Explosion from ‘gender-reveal party’ shakes homes 20 miles away…

a 155mm shell has about 15 pounds of explosive
80lbs is a lot
hahahahhaha = IDIOTS

There's a big difference between tannerite and a military grade explosive.
We took an eight inch poly sewer pipe, cut a mouse hole in the side of it and jammed a soccer ball in it.
We used a lb of tannerite and shot it from around a hundred yards.
That fucker looked like it was going to reach low earth orbit!!!
...I don't see how it would affect foundations, like they say it did....they weren't close to any houses, I thought ....there'd be a blast wave ..80 lbs of explosives can do a lot of damage, more than people think .....

a 155mm shell has about 15 pounds of explosive
80lbs is a lot
hahahahhaha = IDIOTS

There's a big difference between tannerite and a military grade explosive.
We took an eight inch poly sewer pipe, cut a mouse hole in the side of it and jammed a soccer ball in it.
We used a lb of tannerite and shot it from around a hundred yards.
That fucker looked like it was going to reach low earth orbit!!!
...I don't see how it would affect foundations, like they say it did....they weren't close to any houses, I thought ....there'd be a blast wave ..80 lbs of explosives can do a lot of damage, more than people think .....

164 lbs in an old barn. 2:15
If that had been semtex rather than tannerite the expllosion would have been WAY bigger.

Tannerite is apparently a mix of ammonium nitrate and aluminum powder. Traces of the stuff are painted on cardboard to make "exploding targets". Why anyone would hoard 80 lbs of the highly dangerous stuff is anybody's guess.

The sheer stupidity of these parties has already resulted in death and injuries. WTF is wrong with people.

KINGSTON, N.H. (AP) — Police say the source of an explosion in New Hampshire that rocked several towns and could be felt as far away as Massachusetts was a gender reveal party.
Kingston police said they responded to reports of a large explosion at a quarry on Tuesday. New Hampshire Union Leader reported that the blast rattled homes within a 20-mile radius.
According to The Associated Press, the source of the explosion was 80 pounds of Tannerite.

Really think that of our 20 and 30 years old are STUPID beyond repair....

Tannerite is apparently a mix of ammonium nitrate and aluminum powder. Traces of the stuff are painted on cardboard to make "exploding targets". Why anyone would hoard 80 lbs of the highly dangerous stuff is anybody's guess.

It's harmless until you mix the two together,thats why it comes in two packets.
It's illegal to transport it when it's been mixed.
But even at that the only thing that will set it off is a rifle that shoots at 2000 fps or faster.
You can burn it,hit it with a hammer and anything else you can think of and it wont ignite.

Forum List

Back