Explain this. This guy shoots a Firefighter during the attempt to murder someone else....released in less than 3 years, gets illegal gun, again.

Then don't have kids if you can't afford them. If it were up to me, when a person applies for any kind of welfare, they wouldn't get one dime until they were fixed first. How are we ever going to solve poverty when we encourage people in poverty to have kids they can't afford? In many cases, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree you know.

Right. And abortions are bad. Whatever. Idiot.

Ok. Back to my earlier question you ignored. How much more are you willing to pay in taxes? California jails and prisons are overcrowded.

There are only two ways to reduce this overcrowding.

One. Release prisoners early. When they do you rush out screaming that Democrats are letting criminals out of jails.

The second is to build more jails and prisons. How many new prisons will we need to lock people up for a sufficient time to satisfy you? Double what we have? Triple?

How much will that cost? Even privatizing them cost money. We have to guarantee a certain number of prisoners for a certain number of years for a minimum price.

So how will we pay for this? Crank up higher taxes is the only way isn’t it? Are you now in favor of higher taxes?

You can’t have stiffer sentences without somewhere to keep them. Those places cost money. Money comes from taxes. Everyone wants to pay less tax. So how much more are you willing to pay for these sentences?
Dude, I think we are on the same page, or I am misinterpreting what you are saying.

Gun bans do nothing but make people who will abide by them more vulnerable.

I don't think this guy should have been denied possession of a firearm when he was released, but if he is really dangerous, he is not one who should roam the streets. A person who is violent without just cause is an ideal candidate for long-term incarceration, but many times, such people end up getting street justice IF (big if) the people he would do unjust violence to are armed and prepared to defend themselves. The problem takes care of itself.

Which is why, in a free society, everyone should be armed.

The solution to the problem of prison overpopulation is to legalize all drugs. That would probably bankrupt the private prison industry (which I believe cannot be sustained in a free society). On top of that, kill the black market for drugs and a lot of gun violence goes with it.

Right. And abortions are bad. Whatever. Idiot.
You have to admit that abortions are the least efficient means of birth control, and certainly raises legitimate ethical issues. Maybe that shouldn't be the go-to for birth control?

That's all I am saying. Just from an efficiency standpoint, a pill costs next to nothing. An abortion is at least $5,000.

I did nine years in the Army defending among other things your right to say silly things. You’re welcome.
I wanted to separate this from all the other bullshit and GENUINLY thank you for your service. This deserves its own post.

Both my mom and my dad were Army and served in Vietnam. Dad was drafted and finished his tour as an E5 after receiving the bronze star with the "V" device (for battlefield valor). To this day, I have no idea why he was awarded the bronze because he would never talk about it. He suffered from PTSD for many years after, even up until he died.

So, separate from all this back and forth, sincerely, thank you for your service.
:beer:

How much will you pay? Half again as much in taxes? What will you personally pay?

Don't have to.....we simply cut other crap......

What is it with you guys and the black mail.....raise taxes or we let the most violent criminals loose to murder you and your family...

You are nuts...

You are so full of shit you could literally fertilize the entire state of Kansas. Seriously.

I told you what I do and have done. What do you do? You get on the internet and scream get tough on crime. That has been the chorus since the 1970’s. It has been the policy since the 1980’s. And it hasn’t worked.

We got rid of Parole in Federal Prisons. Guess what? It is way more dangerous for the guards. No carrot to go with the stick. The crook has nothing to lose by getting violent. Oh he may get more time tacked on. But when he’s doing thirty years already what is five more? It is already the next thing to a life sentence.

Has Federal Crime dropped? Nope. Not a bit.

So it is more dangerous for the guards. And it hasn’t reduced crime. All it did accomplish is make morons like you imagine that we were finally getting tough on crime.

I keep saying you guys are just like the communists. And you are. You have an article of faith. A nearly religious belief. If it hasn’t worked so far. Well there are reasons. Those reasons are logical and all. It just wasn’t tough enough. It wasn’t run by the right people.

The communists are wrong. You are wrong. But you won’t see it.

It isn’t fear that keeps you from committing crime. It is a belief in right and wrong. But you believe fear will motivate others. Because you are afraid of criminals. They scare you. They offend your sense of right and wrong. You think that Daddy punished me and see how I turned out. So they need to be punished.

More than four decades of your policies have been effected. Mandatory minimums. No parole. More negative situations in prisons like solitary. And nothing has changed. But it is a religious belief. Nothing can sway you. You are the prophet of the new way.

So once again I ask. How much more are you willing to pay in taxes to build and staff all these prisons your plan needs?

Moron.....

In Japan, the Yakuza were using fully automatic weapons and grenades...as recently as 2013....how did they get them to stop...

They locked them the fuck up for decades....

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/25/the-great-japanese-gang-wars

The season for pineapples (yakuza slang for hand grenades) may finally be over. Jake Adelstein and Nathalie-Kyoko Stucky on the bloody, seven-year battle between the Dojin-kai and the Seido-kai.

In Southern Japan, the brutal pineapple season may finally be over; pineapple is yakuza slang for “hand grenade”—one of the many weapons utilized in a seven-year gang war between the Dojin-kai (1,000 members) and the splinter group the Kyushu Seido-kei (500 members).
----
---
The Gangs That Couldn’t Shoot Straight

The Dojin-kai and the Seido-kai are Kyushu-based yakuza gangs, once part of the same faction founded in 1971 in Kurume, Fukuoka Prefecture, by Isoji Koga. When the second generation Dojin-kai boss Seijiro Matsuo retired in May 2006, there was a fight over succession, and the group split into two factions, sparking a bloody gang war—where escalation seemed a matter of course. It started with shootings and bombs being thrown, and before it ended, the two gangs were lobbing grenades and Molotov cocktails, shooting machine guns, and sometimes attacking their own men.
-----
In May, a 9-year-old child found a hand grenade in a rice field in Iizuka, Fukuoka Prefecture, and took it home, to the astonishment of his father, who handed it over to the local police. According to the police, there were no yakuza headquarters where the grenade was found.

The numbers of grenades used and seized in the war became so problematic that by April 2012, the Fukuoka Prefecture Police became the first in Japan to offer cash rewards to anyone who reported finding a hand grenade.

Japan’s gun control laws so strict the Yakuza turn to toy pistols

Ryo Fujiwara, long-time writer on yakuza affairs and author of the book, The Three Yamaguchi-Gumi, says that the punishment for using a gun in a gang war or in a crime is now so heavy that most yakuza avoid their use at all – unless it is for an assassination.
“In a hit, whoever fires the gun, or is made to take responsibility for firing the gun, has to pretty much be willing to go to jail for the rest of their life. That’s a big decision. The repercussions are big, too. No one wants to claim responsibility for such acts – the gang office might actually get shut-down.”
The gang typically also has to support the family of the hit-man while he is in prison, which is also a financial burden for the organization.

Japan’s Firearms and Swords Control Laws make it a crime to illegally possess a gun, with a punishment of jail time of up to 10 years.

Illegal possession more than one gun, the penalty goes up to 15 years in prison.

If you own a gun and matching ammunition, that’s another charge and a heavier penalty. The most severe penalty is for the act of discharging a gun in a train, on a bus, or most public spaces, which can result in a life sentence.
-----

A low-ranking member of the Kobe-Yamaguchi-gumi put it this way: “All of the smart guys got rid of their guns a long-time ago. The penalties are way too high. You get life in prison if you just fire a gun. That’s not fun.”

Mere possession of a gun in Japan is 10 years....and it goes up...using a gun in a crime...life in prison....

What happens in the U.S.?

Five men linked to a deadly gang-related shootout Friday in Austin were released from custody after prosecutors declined to charge each of them with a pair of felonies, including first-degree murder, the Chicago Sun-Times has learned.

The brazen mid-morning gunfight, which left one shooter dead and two of the suspects wounded, stemmed from an internal dispute between two factions of the Four Corner Hustlers street gang, according to an internal police report and a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation.

The source said police sought to charge all five suspects with murder and aggravated battery. By Sunday morning, a Chicago police spokeswoman acknowledged the suspects had “been released without charges.”
----

Last week, Cook County prosecutors came under fire after reportedly making a similar argument after a teenager was stabbed to death during a fight in Schaumburg. The family of the victim, 18-year-old Manuel Porties Jr., later told WGN that prosecutors specifically said they weren’t charging the 17-year-old suspect with murder because the fatal fight amounted to mutual combat.

Meanwhile, as the city grapples with a spate of rolling shootouts that have erupted over the past week, the law enforcement source raised concerns that the rejection could encourage more brash violence. Much like those shootouts, the narrative of Saturday’s gun battle in Austin was reminiscent of an action movie scene.

And these aren't the only 5 to walk on not only possessing illegal guns, but shooting them at people...

So no, we are not "Tough on Crime." The democrat party is tough on the police, and they release the worst, violent monsters in this country, over and over again..

Ray From Cleveland

Like I said. Screw the kids once they are born. Idiot.

Moron.....conservatives give more money and time to all charities than democrats do, and they are adopting kids with even horrible handicaps as well..........

The lie that we don't care about kids after they are born is something you have to tell yourself to hide the truth....that you support murdering babies in the womb......

Seems to be working just great in all the countries and continents you mentioned. When was the last time you saw any country switch from a tight gun control policy to the US free for all policy?

Gun crimes in the UK have actually decreased by 3.8% since 2018/2019. Firearm Crime Statistics: England & Wales - House of Commons Library

Yeah....gun control isn't working in Britain.....they just don't shoot to kill each other....they shoot to wound, but that is changing...

Matt Perfect, the crime agency’s firearms threat lead, said that new Skorpion and G9A automatic pistols, which fire at a speed comparable to an AK47 assault rifle, were found.
Gangs bring rapid‑fire guns to Britain’s streets
=====

cotland Yard today said police are seizing more deadly automatic weapons from criminals in London as detectives revealed that an innocent bystander was gunned down with a suspected Skorpion sub-machine gun last month .
Rise in sub-machine guns on London streets
Revealed - The deadly cache of guns taken off West Midlands streets
A former undercover cop who snared members of the Burger Bar Boys has warned violent gangs are in an “arms race” to control the West Midlands’ illegal drugs trade.

Neil Woods, now a campaigner to legalise recreational drugs for rehabilitation benefits, said criminals are willing to use “extreme violence” to gain an upper hand on their competitors.

That includes “importing” illegal firearms from places like the “Balkans” region of south eastern Europe onto the streets of the West Midlands, ready for combat.

UK Gangs In "Arms Race" Despite Gun Control Laws

Illegal weapons in the city have been increasing over the last few years, figures show.Girl, 16, arrested after three loaded guns and 200 bullets seized in raid

Diana Fawcett, the charity's chief executive, told Sky News: "At a time when the number of homicides has been falling, deaths related to gun crime are showing significant increases which is incredibly concerning.
More than 600 children in the UK were arrested for suspected firearm offences last year amid the coronavirus pandemic, new figures reveal.
A Sky News investigation has found children as young as 11 were among more than 2,000 youths detained for alleged crimes involving guns, imitation firearms and air weapons between 2018 and January 2021.
-----
Simeon Moore, who carried a gun aged 15 when he was a member of a notorious Birmingham gang, said young people arming themselves often believe they are doing "the right thing".
---
"From knives, we started to carry guns. For me, at the time it was a means of protection.
"I was walking around and at any point I could get beat up, stabbed or have my head blown off.
Hundreds of children arrested for suspected gun crimes during COVID pandemic
==============

The number of shootings in London is on the rise, despite the capital being in lockdown for significant parts of last year.

Scotland Yard figures reveal 288 incidents in 2020 where a lethal firearm was discharged, compared with 266 shooting incidents the year before.

-----
The second call of the day brought into sharp focus the concerns police have around the number of criminals apparently now willing to carry firearms.
----
The officer said criminal gangs were increasingly targeting vehicles for the small amounts of precious metals in the catalytic converters.

"It is only worth a few hundred pounds to them, but for that, the criminal gangs are willing to threaten lethal force."

Shootings in London on the rise despite lockdown, police reveal

Sharp rise in knife and gun attacks outside London as austerity bites

Across the West Midlands, violent crime has become unnervingly common. Despite knife crime in the capital making the headlines, it has risen by 103% since 2014 in this region compared with 48% in London, with 14 knife crimes a day so far this year often targeting children of school age. Meanwhile, gun crime is up by a third in the West Midlands,

and murder, GBH and other violent crimes increased by 17% in the last year alone. In London, the rises were about 10% and 6% year-on-year, respectively.
The gangs and violence commission report found “crucial links” between the black market for illicit substances and serious violence, and much of the rising violence is blamed locally on disputes between gangs, many of whom deal drugs, increasingly being settled with guns and knives.

Britain, 10/17/19 gun crime up 4%

Knife crime rises to new record of 44,000 offences in England and Wales

drugs need them to hold their territory...

Liverpool gangs 'dominate' gun and drugs trade outside London

Organised criminal gangs from Liverpool have risen to the summit of the UK underworld and “dominate” the firearms and drugs-trade outside London, the latest intelligence from senior officers at the National Crime Agency (NCA) reveals.
---
Analysis of encrypted messages from a communications system used by criminals has shown that the city has become the preeminent location for top-tier gangs sourcing high-volume importations of drugs and automatic weapons.
------

Analysis by the NFTC found that Merseyside and the broader north-west corridor was home to a network of gun factories converting low-calibre weapons such as the Czech-made Škorpion and Slovakian Grand Power into deadly automatic firearms.

Perfect said that converting weapons was seen by some in the region as a viable business.

A low-calibre Glock handgun bought for £135 in eastern Europe could be converted in just 90 seconds to a 9mm weapon that could be sold for up to £5,000.
-----
nalysis of the intelligence from EncroChat has revealed other surprises to firearms officers. Perfect said:

“If you’d asked me before Venetic what was the firearm of choice for an organised crime group, I’d have absolutely said the Glock handgun. Venetic showed that the Škorpion SMG and the Grand Power are now becoming that weapon of choice.”

Seems to be working just great in all the countries and continents you mentioned. When was the last time you saw any country switch from a tight gun control policy to the US free for all policy?

Gun crimes in the UK have actually decreased by 3.8% since 2018/2019. Firearm Crime Statistics: England & Wales - House of Commons Library

Yeah....tell us again how it is working......ask the British police....

Police struggle to stop flood of firearms into UK

Police and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

The NCA has used tasking powers to direct greater intelligence about firearms to be gathered by all 43 forces in England and Wales.

Another senior law enforcement official said that “new and clean” weapons were now being used in the majority of shootings, as opposed to guns once being so difficult to obtain that they would be “rented out” to be used in multiple crimes.

Cooke, the Merseyside chief constable, told the Guardian: “We in law enforcement expect the rise in new firearms to continue. We are doing all we can. We are not in a position to stop it anytime soon.

“Law enforcement is more joined up now than before, but the scale of the problem is such that despite a number of excellent firearms seizures, I expect the rise in supply to be a continuing issue.”

The increasing supply of guns belies problems with UK border security and innovations by organised crime gangs. Smugglers have increasingly found new ways and innovative routes to get guns past border defences.

Cooke said that the dynamics of the streets of British cities had changed and that criminals were more willing to use guns: “If they bring them in people will buy them. It’s a kudos thing for organised criminals.”

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the NCA, said: “The majority of guns being used are new, clean firearms ... which indicates a relatively fluid supply.”

He said shotguns were 40% of the total, with an increase in burglaries to try and steal them.

Handguns are the next biggest category, most often smuggled in from overseas, with ferry ports such as Dover being a popular entry point into the UK for organised crime groups:

“We’re doing a lot to fight back against it,” Brough said, adding that compared to other European countries, the availability in the UK was relatively lower.
==========

Two shot dead on London's streets amid warnings 'fluid supply' of guns is increasingly difficult to control

The violence came as police warned that the “fluid supply” of gunswas becoming increasingly difficult to control, with gangs using new and innovative ways of smuggling them past border defences.
---

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the National Crime Agency (NCA), also warned that the “sheer volume” of firearms coming into the UK represented a “pernicious threat” that urgently needed to be addressed.

“The scale is really challenging, he told the Telegraph. “We are doing everything we can but criminals are operating in a lucrative business where they can be increasingly innovative and operate in a highly effective way.”

Last week, an Irish man found with 60 firearms in his car in Dover, en route from Calais, admitted gun smuggling.

Robert Keogh, 37, was stopped on August 2 by Border Force officers who found the weapons concealed deep inside the vehicle’s bumper and both rear quarter panels.

The number of shootings has been on the rise since 2013 and has in part being linked to the 2,000 drug supply chains identified as part of the country lines network.

Mr Brough said hand guns were being smuggled through eastern Europe, across nexus points in Belgium and the Netherlands and then onwards into the UK.

“Some of the methods criminal groups are using are incredibly sophisticated, for example, they are built into the interior of vehicles,” he said.

“The challenge at the border is the sheer volume of the operation.

“When a gun is coming in as a fast parcel, how can we find that? It’s a needle in a haystack.”

Shotguns lawfully held are being diverted into the criminal market via burglaries while other weapons are purchased blank and then converted.

Mr Brough said there was a trend towards “new and clean” guns being used for the first time that did not link to previous crimes.

“The source of them and availability leads to incidents such as we’ve seen this weekend,” he added.
====
====

Yeah....tell us again how it is working......ask the British police....

Police struggle to stop flood of firearms into UK

Police and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

The NCA has used tasking powers to direct greater intelligence about firearms to be gathered by all 43 forces in England and Wales.

Another senior law enforcement official said that “new and clean” weapons were now being used in the majority of shootings, as opposed to guns once being so difficult to obtain that they would be “rented out” to be used in multiple crimes.

Cooke, the Merseyside chief constable, told the Guardian: “We in law enforcement expect the rise in new firearms to continue. We are doing all we can. We are not in a position to stop it anytime soon.

“Law enforcement is more joined up now than before, but the scale of the problem is such that despite a number of excellent firearms seizures, I expect the rise in supply to be a continuing issue.”

The increasing supply of guns belies problems with UK border security and innovations by organised crime gangs. Smugglers have increasingly found new ways and innovative routes to get guns past border defences.

Cooke said that the dynamics of the streets of British cities had changed and that criminals were more willing to use guns: “If they bring them in people will buy them. It’s a kudos thing for organised criminals.”

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the NCA, said: “The majority of guns being used are new, clean firearms ... which indicates a relatively fluid supply.”

He said shotguns were 40% of the total, with an increase in burglaries to try and steal them.

Handguns are the next biggest category, most often smuggled in from overseas, with ferry ports such as Dover being a popular entry point into the UK for organised crime groups:

“We’re doing a lot to fight back against it,” Brough said, adding that compared to other European countries, the availability in the UK was relatively lower.
==========

Two shot dead on London's streets amid warnings 'fluid supply' of guns is increasingly difficult to control

The violence came as police warned that the “fluid supply” of gunswas becoming increasingly difficult to control, with gangs using new and innovative ways of smuggling them past border defences.
---

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the National Crime Agency (NCA), also warned that the “sheer volume” of firearms coming into the UK represented a “pernicious threat” that urgently needed to be addressed.

“The scale is really challenging, he told the Telegraph. “We are doing everything we can but criminals are operating in a lucrative business where they can be increasingly innovative and operate in a highly effective way.”

Last week, an Irish man found with 60 firearms in his car in Dover, en route from Calais, admitted gun smuggling.

Robert Keogh, 37, was stopped on August 2 by Border Force officers who found the weapons concealed deep inside the vehicle’s bumper and both rear quarter panels.

The number of shootings has been on the rise since 2013 and has in part being linked to the 2,000 drug supply chains identified as part of the country lines network.

Mr Brough said hand guns were being smuggled through eastern Europe, across nexus points in Belgium and the Netherlands and then onwards into the UK.

“Some of the methods criminal groups are using are incredibly sophisticated, for example, they are built into the interior of vehicles,” he said.

“The challenge at the border is the sheer volume of the operation.

“When a gun is coming in as a fast parcel, how can we find that? It’s a needle in a haystack.”

Shotguns lawfully held are being diverted into the criminal market via burglaries while other weapons are purchased blank and then converted.

Mr Brough said there was a trend towards “new and clean” guns being used for the first time that did not link to previous crimes.

“The source of them and availability leads to incidents such as we’ve seen this weekend,” he added.
====
====
I dont see the UK rushing to change over to our free for all gun system. Face it, you're losing the battle.

Moron.....conservatives give more money and time to all charities than democrats do, and they are adopting kids with even horrible handicaps as well..........

The lie that we don't care about kids after they are born is something you have to tell yourself to hide the truth....that you support murdering babies in the womb......
Yeah its pretty pathetic you have to donate money to go fund me accts in America because people cant afford to pay their medical bills. YOu animals giving to charity does not hide the fact your policies are horrific.

Yeah its pretty pathetic you have to donate money to go fund me accts in America because people cant afford to pay their medical bills. YOu animals giving to charity does not hide the fact your policies are horrific.

As the medical systems across Europe begin to fail because they are running out of money and people........just wait.....you guys have been living off of the U.S. for so long, you don't know what it is like to pay your own way.

I dont see the UK rushing to change over to our free for all gun system. Face it, you're losing the battle.

Crime is increasing around Europe.......but their people are simply expected to take it....

Hey.....smarty pants.....

Answer these questions...

A woman is grabbed by a violent serial rapist at a bus stop, a train platform or in her apartment...he plans on beating, raping and murdering her. She has a gun, and can stop the rape with the gun......

Do you want her to use that gun to stop the rape?

A woman stops an attack with a gun, a brutal rape, torture and murder...in a public space....if you had the ability to go back in time, and prevent her from having that gun...would you?

It's the way our federal government was setup since it's founding. Our founders didn't want the people to become dependent on the federal government because that's how they obtain massive power over the people. They didn't want that.

As the medical systems across Europe begin to fail because they are running out of money and people........just wait.....you guys have been living off of the U.S. for so long, you don't know what it is like to pay your own way.
Just you wait....spoken like a true conspiracy nut job. That's all you ever have. Just you wait. LOL. By the way, I'm an American.

Crime is increasing around Europe.......but their people are simply expected to take it....

Hey.....smarty pants.....

Answer these questions...

A woman is grabbed by a violent serial rapist at a bus stop, a train platform or in her apartment...he plans on beating, raping and murdering her. She has a gun, and can stop the rape with the gun......

A woman stops an attack with a gun, a brutal rape, torture and murder...in a public space....if you had the ability to go back in time, and prevent her from having that gun...would you?
LOL what if's. Ask any sane European if they'd rather have their gun laws or America's gun laws as well as all the guns America has floating around.

LOL what if's. Ask any sane European if they'd rather have their gun laws or America's gun laws as well as all the guns America has floating around.

And you didn't answer the questions.......asshats like you never do......

Let me repeat them...

You mean the Europeans that watched as 12 million innocent men, women and children were mass murdered by the socialists between 1939-1945?

After their governments made them give up their guns in the 1920s? Those people?

Those are more people murdered in 6 years than in 82 years of criminals murdering criminals in the U.S with guns.........

Yet you want us to listen to the same people who sat by as 12 million people were handed over for mass murder?

Yeah...sell that to biden voters.......

Forum List

Back