Facebook Upholds Trump Ban

The independent Advisory Board has determined that Facebook's decision to ban Donald Trump permanently was legit. However, it asked for more transparency and clearer rules, and said FB should not "indefinitely" suspend members without an established length of time.

Now they've got their specifics. The ban is forever.

The Advisory Board is definitely not a rubber stamp, either. It suggested some changes many of us felt were in order for a long time:

The initial round of decisions — which touched on alleged hate speech, coronavirus misinformation and references to dangerous organizations — signaled that the board would demand greater clarity from Facebook about its policies, as well as transparency. Before Wednesday’s decision, the board had overturned Facebook’s decisions six times, upheld them twice, and was unable to complete a ruling once.
you may want to reread the article,,
You're right.
facebook "rules" LOL
Could have picked a better word. Rules are to be followed. They are fffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from consistent.
It's the same problem on all social media platforms. A lot of the rules are general, for the most part, and open to individual interpretation. Having a review board that holds their feet to the fire is a good thing.
Its a joke OL. Social media goes crazy over trump but are OK with terrorists, extremists etc having accounts.
The man that has killed more people in terror attacks in the last 10 years posts with immunity. Even speaks of genocide. No one bats a eye.
And you want to let people keep flapping their gums over bullshit lies until the same thing happens here? Fascism isn't okay in my book. TN.
fascism is restricting speech you dont agree with,, now tell me whos doing that??
They sure haven't restricted the likes of you, have they?
The independent Advisory Board has determined that Facebook's decision to ban Donald Trump was legit. However, it asked for more transparency and clearer rules, and said FB should not "indefinitely" suspend members without an established length of time.

The board announced Wednesday morning that Facebook needed to decide within six months how long Trump’s suspension would last, or if it would be permanent.

The Advisory Board is definitely not a rubber stamp, either. It suggested some changes many of us felt were in order for a long time:

The initial round of decisions — which touched on alleged hate speech, coronavirus misinformation and references to dangerous organizations — signaled that the board would demand greater clarity from Facebook about its policies, as well as transparency. Before Wednesday’s decision, the board had overturned Facebook’s decisions six times, upheld them twice, and was unable to complete a ruling once.

I guess Facebook perma-banned Lebron James for inciting violence against cops.

Oops, they didn't? :lol: Nobody trusts or believes these hypocritical clowns. It's all complete bullshit.
James took that post down and apologized for it. That's all T**** had to do. But he wasn't about to shut his fat yap about having the election stolen. He'd been warned over and over. It was his choice.
youre dodging the fact that its only dems trying to silence anyone,, the rest of us want you to keep talking to expose your true colors like you just did,,
I'm not dodging anything; you're making shit up.

Old Lady, you're cool. I have no problem with you whatsoever. You like this Facebook decision because you hate Trump. That's fine, you don't have to like him.

But to say that Facebook is fair or evenhanded in who they choose to censor and ban is a little ridiculous. They are a fucking joke, and censorship is deeply unAmerican.
That's why I think the review board's findings were good ones. It should be fair and even handed. Sure I'm glad he got shut up. But that's not why I agree with this decision. I think it was important to national security.

Wonder how you get on Facebook's " impartial" review board? :lol: is Zuckerburg's Mom one of the board members?

Pretty sure Don Jr. won't be on it, or probably anyone who ever voted for Trump. But I suppose it gives Facebook a tiny fig leaf and allows the media to tell the lie. Because in the end, the lie is all that matters. :D

The independent Advisory Board has determined that Facebook's decision to ban Donald Trump permanently was legit. However, it asked for more transparency and clearer rules, and said FB should not "indefinitely" suspend members without an established length of time.

You're right.
facebook "rules" LOL
Could have picked a better word. Rules are to be followed. They are fffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from consistent.
It's the same problem on all social media platforms. A lot of the rules are general, for the most part, and open to individual interpretation. Having a review board that holds their feet to the fire is a good thing.
Its a joke OL. Social media goes crazy over trump but are OK with terrorists, extremists etc having accounts.
The man that has killed more people in terror attacks in the last 10 years posts with immunity. Even speaks of genocide. No one bats a eye.
And you want to let people keep flapping their gums over bullshit lies until the same thing happens here? Fascism isn't okay in my book. TN.
fascism is restricting speech you dont agree with,, now tell me whos doing that??
You can keep saying that, but I'll just refer you back to post 39.
you can refer all you want,, the fact remains its fascist to silence speech you disagree with and its only dems trying to do that,,,
Really? Try following the news. Murkowski. Sasse. Cheney. Everyone who won't kiss Trump's ass is on the line. You people won't even watch normal news, for chrissakes, because it might say something you don't want to hear. What did they chant about the MSM at Trump's rallies? LOCK THEM UP!

You're right.
facebook "rules" LOL
The independent Advisory Board has determined that Facebook's decision to ban Donald Trump was legit. However, it asked for more transparency and clearer rules, and said FB should not "indefinitely" suspend members without an established length of time.

The board announced Wednesday morning that Facebook needed to decide within six months how long Trump’s suspension would last, or if it would be permanent.

Oops, they didn't? :lol: Nobody trusts or believes these hypocritical clowns. It's all complete bullshit.
James took that post down and apologized for it. That's all T**** had to do. But he wasn't about to shut his fat yap about having the election stolen. He'd been warned over and over. It was his choice.
youre dodging the fact that its only dems trying to silence anyone,, the rest of us want you to keep talking to expose your true colors like you just did,,

Old Lady, you're cool. I have no problem with you whatsoever. You like this Facebook decision because you hate Trump. That's fine, you don't have to like him.

But to say that Facebook is fair or evenhanded in who they choose to censor and ban is a little ridiculous. They are a fucking joke, and censorship is deeply unAmerican.
That's why I think the review board's findings were good ones. It should be fair and even handed. Sure I'm glad he got shut up. But that's not why I agree with this decision. I think it was important to national security.

Wonder how you get on Facebook's " impartial" review board? :lol: is Zuckerburg's Mom one of the board members?

Pretty sure Don Jr. won't be on it, or probably anyone who ever voted for Trump. But I suppose it gives Facebook a tiny fig leaf and allows the media to tell the lie. Because in the end, the lie is all that matters. :D
From the article it sounds like it was an international group. I don't know. But as you can see, in their decisions so far, they have disagreed with FB's decisions twice as often as they've agreed. So I doubt if his mom was on it.

You're right.
facebook "rules" LOL
you can refer all you want,, the fact remains its fascist to silence speech you disagree with and its only dems trying to do that,,,

Ahhhh, the invisible hand of the marketplace....Capitalism reigns supreme...except when it doesn't like you. Then it is being unfair, a commie plot or worse, and needs to be squelched. Like what? Like free speech in classrooms across the nation. Don't like Facebook telling you you are persona non grata? Start your own! Capitalism, remember? Your cure-all for what ails the nation (except that it isn't). Boo Hoo.

A good and sound decision! There was really no possibility that Trump would have abused his rights had he been allowed to come back unrepentant.

If he shows 'any' indication that he's willing to stop telling the big lie, the decision can be revisited.

The punishment handed out to Trump is consistent to Facebook's pollicy for all. Conspicuous in that China's Xi and Russia's Putin would be held to the same standard if either of them became similar abusers of their rights.

That's a contradiction of terms. Indefinite means not defined.

Related to a time span, it means the length of it is not defined. Setting a start time and an end time defines it completely. It therefore cannot be "indefinite".

To say that someone IS suspended means the period of suspension has already started. To say that it a person is indefinitely suspended means that no end time has been set. To set an end time means the suspension is not indefinite.

They announced it this morning. trump can't go back to Facebook.

They have the right to decide who can be on their site. trump violated the rules over and over again. He made very bad choices so he should take personal responsibility, bad consequences comes with bad choices. He should have been taught that as a child.

Good, this will hurt Facebook. Im surprised they were dumb enough to do it, but you lefties are as dumb as they get.
Facebook and Twitter are both UP; the ban has been in place 4 months and doesn't seem to have hurt them yet. The world does not revolve around T****.
Are you under the impression that the GOP wont light them on fire the very next time they own congress? You are a fool if you think Social media doesnt have a reckoning coming at some point in the near future.
It should. But it shouldn't come from either political party. You see what happens when political minds try to control it?
Politicals minds DO control it, hard core left wing minds in fact, for now.
Show me where the Dems in Congress had anything to do with the decision.
I didnt say dems in Congress were controlling it. It's radical left wingers who control those companies, and the moment the GOP takes control of Congress, they are fucked.

They have the right to decide who can be on their site. trump violated the rules over and over again. He made very bad choices so he should take personal responsibility, bad consequences comes with bad choices. He should have been taught that as a child.

Good, this will hurt Facebook. Im surprised they were dumb enough to do it, but you lefties are as dumb as they get.
How will it hurt Facebook? Sounds like they will be a better place now.

Facebook and Twitter are both UP; the ban has been in place 4 months and doesn't seem to have hurt them yet. The world does not revolve around T****.
Are you under the impression that the GOP wont light them on fire the very next time they own congress? You are a fool if you think Social media doesnt have a reckoning coming at some point in the near future.
It should. But it shouldn't come from either political party. You see what happens when political minds try to control it?
Politicals minds DO control it, hard core left wing minds in fact, for now.
Show me where the Dems in Congress had anything to do with the decision.
I didnt say dems in Congress were controlling it. It's radical left wingers who control those companies, and the moment the GOP takes control of Congress, they are fucked.

well - it seems that radical CONservative companies like hobby lobby & the CO bakery aren't the only ones that get the perk of self determination.

How will it hurt Facebook? Sounds like they will be a better place now.
Like i told Oldlady, the moment the GP takes control of congress, Facebook is fucked. Their political bias is impossible to cover up anymore and it will cost them, bigly.

Fools names and fools faces
Are often found in Facebook places
One way to eschew their disgraces:
Avoid all Facebook's truthless spaces

facebook banned me for saying putin looked like a monkey! Can you believe that shit?

You're right.
facebook "rules" LOL
I want to assume you posted that mega irony on purpose.
And you completely ignored my point.
I don't know what to say about your point. But there was no irony in my post at all. What Trump tried to do was overthrow a free and fair election to remain in power illegally, and that, friend, is fascism.
How did he try to overthrow an election?
Of course you dont. Because it is, what it is. Agreeing with it would make your outlook seem contradictory.

You're right.
facebook "rules" LOL
Really? Try following the news. Murkowski. Sasse. Cheney. Everyone who won't kiss Trump's ass is on the line. You people won't even watch normal news, for chrissakes, because it might say something you don't want to hear. What did they chant about the MSM at Trump's rallies? LOCK THEM UP!
youre delusional,, and also a typical fascist,, always blaming the other guys when youre the one trying to silence people,,

You're right.
facebook "rules" LOL

Ahhhh, the invisible hand of the marketplace....Capitalism reigns supreme...except when it doesn't like you. Then it is being unfair, a commie plot or worse, and needs to be squelched. Like what? Like free speech in classrooms across the nation. Don't like Facebook telling you you are persona non grata? Start your own! Capitalism, remember? Your cure-all for what ails the nation (except that it isn't). Boo Hoo.
its dems want other silenced and no one else,, the rrest of us want you to keep talking,,

You're right.
facebook "rules" LOL

From the article it sounds like it was an international group. I don't know. But as you can see, in their decisions so far, they have disagreed with FB's decisions twice as often as they've agreed. So I doubt if his mom was on it.
I can help with that question.

A Four Person NATO-Funded Team Advises Facebook On Flagging 'Propaganda'

What's more is that the team of four total individuals running the Atlantic Council's Digital Forensic Research Lab (DFR Lab) is headed by a former National Security Council advisor for the last four years of the Obama administration, Graham Brookie, who is also its founder.

Facebook is now itself a top donor to the Atlantic Council, alongside Western governments, Gulf autocratic regimes, NATO, various branches of the US military, and a number of major defense contractors and corporations.

tenor.gif

That group is also openly interested in becoming involved with the Biden administrations plan to use third-party 'extremism' researchers to spy on Americans

You're welcome.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back