Facebook Upholds Trump Ban

This could be the issue that will have the greatest impact on America's future. Trump is being rejected and is without a soapbox from which to peddle his lies.

A wise decision by Facebook in being able to separate hate speech from the right to free speech.

supporting free speech is about speech you disagree with,,,
That exact concept: supporting free speech entails holding the door open for even the speech you personally disagree was hard for me to grasp a few years back. A KKK rally was going to be in an area where I had a trip planned. I squawked for days about how those losers would be there, almost enjoying my fury lol...well almost if it didn't involve such hate...but anyway..had someone point that out to me...point black "Hey, you say you support free speech so that means supporting the right of speech by all groups." The hard part is defining the line between free speech and hate speech. When exactly do words that contain fiery rhetoric turn into hateful rhetoric? That has yet to be ironed out obviously and maybe in another 10 to 20 years for the US, hard to measure.

The real problem is during political rallies you'll often have at least a small group of haters...full to their gills in hate...varying age groups, and they know little else. They will show off and one-up the others in rhetoric, try to incite a fire or do some type of damage. Stepping onto the next step of hate speech is to actively encourage others to target the homes and families of their "opposition". That is crossing the line, although the defense will insist it was strictly a matter of expressing free speech and things maybe, got out of hand but that no hate crimes were commited. Venomous hate speech cannot be left unchecked. Really, it's pretty sad to think the US needs to decide in 2021 what should have been cut and dry decades ago...surely the 60's gave cause for defining the two in clear terms. Here we are 60 years later still trying to figure that out.

theres no such thing as hate speech,,

They announced it this morning. trump can't go back to Facebook.

They have the right to decide who can be on their site. trump violated the rules over and over again. He made very bad choices so he should take personal responsibility, bad consequences comes with bad choices. He should have been taught that as a child.

Good, this will hurt Facebook. Im surprised they were dumb enough to do it, but you lefties are as dumb as they get.
Yeah, how dare a private firm decide what's in their best interest. Private enterprise...bah humbug.
Where was that attitude when the Chritian bakers were being demonized by the left for not making a gay cake?
Another moron with the exact same question. LOL.

Here cut/paste...

You don't like the law that bans bakeries from discriminating against a group of citizens? What part of the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution don't you get? And no...banning Rump isn't discrimination. Look up the term.

Right-wingers are so funny. They scream night and day that they love the Constitution and the laws of the land until it goes against them! LOL
Im an atheist, so i didnt side with the bakers. Im not a hypocrite, but YOU are. YOUR beliefs changed based on who was involved.

They have the right to decide who can be on their site. trump violated the rules over and over again. He made very bad choices so he should take personal responsibility, bad consequences comes with bad choices. He should have been taught that as a child.

Good, this will hurt Facebook. Im surprised they were dumb enough to do it, but you lefties are as dumb as they get.
Yeah, how dare a private firm decide what's in their best interest. Private enterprise...bah humbug.

I guess that doesn't apply to bakeries though if they happen to be Christian. And I never knew a business where it was "in their interest" to ban millions of accounts from speaking an opinion in a free society-- -- -- especially one that not one of them can prove is wrong.
You don't like that the law that bans bakeries from discriminating against a group of citizens? What part of the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution don't you get? And no...banning Rump isn't discrimination. Look up the term.

Right-wingers are so funny. They scream night and day that they love the Constitution and the laws of the land until it goes against them! LOL
It wasn't against the law for CITIZENS (key word) to not want to conduct their private property as they see fit.
In fact, PA laws trample on several constitutional rights for CITIZENS (again, key word)
Do you understand now?
facebook isnt private property,, its a public accommodation,,,

I guess that doesn't apply to bakeries though if they happen to be Christian. And I never knew a business where it was "in their interest" to ban millions of accounts from speaking an opinion in a free society-- -- -- especially one that not one of them can prove is wrong.
You don't like that the law that bans bakeries from discriminating against a group of citizens? What part of the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution don't you get? And no...banning Rump isn't discrimination. Look up the term.

they didnt discriminate against them,, they chose to not participate in their religious ceremony,,
That constitutes discrimination. Hence the reason why the case in the Supreme Cort squeaked by. Here was the ruling:

"The court reversed the Masterpiece Cakeshop decision based on concerns unique to the case but reaffirmed its longstanding rule that states can prevent the harms of discrimination in the marketplace, including against LGBT people."

It wasn't against the law for CITIZENS (key word) to not want to conduct their private property as they see fit.
In fact, PA laws trample on several constitutional rights for CITIZENS (again, key word)
Do you understand now?
Whats the difference

99%??? Gimme a break. That's utter bullshit.
It's a guess. What difference does it make if it is 92%?

You're right. It doesn't matter. It still doesn't justify government coercion.
Well, you know, that's a thing. If people don't like you, they don't have to put up with your bullshit. That's how it goes.

Is it? I always thought freedom of speech and difference of opinion was how it "went" with America?

Well, you thought wrong. Freedom of speech means that the government can't control speech. It doesn't mean other people have to put up with you, or listen to what you have to say.
YOU TALK LIKE A FUCKING COMMUNIST

How so?

Do you understand now?
Whats the difference
my house is private property,, facebook is open to the public my house isnt,,

Personally I don't care if they ban Trump. As it stands DeSantis may be the one to vote for in 2024.
The issue isn't really Trump, per se.

The issue is the snot-nosed litte bolsheviks thinking they can just dictate what people say.

If you really pay attention to the most vocal of the brown-shirts, they don't care about Trump. All they care about is silencing ayone else who doesn't march lock-step with their Marxist wet dreams.

Thankfully, they're mental midgets and rather easily demonstrated to be so o nthe public stage.

I entirely agree with you. I used to believe that free speech could not be silenced in the US as it is in so many other countries - I was wrong.

The left believes that silencing Trump is some kind of victory. My comment was meant to simply state that many people are looking for a candidate that will put America first, whether it's Trump or DeSantis or someone else willing to work for Americans, because policies are important, not personalities.

No one is silencing Trump. They're just refusing to be his megaphone.
Trump is silenced and ALL OF HIS FOLLOWERS WHO SPEAK THE SAME MESSAGE ARE SILENCED
Then I guess your post is just a figment of my imagination.
We are talking about FACEBOOK. Try to keep up

You claim was "Trump is silenced and ALL OF HIS FOLLOWERS WHO SPEAK THE SAME MESSAGE ARE SILENCED".

Which is obviously untrue, proven by the fact that you are posting in this thread.
youre being dishonest about the context,,
How so?
see post #180,,

And..... nothin'.

You're as bad as the liberals who want everything handed to them. We've given up on liberty and individual rights, traded them in for "free shit".

dblack, you just happened to circle back there with an important piece of this discussion, that nothing in life is really free, including free services. I guess FB could have mentioned that to its users around time of inception, however, a business mogul apparently advised, "Conduct business as usual with paid advertisers, in addition sell the personal info of the users to various 3-parties, higest bidders welcome to maximize profits..but let's not really be loud about that last part...as a matter of fact let's just see how it goes for a few years under the radar. Nice. I like when people are honest, and that includes corp heads, boards, etc. Dishonest types deserve little.

Do you understand now?
Whats the difference
Keep repeating that totalitarian rhetoric, mr.constitution :lol:

Do you understand now?
Whats the difference
Public accommodations. ie a horseshit excuse for government encroachment.

Do you understand now?
Whats the difference
youre gonna have to do better than that,,

Do you understand now?
Whats the difference
Public accommodations. ie a horseshit excuse for government intervention.
well corps. are a creation of government,,

ask you like i asked oldlady. How did he try to overthrow our constitutional republic?
Yes, because you want to waste my time, get some attention, and shit on something.
So you have nothing. Should have done what oldlady did and not responded :lol:
I was hoping OL just stepped away because I wrote a post in this thread and awaiting a reply as well. I guess real life includes other things than politics! I am going to have to sit down after that eye-opening revelation....;P

As an outsider looking in who...has recently been calling people out more lol good grief but I enjoy it when it's well deserved...so human I am. So, to keep my err.. new quality going, Fort Fun...you are giving Fort Wayne a bad name...just wanted to mention that lol
Yes, I did have to step away for awhile, but the reason I'm not answering TN is because (1) he knows the answer, and (2) I pretty much answered it already in post

How will it hurt Facebook? Sounds like they will be a better place now.
Like i told Oldlady, the moment the GP takes control of congress, Facebook is fucked. Their political bias is impossible to cover up anymore and it will cost them, bigly.

They're allowed to be biased.

Do you understand now?
Whats the difference
Why? Thats just some bullshit the tyrants created to justify their intervention into the private sector.
And here you are regurgitating it.
Mr. Constitution :lol:

Do you understand now?
Whats the difference
Public accommodations. ie a horseshit excuse for government intervention.
well corps. are a creation of government,,

Yes, yes. "You didn't build that". We all owe our left nut to the government. Sorry, no.

ask you like i asked oldlady. How did he try to overthrow our constitutional republic?
Yes, because you want to waste my time, get some attention, and shit on something.
So you have nothing. Should have done what oldlady did and not responded :lol:
I was hoping OL just stepped away because I wrote a post in this thread and awaiting a reply as well. I guess real life includes other things than politics! I am going to have to sit down after that eye-opening revelation....;P

As an outsider looking in who...has recently been calling people out more lol good grief but I enjoy it when it's well deserved...so human I am. So, to keep my err.. new quality going, Fort Fun...you are giving Fort Wayne a bad name...just wanted to mention that lol
Yes, I did have to step away for awhile, but the reason I'm not answering TN is because (1) he knows the answer, and (2) I pretty much answered it already in post

How will it hurt Facebook? Sounds like they will be a better place now.
Like i told Oldlady, the moment the GP takes control of congress, Facebook is fucked. Their political bias is impossible to cover up anymore and it will cost them, bigly.

They're allowed to be biased.
I do not know. Please tell me how he tried to overthrow the govt :lol:

Do you understand now?
Whats the difference
Why? Thats just some bullshit the tyrants created to justify their intervention into the private sector.
And here you are regurgitating it.
Mr. Constitution :lol:
that doesnt debunk my claim,,,

Forum List

Back