Extended book excerpt from AOC Biography: Adrift, Broke, and Disillusioned How a struggling bartender became the face of a resurgent left

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
will post the key highlights later

AOC you have more morality in your little finger than Pelosi and her ilk have in their entire bodies

She is an MIT graduate and was a bartender to help herself and to help her with father's medical bills! No shame in baretending by the way! AOC is a superstar and will always be, my friends!

AOC you have more morality in your little finger than Pelosi and her ilk have in their entire bodies

She is an MIT graduate and was a bartender to help herself and to help her with father's medical bills! No shame in baretending by the way! AOC is a superstar and will always be, my friends!

Yeah, except for her horrible ideas, annoying attitude and awful political ideology, she is great! :laugh:

AOC is a moron who chased HQ2 from her district to VA.
Cuomo said that move cost NY State about $28b a year in new revenue.
She prefers to live in blight than with a new corporate HQ with thousands of new high paying jobs.
1644578135780.png
AOC could have had this...

1644578158608.png

But her district preferred to keep this...

If only she would cross the Delaware. Things like that will have millions die for her as she just frowns at the evil nastiness. Her heroes like Castro, Che, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin and others at least put their lives on the line.

Lots wrong with that. AOC isn’t of the left. She like nearly all in Congress of both parties, is a status quo loving corporatist. She like the rest is owned and controlled by big corporations and the ultra wealthy, who fund her campaign.

And that's her problem. She is a semi fresh college graduate which means she spent previous years surrounded by young people who also know nothing of what the real world is like.

A bartender as a young girl also has no idea of how the world works. A fine job but has no experience in politics tied to it at all.

She has no experience with reality as an adult. Her exaggerated emotion and nasty looks she shoots constantly are proof of that. She needed another 10 or 12 years as an adult to round off her edges.

excerpts:

even her haters call her a “generational talent,” a disparagement candy-wrapped as a compliment, the implication being that the astonishing rise of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was somehow encoded in her DNA

“Women like me aren’t supposed to run for office,” she said at the start of her journey to Washington

Months before AOC became the new face of the Democratic Party, she was working in a bar where she was expected to look “hot,” riding the 6 train, fretting about health insurance, and not really sure what she wanted to do with her life

Her victory on June 26, 2018, over her mainstream Democratic opponent, Joe Crowley, was a marker delineating the moment after which American politics would never be the same. It established AOC’s prodigious political gifts while showcasing a new sort of Democratic candidate and a new way of recruiting them. Barack Obama, previous holder of the “generational talent” title, may have resembled Ocasio-Cortez in some ways...Brown-skinned, good looking, with his own misadventures in the postcollegiate wilderness, he challenged political convention even as he titillated its guardians

With more than 20 million followers on Twitter and Instagram combined, and the ability to raise $20 million mostly in small-dollar donations in a single campaign cycle, she has amassed so much power that she is a human incendiary device

At the very beginning, before she had been elected to anything, Ocasio-Cortez revealed her mission in what would become her mantra. “We can only accomplish great things together,”

Her father, Sergio, who had died when she was a sophomore at Boston University, had told her she was special, destined for greatness, capable through intelligence and grit of attaining her dreams, and her education had reinforced that notion. But upon graduating in 2011, she saw that it didn’t matter how smart she was, what she knew, how ambitious or imaginative her ideas were. It didn’t matter that she’d won science prizes; been chosen to give speeches; immersed herself in economics, music, and literature; and graduated cum laude. Sandy, as she was sometimes known back then, was a petite young Puerto Rican woman with bills to pay. She moved into an apartment in the Parkchester development in the Bronx that had belonged to her father, with $25,000 in student loans and no health insurance. Up in Yorktown Heights in Westchester, her family relied on food stamps

“AOC, I think, had a Mary Poppins understanding that you follow a particular pathway, and bingo! You’re successful,” says Ernesto Nieto, a co-founder of the NHI. When she foundered, she felt she was to blame. Facing the disparity between how she saw herself and how the world saw her “was not very pleasant,” Nieto adds. “That’s the journey for a lot of Latinos. The same doors are not there for us as for somebody else.”

excerpts:

even her haters call her a “generational talent,” a disparagement candy-wrapped as a compliment, the implication being that the astonishing rise of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was somehow encoded in her DNA

“Women like me aren’t supposed to run for office,” she said at the start of her journey to Washington

Months before AOC became the new face of the Democratic Party, she was working in a bar where she was expected to look “hot,” riding the 6 train, fretting about health insurance, and not really sure what she wanted to do with her life

Her victory on June 26, 2018, over her mainstream Democratic opponent, Joe Crowley, was a marker delineating the moment after which American politics would never be the same. It established AOC’s prodigious political gifts while showcasing a new sort of Democratic candidate and a new way of recruiting them. Barack Obama, previous holder of the “generational talent” title, may have resembled Ocasio-Cortez in some ways...Brown-skinned, good looking, with his own misadventures in the postcollegiate wilderness, he challenged political convention even as he titillated its guardians

With more than 20 million followers on Twitter and Instagram combined, and the ability to raise $20 million mostly in small-dollar donations in a single campaign cycle, she has amassed so much power that she is a human incendiary device

At the very beginning, before she had been elected to anything, Ocasio-Cortez revealed her mission in what would become her mantra. “We can only accomplish great things together,”

Her father, Sergio, who had died when she was a sophomore at Boston University, had told her she was special, destined for greatness, capable through intelligence and grit of attaining her dreams, and her education had reinforced that notion. But upon graduating in 2011, she saw that it didn’t matter how smart she was, what she knew, how ambitious or imaginative her ideas were. It didn’t matter that she’d won science prizes; been chosen to give speeches; immersed herself in economics, music, and literature; and graduated cum laude. Sandy, as she was sometimes known back then, was a petite young Puerto Rican woman with bills to pay. She moved into an apartment in the Parkchester development in the Bronx that had belonged to her father, with $25,000 in student loans and no health insurance. Up in Yorktown Heights in Westchester, her family relied on food stamps

“AOC, I think, had a Mary Poppins understanding that you follow a particular pathway, and bingo! You’re successful,” says Ernesto Nieto, a co-founder of the NHI. When she foundered, she felt she was to blame. Facing the disparity between how she saw herself and how the world saw her “was not very pleasant,” Nieto adds. “That’s the journey for a lot of Latinos. The same doors are not there for us as for somebody else.”
She's an America hating idiot just like anyone who posts about her.

Bartenders where AOC worked were expected to "look hot" at work. AOC, sometimes wearing red lipstick, her hair up in a messy bun, “probably dressed the most conservatively.”

Was she interested in running for Congress? “I mean, it’s one of those things where it was like, ‘Eff it. Sure. Whatever,’ ” AOC said.

What an eloquent orator!

MORE EXCERPTS:

Meanwhile, Ocasio-Cortez and Swisher had started planning a trip to the Standing Rock Reservation in North Dakota. For Ocasio-Cortez, the election result was just the culmination of everything that had gone wrong in America since Reagan and even long before that. The president-elect, though grotesque, was a symptom, she would often say later. “I know that guy,” she once said, though at the time she had never met him. “I know him really, really well … I have bartended for Donald Trump. I’ve had guys catcall me who are Donald Trump in New York City.” Even his profession — “shady real-estate developers” — was a familiar, old-school New York archetype, “not, like, an aberration,” she added. A trip to Standing Rock, where protests had been ongoing since spring, would give her a moment to step off the treadmill and contemplate with seriousness the problems she cared about most: environmental degradation, racism, and control of the poor and the marginalized by politicians and businesses. A road trip would, in other words, give her a chance to think about a political future. From the moment they agreed to travel to Standing Rock, a run for office was “the elephant in the room,” Swisher recalls.

Forum List

Back