Explain this. This guy shoots a Firefighter during the attempt to murder someone else....released in less than 3 years, gets illegal gun, again.

And just how many times have you been on the front lines for your beliefs? Zero, just like most people. You vote for people that has most of your interests on their agenda. You asked if I was willing to pay more for taxes and I answered you. Sorry if you don't like the truth. And yes, I do want to strip away wasteful spending and use that money instead for more productive things that will benefit this country like keeping violent people behind bars for as long as possible.

So how much higher taxes are you paying when the Democrats decided to pay people to stay home instead of work? How much more in taxes are you paying to fund the Kennedy Center millions of dollars or the arts. Don't give me this BS how much more I'm willing to pay when we never see a tax increase for any of our spending. That being said, if we are going to spend borrowed money, put it towards the things that matter the most.

I did nine years in the Army defending among other things your right to say silly things. You’re welcome.

I donate to the ACLU and the NRA to help defend your rights. You’re welcome.

I used to volunteer to assist the homeless with a focus on veterans. Helping to get them cleaned up and presentable to help get them off the street and back into society. Being a fellow Vet it was easier for me to listen to them and understand.

But let’s discuss what is important.

Republicans and Conservatives like to cut programs like WIC. Kids aren’t important once they are born it seems. If their parents are poor let the mangy little bastards starve.

Republicans paid for construction of ships the Navy didn’t want. Well tough shit Navy. Take them and be happy about it. I guess that was important.

Don’t give me this crap about how getting tough on crime is the answer. It hasn’t worked yet. And for those true believers. Just like the communists. They argue that it would work if it was done more. Or by the right people.

In the meantime the only programs that have worked to reduce recidivism are shut down. Not punitive enough for the get tough on crime idiots.

So we watch the door revolve. And we listen to the bitching of the get tough idiots who want it done their way. But don’t talk about raising taxes to pay for it. Only Leftists want to raise taxes. Cut programs to help kids. Or the elderly. They should not have kids they can’t afford. And they aren’t allowed to abort those kids. That is a crime. And the elderly should have planned better. Screw them.

How much do you think the crimes committed cost?

Waaaay more than what it costs to keep them locked up.

It doesn’t cost me a dime if you are robbed. It does cost me money to house the criminals who are robbing you. From a selfish point of view I should say that crime that happens to you is your problem. Not mine.

Instead I argue for programs to rehabilitate criminals to reduce recidivism. I write to elected officials and explain the long term savings to be realized. I point out to people in conversation that treatment works better for drug offenses than prosecution.

In the end. The simple answer. No matter how many times it has failed. Is almost always chosen. Get tough on crime.

Since you all on the get tough on crime side are too stupid to realize the folly. I don’t care. I don’t care if your family is robbed or assaulted. It didn’t happen to me or mine. I don’t care if your family is murdered. You created the mess we have now with mandatory minimums and that bullshit. You want the prisons full to overflowing. They are. And crime still happens. So when the guy today is sentenced. They are kicking a guy loose to make room for the new prisoner. That isn’t my fault.

You want it cheap. You got it. There is no effort to rehabilitate and the released prisoner has a better than 60 percent chance of offending again. Fear didn’t work to keep him out of prison. So again. Why should I care?

I’m watching the dumbest of the three little pigs building his house out of straw. Or I should say rebuilding the house for the tenth time. He won’t learn. So why should I care when the wind comes and blows his house down again?

It doesn’t cost me a dime if you are robbed. It does cost me money to house the criminals who are robbing you. From a selfish point of view I should say that crime that happens to you is your problem. Not mine.

Instead I argue for programs to rehabilitate criminals to reduce recidivism. I write to elected officials and explain the long term savings to be realized. I point out to people in conversation that treatment works better for drug offenses than prosecution.

In the end. The simple answer. No matter how many times it has failed. Is almost always chosen. Get tough on crime.

Since you all on the get tough on crime side are too stupid to realize the folly. I don’t care. I don’t care if your family is robbed or assaulted. It didn’t happen to me or mine. I don’t care if your family is murdered. You created the mess we have now with mandatory minimums and that bullshit. You want the prisons full to overflowing. They are. And crime still happens. So when the guy today is sentenced. They are kicking a guy loose to make room for the new prisoner. That isn’t my fault.

You want it cheap. You got it. There is no effort to rehabilitate and the released prisoner has a better than 60 percent chance of offending again. Fear didn’t work to keep him out of prison. So again. Why should I care?

I’m watching the dumbest of the three little pigs building his house out of straw. Or I should say rebuilding the house for the tenth time. He won’t learn. So why should I care when the wind comes and blows his house down again?

Sure it does. Medical costs are borne by all of us. Loss of productivity. Loss of wages which need to be covered. Burglaries make all of our insurance rates go up.

You need to stop being so myopic.

This is why we do not take anti-gunners seriously.......they target normal people who own guns, while the political party they support keeps releasing violent gun offenders....gun offenders who have been convicted for shooting people........this is fucking insane...

Jermaine White, one of two men charged with shooting an on-duty firefighter in Albany Park last year, was in court to face a new gun charge before Judge John Lyke.

Last year, police said two men set a car on fire in the 3600 block of West Wilson Avenue so they could shoot rival gang members who came outside to investigate the blaze. The gunmen shot a fireman who got caught in the crossfire. He survived.

Prosecutors charged White and another man with aggravated battery of an on-duty fireman by discharging a firearm and other felonies. Earlier this year, prosecutors dropped that charge when White agreed to plead guilty to aggravated unlawful use of a weapon in exchange for a three-year sentence.

The state automatically cut the sentence in half for good behavior, and White received credit for time spent in jail after his arrest. When it was all said and done, White walked into the Stateville Correctional Center on June 29. And he walked out 36 days later.

White, who is still on parole, was arrested again on Monday. Police pulled him over for driving without headlights. When they asked him for his license, he leaned forward and threw a handgun from the floorboard in front of him to the back seat floorboard, prosecutors said. His three-year-old child was sitting in the back seat without restraints, according to Assistant State’s Attorney Darryl Auguste.

CPD body cameras recorded the alleged gun toss, Auguste said. Cops allegedly found crack cocaine in the car, too.

Auguste tried to convince Judge Lyke to hold White without bail by arguing that White was on parole for a gun case that originated with allegations that he shot an on-duty fireman.

White’s private defense attorney, Joshua Kutnick, wasn’t having it.

“This state’s attorney’s office decided that no conviction was warranted on the [aggravated battery of a] firefighter,” Kutnick told Lyke, arguing Auguste’s colleagues dismissed the charge that prosecutors were trying to use against him.

Kutnick said White, who was convicted of aggravated battery as a juvenile and spent six years in prison for a domestic battery attack that lacerated his girlfriend’s liver, “is not a violent person.”

White did participate in the shootout that injured the fireman last year — but he only fired in defense of a friend, Kutnick argued.

The state’s plea agreement in the firefighter case apparently kept the court’s pre-trial services officer from flagging White for possible violence in the future.

Would it be more appropriate for you to get all the facts before you start blaming democrats.
It's always the same. Someone darts in Fiji and Biden gets the blame. Grow up.

I did nine years in the Army defending among other things your right to say silly things. You’re welcome.

I donate to the ACLU and the NRA to help defend your rights. You’re welcome.

I used to volunteer to assist the homeless with a focus on veterans. Helping to get them cleaned up and presentable to help get them off the street and back into society. Being a fellow Vet it was easier for me to listen to them and understand.

Republicans and Conservatives like to cut programs like WIC. Kids aren’t important once they are born it seems. If their parents are poor let the mangy little bastards starve.

Republicans paid for construction of ships the Navy didn’t want. Well tough shit Navy. Take them and be happy about it. I guess that was important.

Don’t give me this crap about how getting tough on crime is the answer. It hasn’t worked yet. And for those true believers. Just like the communists. They argue that it would work if it was done more. Or by the right people.

In the meantime the only programs that have worked to reduce recidivism are shut down. Not punitive enough for the get tough on crime idiots.

So we watch the door revolve. And we listen to the bitching of the get tough idiots who want it done their way. But don’t talk about raising taxes to pay for it. Only Leftists want to raise taxes. Cut programs to help kids. Or the elderly. They should not have kids they can’t afford. And they aren’t allowed to abort those kids. That is a crime. And the elderly should have planned better. Screw them.

Shit head.......letting known, violent gun offenders out of jail and prison, no matter how often they get caught committing gun crimes creates more gun violence...since only a small number of criminals are responsible for most of the shootings in democrat party controlled cities...

Then, throw in the war on police since 2015...and you have the reason for the spike in gun murder....

Democrats caused this with their policies......and blacks and hispanics are suffering the most......

A criminal in prison for 30 years means 30 years of not shooting innocent people....I'll pay for that easily.

Sure it does. Medical costs are borne by all of us. Loss of productivity. Loss of wages which need to be covered. Burglaries make all of our insurance rates go up.

No.....they need to stop being a dumb ass....

So you are finally admitting it's pretty easy for people in America that legally should not have guns, to get guns. Now we're finally getting somewhere.

Since when have I ever argued that criminals can't get guns, you dumbass......that's the point...gun control does not fucking work...not here, not in Europe, not in Japan, not in Australia......

British police state they can't stop the increasing flood of illegal guns into Britain....

The weapon of choice for european criminals is the fully automatic military rifle....and hand grenades...

So what you are saying is that we should investigate ways in which we can reduce crime. Getting tough on crime which has been the standard response for 40+ years hasn’t worked. When are we going to come up with a different answer?

Never. So since we won’t even consider different answers. And we won’t even investigate options. We won’t spend the money for more prisons and jails. All we will do is bitch, moan, and complain.

Nah. I’m going to keep on with the myopic view. It is either that or get behind the proven lie that if we only got tough on criminals we could dramatically reduce crime.

Shit head.......letting known, violent gun offenders out of jail and prison, no matter how often they get caught committing gun crimes creates more gun violence...since only a small number of criminals are responsible for most of the shootings in democrat party controlled cities...

Then, throw in the war on police since 2015...and you have the reason for the spike in gun murder....

Democrats caused this with their policies......and blacks and hispanics are suffering the most......

You are so full of shit you could literally fertilize the entire state of Kansas. Seriously.

I told you what I do and have done. What do you do? You get on the internet and scream get tough on crime. That has been the chorus since the 1970’s. It has been the policy since the 1980’s. And it hasn’t worked.

We got rid of Parole in Federal Prisons. Guess what? It is way more dangerous for the guards. No carrot to go with the stick. The crook has nothing to lose by getting violent. Oh he may get more time tacked on. But when he’s doing thirty years already what is five more? It is already the next thing to a life sentence.

Has Federal Crime dropped? Nope. Not a bit.

So it is more dangerous for the guards. And it hasn’t reduced crime. All it did accomplish is make morons like you imagine that we were finally getting tough on crime.

I keep saying you guys are just like the communists. And you are. You have an article of faith. A nearly religious belief. If it hasn’t worked so far. Well there are reasons. Those reasons are logical and all. It just wasn’t tough enough. It wasn’t run by the right people.

The communists are wrong. You are wrong. But you won’t see it.

It isn’t fear that keeps you from committing crime. It is a belief in right and wrong. But you believe fear will motivate others. Because you are afraid of criminals. They scare you. They offend your sense of right and wrong. You think that Daddy punished me and see how I turned out. So they need to be punished.

More than four decades of your policies have been effected. Mandatory minimums. No parole. More negative situations in prisons like solitary. And nothing has changed. But it is a religious belief. Nothing can sway you. You are the prophet of the new way.

So once again I ask. How much more are you willing to pay in taxes to build and staff all these prisons your plan needs?

I hate to break it to you but Norway is in the top ten for civilian ownership of guns worldwide.
Yet another lie. You're really good at lying. Norway is #17. Estimated number of civilian guns per capita by country - Wikipedia

What you fail to point out is that in Norway, "Gun ownership is restricted in Norway, unless one has officially documented a use for the gun. By far the most common grounds for civilian ownership are hunting and sports shooting, in that order."

In addition "The rules for having a gun at home have been tightened in recent years, with gun safes becoming mandatory, according to local Norwegian news reports, The end cap of guns must be removed before storage, and those without a gun safe must remove components of the weapon before it is stored, essentially disabling it. In addition, Norwegians have been told the vital parts of the weapon should be locked up separately."

Since when have I ever argued that criminals can't get guns, you dumbass......that's the point...gun control does not fucking work...not here, not in Europe, not in Japan, not in Australia......

British police state they can't stop the increasing flood of illegal guns into Britain....

The weapon of choice for european criminals is the fully automatic military rifle....and hand grenades...
Seems to be working just great in all the countries and continents you mentioned. When was the last time you saw any country switch from a tight gun control policy to the US free for all policy?

Gun crimes in the UK have actually decreased by 3.8% since 2018/2019. Firearm Crime Statistics: England & Wales - House of Commons Library

Show me in the Constitution where the federal government is in charge of feeding your kids. It's not in there. I can show you where the defense of our country is outlined in the document. Our founders created a country where people are responsible for taking care of themselves. Once you allow the federal government to do it for citizens, it creates the dependency we have today, and that's why we're approaching 30 trillion in debt.

Federal and state prisons are funded in their budgets. Nobody would get a tax increase by building more of them. It's a simple matter of what is prioritized in those budgets. That means it won't cost you one red cent if we did build more, it's just that something much less important won't be funded.

We've been tough on crime the last 40 years? What country do you live in? You commit a crime, you go to prison. There you get three squares a day, and if your family and friends donate to your prison account or you work, you can buy all the snacks you want. They have a workout room, a field outside to play sports, a library, cable television, computers with limited internet access, and a little private room if your wife or girlfriend wants to stop over to start a family from prison.

A late friend of mine who also plays guitar was in prison. He told me they had a hall and stage and they provide instruments for prisoners to have a band. For crying out loud, you call this being tough on crime? You say recidivism is caused by being too tough?

So what you are saying is that we should investigate ways in which we can reduce crime. Getting tough on crime which has been the standard response for 40+ years hasn’t worked. When are we going to come up with a different answer?

Never. So since we won’t even consider different answers. And we won’t even investigate options. We won’t spend the money for more prisons and jails. All we will do is bitch, moan, and complain.

Nah. I’m going to keep on with the myopic view. It is either that or get behind the proven lie that if we only got tough on criminals we could dramatically reduce crime.

Moron……you have the democrat party prosecutors and judges releasing
Or not even bringing charges against known, captured, repeat gun offenders who get released and carry more illegal guns and shoot at more people. The democrats just refused to charge 5 gang members caught on video shooting at each other….2 of whom were captured at the scene.

We have increasing gun crime because democrats have been attackimg police since 2015…and releasing violent gun offenders…

This is the exact opposite of being tough on crime…

Criminals in prison for 30-life are not shooting innocent people for 30 years or more….and the cost of keeping them locked up is worth the lives saved

Ray From Cleveland

Like I said. Screw the kids once they are born. Idiot.

Then don't have kids if you can't afford them. If it were up to me, when a person applies for any kind of welfare, they wouldn't get one dime until they were fixed first. How are we ever going to solve poverty when we encourage people in poverty to have kids they can't afford? In many cases, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree you know.

Forum List

Back