Exactly why was Obama gun running in "Fast and Furious"?

I think it was just incompetence on his part, but the wingnuts on this board aren't about to accept that simple of an answer. It has to be some dark, insidious plot to take away American's guns. Then probably something involving FEMA camps.

No, actually incompetence explains a lot. To sell weapons in order to track them, but failing to install any kind of tracking mechanism is definitely incompetence. Blaming others instead of manning up and admitting the mistake points to a character flaw.

Had it not been exposed, I do think they would have taken advantage of the screw up to further the gun control issue. Whether they have the ability to think that far ahead and actually plan something to further their agenda is a stretch. That would take some intelligence, so incompetence is a more likely fact.

As moronic as that rationalization is, that is what the NRA claims and the idiots swallow that bullshit whole. The guns ended up in Mexico because the NRA made it impossible to stop them and fabricated that bullshit rationalization to cover their blood covered asses. The NRA, being nothing but shills for the gun industry, lobby to prevent the government from blocking gunrunning to Mexico because the gun industry wants to sell more guns.

How did the NRA make it impossible for the government to stop the gunrunning when it was the government doing the gunrunning in the first place?

The whole thing was a manufactured crisis. Get Mexicans killing each other, tie it into American gun sales, and try to get the average American to demand government "do something" meaning more gun laws. The whole thing blew up in Obama's face when Brian Terry got killed with one of those guns Obama sent to Mexico.

How many thousands in Mexico have been killed because of Obama's policy of arming the cartels?

The NRA made it nearly impossible in Arizona to bring a case against a straw purchaser. Prosecutors there did not consider the purchase of a huge volume of guns, or their handoff to a third party, *sufficient evidence to seize them. A buyer who certified that the guns were for himself, then handed them off minutes later, hadn't necessarily lied and was free to change his mind. Even if a suspect bought 10 guns that were recovered days later at a Mexican crime scene, this didn't mean the initial purchase had been illegal. To these prosecutors, the pattern proved little. Thanks to the NRA, agents needed to link specific evidence of intent to commit a crime to each gun they wanted to seize.

It is the NRA policy to arm the cartels and the people to fight the cartels so the gun industry can sell more guns to both sides.

Obama wanted to create international impact of American guns as to bring about an international solution.

images

Holder and Obama were accomplices.

R.I.P. Brian

It is the NRA policy to arm the cartels and the people to fight the cartels so the gun industry can sell more guns to both sides.

At least the NRA wants the cartels to pay for their guns instead of giving guns to them like Obama did...

At least the NRA wants the cartels to pay for their guns instead of giving guns to them like Obama did...

Liar!

OK, fair enough, Obama did charge the drug gangs for the guns, so he sold them instead of giving them. Does that correction really make you feel that much better?

I'm pretty sure that when Obama and Holder dropped off their last crate to the Sinaloa drug cartel down in Mexico they told the leader specifically "To make sure they kill hundreds of Americans so we can have a good excuse to 'Grab their Guns'"!

Damn you Obama!!!!!!!!!

Read all about it right here.

The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal - Fortune Features

typical far leftwinger...make fun of deaths caused by an obama scandal in order to defend obama

pathetic

Liar!

OK, fair enough, Obama did charge the drug gangs for the guns, so he sold them instead of giving them. Does that correction really make you feel that much better?

You are still lying! The gun shops charged the straw purchasers who are protected from prosecution by the NRA. Obama was not involved in any transaction.

You are still lying! The gun shops charged the straw purchasers who are protected from prosecution by the NRA. Obama was not involved in any transaction.

Whatever anyone in the Federal government did while W was President during his administration was his personal fault. Obama's not responsible for what his own administration does. Got it.

I'm pretty sure that when Obama and Holder dropped off their last crate to the Sinaloa drug cartel down in Mexico they told the leader specifically "To make sure they kill hundreds of Americans so we can have a good excuse to 'Grab their Guns'"!

Damn you Obama!!!!!!!!!

typical far leftwinger...make fun of deaths caused by an obama scandal in order to defend obama

pathetic

Actually I'm making fun of the dumbshits who believe the BS story that the ATF or the US Government was actually gunrunning.

Besides "Guns don't kill people, people kill people".

Whatever anyone in the Federal government did while W was President during his administration was his personal fault. Obama's not responsible for what his own administration does. Got it.

The NRA made it illegal to create a federal database of the serial numbers of the guns sold to straw purchasers. Local agents got gun dealers to give them serial numbers of suspected straw purchasers so the agents could get a court order to tap the phones of the straw purchasers in hopes of catching them planning to resell the guns in advance of buying them since the NRA made it impossible to prosecute the straw purchasers after the guns were resold. It was while the local agents were jumping through the hoops the NRA put in place that Brian Terry was killed. Thank you NRA!

Damn you Obama!!!!!!!!!

pathetic

Actually I'm making fun of the dumbshits who believe the BS story that the ATF or the US Government was actually gunrunning.

you're being naive. if you know someone is going to kill and you give them a gun, you are responsible. but i know you will never hold obama responsible for anything.

pathetic

you're being naive. if you know someone is going to kill and you give them a gun, you are responsible. but i know you will never hold obama responsible for anything.

It was NRA policy, codified by the GOP in Arizona, that made guns availabvle to the Mexican drug cartels. How do the actions of the NRA make Obama responsible???? :cuckoo:

pathetic

If you must blame someone or something beside the thieves who did it, blame Arizona's lax Gun Laws.

Now you are the liar. The NRA cannot prevent prosecution of anyone. They are not a government entity.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

If you must blame someone or something beside the thieves who did it, blame Arizona's lax Gun Laws.

the ATF purposely allowed the guns to be sold illegally

please stop being a shill for obama

Nearly all the guns were sold in Az. legally. ATF agents suspected that they were being purchased by straw buyers.

NRA-ILA | Arizona

The NRA made it illegal to create a federal database of the serial numbers of the guns sold to straw purchasers. Local agents got gun dealers to give them serial numbers of suspected straw purchasers so the agents could get a court order to tap the phones of the straw purchasers in hopes of catching them planning to resell the guns in advance of buying them since the NRA made it impossible to prosecute the straw purchasers after the guns were resold. It was while the local agents were jumping through the hoops the NRA put in place that Brian Terry was killed. Thank you NRA!

Wow, I didn't know they had the power to write and pass laws. And seriously, you blame the NRA because the Obama administration had to follow the Constitution and the law while he sold weapons to drug gangs? I guess he was so used to not following the law it never occurred to him to have this all arranged before he started selling weapons ... to the drug gangs ...

Nearly all the guns were sold in Az. legally. ATF agents suspected that they were being purchased by straw buyers.

NRA-ILA | Arizona

what does that have to with the fact the ATF allowed illegal sales? it is the same as a bar owner giving a drink to someone he knows is too drunk.

Forum List

Back