EXCLUSIVE: CNN, ABC, and more than a dozen media companies file legal brief JOINING Steve Bannon’s bid to lift the DOJ’s order stopping him sharing

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
What do Merrick Garland and the Biden DoJ fear? What do they want hidden and kept away from Americans?

EXCLUSIVE: CNN, ABC, and more than a dozen media companies file legal brief JOINING Steve Bannon’s bid to lift the DOJ’s order stopping him sharing 1,000 files in his contempt of Congress case
  • Prosecutors are seeking a protective order that would prohibit Bannon or his team from disclosing materials from the case
  • Justice Department says prosecutors have handed over grand jury materials, interviews, and Jan. 6th Committee emails totaling more than 1,000 pages
  • Media groups have submitted a motion arguing on Bannon's side
  • The press group argues that the government's proposed order would violate the First Amendment
  • The Feds argued in their own motion Sunday that Bannon is seeking to 'try this case in the media rather than in court'
  • Bannon was indicted this month and charged with contempt of Congress after he failed to comply with a subpoena from the House Jan. 6th committee
  • Joining in the filing are CNN, ABC, NBC, the New York Times, and the Washington Post
A coalition of major media companies has filed a legal brief in support of former Trump chief White House strategist Steven Bannon as he fights a proposed protective order in court that would keep him from publicizing Jan. 6th documents and information.​
The media group – which includes CNN, ABC, NBC, plus the Washington Post, the New York Times, and the parent company of the Wall Street Journal – filed a motion to intervene as Bannon's fights the government's proposed order as part of his contempt of Congress case.​
The order would severely limit what Bannon can do with the trove of information that the feds must share as part of the normal discovery process and have already begun handing over. According to a prior government filing, this includes more than 1,000 pages of witness testimony, grand jury material, and even emails from staff for the House Jan. 6th Committee investigating the Capitol riot.​
The press group argues that the government's proposed order would violate the First Amendment – and takes on the government's own contention that allowing Bannon to use the materials would result in pretrial publicity that could taint the jury pool.​
...​

What do Merrick Garland and the Biden DoJ fear? What do they want hidden and kept away from Americans?

EXCLUSIVE: CNN, ABC, and more than a dozen media companies file legal brief JOINING Steve Bannon’s bid to lift the DOJ’s order stopping him sharing 1,000 files in his contempt of Congress case
  • Prosecutors are seeking a protective order that would prohibit Bannon or his team from disclosing materials from the case
  • Justice Department says prosecutors have handed over grand jury materials, interviews, and Jan. 6th Committee emails totaling more than 1,000 pages
  • The press group argues that the government's proposed order would violate the First Amendment
  • The Feds argued in their own motion Sunday that Bannon is seeking to 'try this case in the media rather than in court'
  • Bannon was indicted this month and charged with contempt of Congress after he failed to comply with a subpoena from the House Jan. 6th committee
  • Joining in the filing are CNN, ABC, NBC, the New York Times, and the Washington Post
A coalition of major media companies has filed a legal brief in support of former Trump chief White House strategist Steven Bannon as he fights a proposed protective order in court that would keep him from publicizing Jan. 6th documents and information.​
The media group – which includes CNN, ABC, NBC, plus the Washington Post, the New York Times, and the parent company of the Wall Street Journal – filed a motion to intervene as Bannon's fights the government's proposed order as part of his contempt of Congress case.​
The order would severely limit what Bannon can do with the trove of information that the feds must share as part of the normal discovery process and have already begun handing over. According to a prior government filing, this includes more than 1,000 pages of witness testimony, grand jury material, and even emails from staff for the House Jan. 6th Committee investigating the Capitol riot.​
The press group argues that the government's proposed order would violate the First Amendment – and takes on the government's own contention that allowing Bannon to use the materials would result in pretrial publicity that could taint the jury pool.​
...​

That's very interesting....

...​

WOW!!!

My gast is officially flabbered!

7dfcbec0e389082663425cb3e98ab180.jpg

This is a very interesting legal development.

it will be fascinating to see how it evolves.

If we assume for a moment that Bannon is really attempting to say, “see? I have nothing to hide” then maybe his move has merit. But it’s curious that the news outlets would play along. They are not looking for truth. They are just hoping that shit will hit the fan and that they can use the shit to smear Trump.

The prosecution of Bannon is but a sideshow.

All that said, it’s not like Bannon wasn’t actually and legally in contempt. I hold Congress in contempt too. But I always recommend that citizens should follow Constitutional laws if compliance is ethical.

If I were to offer unsolicited lay advice to Bannon, it would be this: agree to turn over the subpoenaed materials (certified copies or whatever) and agree to testify before Congress if the DOJ agrees to handle this as a civil matter and and not criminally prosecute him for contempt.

Disagree.

The prosecution of Bannon is an intimidation play.....That's why he's not playing along.
Yeah. To the government the prosecution is intimidation. I wasn’t clear. I agree with that.

I meant to the media the prosecution is a sideshow. They couldn’t give a rat’s ass about Bannon or a fair trial. It’s theater to them.

I suspect they are “siding” with him only to get their hands on the “dirt” asap.

The “government” wants Bannon to testify? Ok. Cave in, Steve. Testify. Assuming you ARE telling the truth, testify and give them a few truth bombs.

Last edited:
I suspect they are “siding” with him only to get their hands on the “dirt” asap. W

the “government” wants Bannon to testify? Ok. Cave in, Steve. Testify. Assuming you ARE telling the truth, testify and give them a few truth bombs.
Y'know.....It's kinda nice not to have to use the brain all the time. :laugh2:

Yeah. To the government the prosecution is intimidation. I wasn’t clear. I agree with that.

I meant to the media the prosecution is a sideshow. They couldn’t give a rat’s ass about Bannon or a fair trial. It’s theater to them.

I suspect they are “siding” with him only to get their hands on the “dirt” asap.

The “government” wants Bannon to testify? Ok. Cave in, Steve. Testify. Assuming you ARE telling the truth, testify and give them a few truth bombs.
Hmmmm....Passing the brain around like this again is like a snow globe of thoughts.

What if Bannon's refusal to comply is a "OH NO!....DON'T THROW ME IN THE BRIAR PATCH!" play?

hmmmmmmmmmmm......

excalibur
I have to agree. Just why would they want to stop his sharing?? Kinda funny that. He should share it all and those networks will surely want that info. LOL

Forum List

Back