CDZ Facebook Murders An Attack On Our Individual Rights?

When is censorship permissible?

• Always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

• When it insults the public conscience

• When Facebook says so

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • When the Government says so

• Leave my damn rights alone! I will decide what is appropriate.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
In recent weeks, Facebook users have been subjected to videos of rape, murder, and nudity.

Facebook is under heavy pressure to reject "objectionable" posts. Since the recent murder broadcast in Ohio, Facebook has announced that it is stepping up its "post review policies".

Is that what we want? Do we want some for-profit company determining what is right and permissible for us to view? Do we want them to filter the information available to us?

Do we want a government agency to oversee all posts, and reject those they deem objectionable? Should they make it a crime to post an "objectionable" post?

Or, do we want no censorship at all? Do we want the right to determine suitability ourselves?

In recent weeks, Facebook users have been subjected to videos of rape, murder, and nudity.

Facebook is under heavy pressure to reject "objectionable" posts. Since the recent murder broadcast in Ohio, Facebook has announced that it is stepping up its "post review policies".

Is that what we want? Do we want some for-profit company determining what is right and permissible for us to view? Do we want them to filter the information available to us?

Do we want a government agency to oversee all posts, and reject those they deem objectionable? Should they make it a crime to post an "objectionable" post?

Or, do we want no censorship at all? Do we want the right to determine suitability ourselves?
I was going to answer your questions, until I saw your opinion of others' opinions, at the bottom,lol

I was going to answer your questions, until I saw your opinion of others' opinions, at the bottom,lol
That's interesting ... and awfully presumptuous.

You have no idea what my opinion is - one way or the other.

The psycho wackos on Facebook need to be controlled somehow.

You/we cannot give these psychos a stage.

kellyd you can tell by Spare_change 's rhetorical questions that he/she/it is not really open minded or really searching for opinions.

Otherwise the poll would have been more reasonable such as:

- sometimes

- always

- never.

My vote went to 'when Facebook says so'.

Facebook is a private entity - it is their right to choose the content, make the rules.

1A restricts the government from infringing on certain freedoms - it ensures the freedom of Facebook to 'censor' content. 1A also ensures our right to not engage with a business we disagree with. (or is supposed to, lol)

She is referring to your Signature line: OF COURSE YOUR OPINION MATTERS ... just not to me.

She is referring to your Signature line: OF COURSE YOUR OPINION MATTERS ... just not to me.
Thanks. I'm new on here and didn't know what to call that. Signature line, lol. Got it now

Forum List

Back