Ex Marine with ptsd won the million dollars on survivor.

I feel these shows are a bit cut throat and encourage cowardly, lowly behavior, though I understand the appeal to watch the negotiating, backstabbing and challenges.

There was a show which was the original idea for this one I believe many years ago, Australia I think. They would drop people in pairs off in some rainforest or island of some sort with limited provisions and a GPS beacon to track them. Their objective was to reach a certain point in the locale first. They had odd pairings, such as a scientist with a trucker or what have you. Most cracked when they were forced to eat bugs to survive or it rained and they had poor cover to sleep.

Anyways, to each their own, I just prefer these more challenging survival ideas which really define the word "survivor". This show should be renamed "office politics".

• Banned
I feel these shows are a bit cut throat and encourage cowardly, lowly behavior, though I understand the appeal to watch the negotiating, backstabbing and challenges.

There was a show which was the original idea for this one I believe many years ago, Australia I think. They would drop people in pairs off in some rainforest or island of some sort with limited provisions and a GPS beacon to track them. Their objective was to reach a certain point in the locale first. They had odd pairings, such as a scientist with a trucker or what have you. Most cracked when they were forced to eat bugs to survive or it rained and they had poor cover to sleep.

Anyways, to each their own, I just prefer these more challenging survival ideas which really define the word "survivor". This show should be renamed "office politics".
Outwit, outplay, outlast. Survivor is the perfect name.

Your definition of "survivor" is quite shallow & narrow minded. It's like saying cancer "survivors" aren't really "survivors" because they didn't near starve to death on a tropical island or in a desert.

You sound like those crybabies at the end of every season who cry because they were betrayed or misled in a game about betrayal lol.

Your definition of "survivor" is quite shallow & narrow minded. It's like saying cancer "survivors" aren't really "survivors" because they didn't near starve to death on a tropical island or in a desert.

You sound like those crybabies at the end of every season who cry because they were betrayed or misled in a game about betrayal lol.

No, I wouldn't engage in the game as it's not my thing. Whether it was school or sports, I figured those I compete against can't try and fake they are best, they have to earn it and it's the principles I have lived by, ironically in a centralized, government heavy system. I took pride in winning, but accepted if I lost fair and square. Of all the sports I enjoyed, I liked wrestling best as it was the greatest battle of fairness. Very little refereeing, no way to fake a pin.

I watched the show a season or two years ago, once because I was in a pool at work, as I said I understand the appeal. Haven't seen it since.

I find it unrealistic and counter productive to see how often someone is voted off because they are seen as a threat or too strong. I figure it's no wonder kids in school are happy with blue ribbons, the message is too often "don't worry about it. Even if you're incompetent and weak, you can always con your way to the top".

Anyways, maybe my opinion wasn't welcome and as I say, to each their own. The whole Reality TV thing just isn't as appealing to me and it's over saturated. Honey Boo Boo is a case in point, that trash was a top rated show. I mean what in the...

Last edited:
  • Banned

No, I wouldn't engage in the game as it's not my thing. Whether it was school or sports, I figured those I compete against can't try and fake they are best, they have to earn it and it's the principled I have lived by, ironically in a centralized, government heavy system. I watched the show a season or two years ago, once because I was in a pool at work, as I said I understand the appeal. Haven't seen it since.

I find it unrealistic and counter productive to see how often someone is voted off because they are seen as a threat or too strong. I figure it's no wonder kids in school are happy with blue ribbons, the message is too often "don't worry about it. Even if you're incompetent and weak, you can always con your way to the top".

Anyways, maybe my opinion wasn't welcome and as I say, to each their own. The whole Reality TV thing just isn't as appealing to me and it's over saturated. Honey Boo Boo is a case in point, that trash was a top rated show. I mean what in the...
Survivor is a game show. I never considered it reality or anything similar to reality. I find it odd that anyone would since it doesn't in any way resemble a reality any of us have experienced.

No, I wouldn't engage in the game as it's not my thing. Whether it was school or sports, I figured those I compete against can't try and fake they are best, they have to earn it and it's the principled I have lived by, ironically in a centralized, government heavy system. I watched the show a season or two years ago, once because I was in a pool at work, as I said I understand the appeal. Haven't seen it since.

Survivor is a game show. I never considered it reality or anything similar to reality. I find it odd that anyone would since it doesn't in any way resemble a reality any of us have experienced.

It is the original Reality TV show. They developed the entire genre really. You follow contestants in their existence for weeks on end, it is not scripted or pre written only slightly controlled environment. Yes, it's a Reality Show.

• Banned

It is the original Reality TV show. They developed the entire genre really. You follow contestants in their existence for weeks on end, it is not scripted or pre written only slightly controlled environment. Yes, it's a Reality Show.
Naw, it really isn't. Just because it isn't "fiction" doesn't make it reality.

Cops was a reality show. It showed everyday people doing their everyday routines. Both the good & the bad.

Survivor shows contestants competing for a million bucks.

Forum List

Back