Expanding a shower by a foot

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20210714_114448.jpg

Cut out a pony wall, cut back the wood wainscoting and pull up some of the flooring. Move the plumbing to the opposite wall.

And check out these stairs in the entry! Pretty cool.

20210714_115337.jpg

I would break my neck on those stairs. I don't look down when I walk/step and that is not a good habit with irregular stair treads.

I would break my neck on those stairs. I don't look down when I walk/step and that is not a good habit with irregular stair treads.
I build a lot of steps. These seem to have the proper tread and riser measurements that we instinctively find comfortable. Nice job.

I'm a little worried about the window. Is it going to look bunched up too close to the shower? Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Those stairs look really cool.

There is nothing more hideous than a claw foot tub. That's why all the haunted house stories put the dead body in a claw foot tub. They are so ugly, it seems natural that they hold a corpse. When we were looking at houses, the agent showed us one totally remodeled. Priced right. I took one look at that claw foot tub and walked out. If they want to make the sale, get rid of the tub.

The wainscoting isn't at all attractive either.

Forum List

Back