Expecting math students to get the right answer is now considered to be a form of “white supremacy”

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
Here's another example of the dumbing down of our educational system.

It's also an example of people who insist on seeing "racism" everywhere they look.

I like how they put "right" in quotes when they talk about the right answer.

From page 6 of this PDF:

Original: https://equitablemath.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/11/1_STRIDE1.pdf

Archive: Wayback Machine

Deconstructing Racism in Mathematics Instruction

White supremacy culture infiltrates math classrooms in everyday teacher actions. Coupled with the beliefs that underlie these actions, they perpetuate educational harm on Black, Latinx, and multilingual students, denying them full access to the world of mathematics.The table below identifies the ways in which white supremacy shows up in math classrooms.

Dismantling white supremacy in math classrooms

We see white supremacy culture show up in the mathematics classroom even as we carry out our professional responsibilities outlined in the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP). Using CSTPas a framework, we see white supremacy culture in the mathematics classroom can show up when:

• The focus is on getting the “right” answer.

• Independent practice is valued over teamwork or collaboration.

• “Real-world math” is valued over math in the real world.

• Students are tracked (into courses/pathways and within the classroom).

• Participation structures reinforce dominant ways of being.

It's also an example of people who insist on seeing "racism" everywhere they look.

From page 6 of this PDF:

Original: https://equitablemath.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/11/1_STRIDE1.pdf

White supremacy culture infiltrates math classrooms in everyday teacher actions. Coupled with the beliefs that underlie these actions, they perpetuate educational harm on Black, Latinx, and multilingual students, denying them full access to the world of mathematics.The table below identifies the ways in which white supremacy shows up in math classrooms.

We see white supremacy culture show up in the mathematics classroom even as we carry out our professional responsibilities outlined in the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP). Using CSTPas a framework, we see white supremacy culture in the mathematics classroom can show up when:

The left will do everything they can to keep black and brown people down.

....these are just leech organizations not academic work

Until they change the way the ACT or SAT work or do away with them...Not really a concern. The tests that matter do care if you get the right answer.

From page 6 of this PDF:

Africans invented math.....why do we expect their descendants to do math now?

Well, if I were young and a cashier, I'd make extra on every dumbass customer then. Gave me a $20 bill for a $9.57 purchase, give them back $5.43, and pocket $5.

From page 6 of this PDF:

This all about Derrida's Postmodernist philosophy. Radical Leftists believe everything, including mathematics, is a social construct or open to interpretation. In fact, the entire root or foundation of modern democrat religion (Woke-ness) depends on this ideology, this manner of interpreting the world around them.

For instance:

Democrats know that the murder of the unborn and euthanizing of the infirm and elderly is wrong, both from a basic moral standpoint AND from the viewpoint of these practices causing great harm to the continuation of the human race. But through the fallacious reasoning of Derrida's Postmodernist philosophy, they easily convince themselves and others abortion and human euthanasia can be good, moral things, from a certain twisted, anti-human point of view.

Democrats know that there are only two human sexes or genders AND that someone born male or female will always be male or female no matter what bits of their bodies someone chops off. But again, by way of Derrida, they convince themselves and others that gender/sex is a social construct with countless viable interpretations; sheer fucking madness, of course.

Well, if I were young and a cashier, I'd make extra on every dumbass customer then. Gave me a $20 bill for a $9.57 purchase, give them back $5.43, and pocket $5.

Careful, that's what Jesus got pissed off about at the Temple. The money exchangers were cheating foreigners.

I am fascinated----REALLY. Is that what your catechism whore taught you? Do you have ANY idea why Jesus hated the money changers and WHO else hated the money changers in the Court Yard of the Temple? -----a serious question---Were the money changers "PHARISEES"?

There is a correct answer. There is right, and there is wrong.

racism02.jpg

Correct answers matter a lot. There are bridges and dams and buildings and rockets to be built, medical procedures to be performed, nuclear reactors to operate, wars to be fought, millions of people to travel by sea, SUV, and airplane, etc.

It's truly incredible how right answers have dramatically increased out standard of living in only the past 100 years.

But 100 years is a nothing.

Earth is about 4.5B years old. Humans have been around about 200,000 years.

Just think what potential more right answers hold. The future will be amazing.

From page 6 of this PDF:

The really disturbing point in all of this is that I saw the words "white supremacy" five times in your post and not one coherent example of anything that was remotely racist except for some lefty's paranoid idea that everything is either white supremacy or racist.

Careful, that's what Jesus got pissed off about at the Temple. The money exchangers were cheating foreigners.

I am fascinated----REALLY. Is that what your catechism whore taught you? Do you have ANY idea why Jesus hated the money changers and WHO else hated the money changers in the Court Yard of the Temple? -----a serious question---Were the money changers "PHARISEES"?

Really.
Not Catholic.
Don't have to speculate. He told us why:
“It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you make it a den of robbers.”Matthew 21:13

So, who is it you think was doing the robbing, and who was being robbed?

From page 6 of this PDF:

:link:

From page 6 of this PDF:

:link:

For which part?

Really.
Not Catholic.
Don't have to speculate. He told us why:
“It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you make it a den of robbers.”Matthew 21:13

So, who is it you think was doing the robbing, and who was being robbed?

Very good----You read the book. More than could be said for most christians. Now----WHO IS Matthew and who said 'My house shall be called a house of prayer'---but YOU have made it a den of robbers" ??? who has made it a den of robbers? ie WHO IS "YOU"?

From page 6 of this PDF:

I have always thought that the brighter students in any given class could help out the struggling students for extra credit since no single teacher can help every student who may need the extra help.

Forum List

Back