKEN BY THE PRESIDENT OF HATE FORCE CLUB

Personally I don't care if they ban Trump. As it stands DeSantis may be the one to vote for in 2024.

The issue is the snot-nosed litte bolsheviks thinking they can just dictate what people say.

If you really pay attention to the most vocal of the brown-shirts, they don't care about Trump. All they care about is silencing ayone else who doesn't march lock-step with their Marxist wet dreams.

Thankfully, they're mental midgets and rather easily demonstrated to be so o nthe public stage.

I entirely agree with you. I used to believe that free speech could not be silenced in the US as it is in so many other countries - I was wrong.

The left believes that silencing Trump is some kind of victory. My comment was meant to simply state that many people are looking for a candidate that will put America first, whether it's Trump or DeSantis or someone else willing to work for Americans, because policies are important, not personalities.

Yeah. That has nothing, at all, to do with my post - the one you were responding to. It's irrelevant. The claim was made that Trump is being silenced. He's not.

We've really got to get over this idiotic notion that if someone doesn't do what you want, they're violating your rights. Liberals have been spinning the horseshit for years. And now, Trumpsters are buying.
So what?
So, you got nuthin. That's fine. It's what I figured.

So what?
Considering there are recent changes to this board that are messing things up during posting, I am sorry for my impatience OL if you've been trying to post without luck! I just saw a post "by you" with no new content. The same thing has happened more than once to me while trying to post earlier, I gave up on one thread. Mods have no fault in it but might be tired of deleted posts due to errors today.

ask you like i asked oldlady. How did he try to overthrow our constitutional republic?
Yes, because you want to waste my time, get some attention, and shit on something.
So you have nothing. Should have done what oldlady did and not responded :lol:
I was hoping OL just stepped away because I wrote a post in this thread and awaiting a reply as well. I guess real life includes other things than politics! I am going to have to sit down after that eye-opening revelation....;P

As an outsider looking in who...has recently been calling people out more lol good grief but I enjoy it when it's well deserved...so human I am. So, to keep my err.. new quality going, Fort Fun...you are giving Fort Wayne a bad name...just wanted to mention that lol
Lol
E0o553hXsAAkcim.jpg

This could be the issue that will have the greatest impact on America's future. Trump is being rejected and is without a soapbox from which to peddle his lies.

A wise decision by Facebook in being able to separate hate speech from the right to free speech.

This could be the issue that will have the greatest impact on America's future. Trump is being rejected and is without a soapbox from which to peddle his lies.

A wise decision by Facebook in being able to separate hate speech from the right to free speech.

Trump is silenced and ALL OF HIS FOLLOWERS WHO SPEAK THE SAME MESSAGE ARE SILENCED
Then I guess your post is just a figment of my imagination.
We are talking about FACEBOOK. Try to keep up

Trump is silenced and ALL OF HIS FOLLOWERS WHO SPEAK THE SAME MESSAGE ARE SILENCED

You claim was "Trump is silenced and ALL OF HIS FOLLOWERS WHO SPEAK THE SAME MESSAGE ARE SILENCED".

Which is obviously untrue, proven by the fact that you are posting in this thread.

You claim was "Trump is silenced and ALL OF HIS FOLLOWERS WHO SPEAK THE SAME MESSAGE ARE SILENCED".

Which is obviously untrue, proven by the fact that you are posting in this thread.
youre being dishonest about the context,,

When a Leftist can't beat you in an argument or a race, they try to silence you and break your legs.
Trump hasn't been silenced.

He has on Facebook and Twitter where 99% of all those go to read and talk. And beyond that, the Left have tried to bar him from ever even writing his memoirs or even getting the SS protection all presidents are accorded.

Forum List

Back