Ex-Baseball Coach Gets 18 Years in Sexting Case

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A former New Jersey high school baseball coach convicted of child endangerment was sentenced Tuesday to 18
years in prison after apologizing to the families of his victims.

Bartholomew McInerney of Spring Lake Heights was found guilty in January of 10 counts of child endangerment for sexually explicit conversations and text messages with players and former players.

Before he was sentenced in Superior Court in Freehold, McInerney said he would never have intentionally hurt anyone.

Players testified McInerney offered them cash for text messages describing masturbation.

Ex-Baseball Coach Gets 18 Years In Sexting Case - New Jersey 101.5 FM

Fair sentence?

A former New Jersey high school baseball coach convicted of child endangerment was sentenced Tuesday to 18

Bartholomew McInerney of Spring Lake Heights was found guilty in January of 10 counts of child endangerment for sexually explicit conversations and text messages with players and former players.

Before he was sentenced in Superior Court in Freehold, McInerney said he would never have intentionally hurt anyone.

Players testified McInerney offered them cash for text messages describing masturbation.

Fair sentence?

Yes!

Well I agree with ya there syrenn, but it just strikes me as awful long. There are child rapists that get far less than that. Obviously this guy was headed there, but that's not what he was convicted for. Shitty lawyer?

Well I agree with ya there syrenn, but it just strikes me as awful long. There are child rapists that get far less than that. Obviously this guy was headed there, but that's not what he was convicted for. Shitty lawyer?

I think child rapists need to go to jail for life,their crime told to every prisoner and have them thrown into general population.

He was most likely given the max. sentence, for each count. So less then two years per count is rather fair.

I'm curious what the "unlimited free speech" freaks on here have to say. I guarantee a few will argue he committed no crime.

You mean the ones who make excuses for Fred Phelps and his gang, like NRAForLife and his ilk?

Me too, I'd like to hear what he/they say.

I say lock him up and forget where ya put him.

I might add, that the parents of the kids involved, need to really have a long talk with their kid for participating in it.
Not saying they are at fault in any way, but they (the kids) need to be taught that there are preditors out there.

Last edited:
I'm curious what the "unlimited free speech" freaks on here have to say. I guarantee a few will argue he committed no crime.

Agreed. I haven't run into the "unlimited free speech" freaks before - and I have been posting on political message boards now for six years. What is it - a relatively new, conservative talking point?

This guy committed a crime. It isn't worth anywhere near 18 years, however.

Oh I've read many a discussion on sexting and internet solicitations. There's always a few NAMBLA rights supporters as well.

Glad we're pretty much on the same page here. Kids in NJ are a little safer today.

He must have turned down a plea deal and probably using the "free speech" defense.

No, the sentence seems a bit high for me. 5-10 may be a little closer to the mark here for me. Considering that he did not make contact or coerce anyone to make contact with others an 18 year sentence is quite high, particularly considering these were high school students. Teenagers in high school are a very different story from children.

Fair sentence?

They should've gone for an even 20. Child endangerment cases bother me.

You mean the ones who make excuses for Fred Phelps and his gang, like NRAForLife and his ilk?

Me too, I'd like to hear what he/they say.

Damn straight FP has an absolute Constitutional Right and Christian Obligation to stir the pot as he does. Sad that soooo very many nominal xian sheeple can't bear to have their Beloved Wars (which are a Curse on America) linked to homosexuality- the Well Tolerated Vice which is Clear and Present proof that America (including xian amerika) DESERVES to fall under God's Judgement.

As to the OP- The Law is once again an Ass in this case. The coach is a slimy jerk who deserves to loose his job, but prison is completely an over reach by the State. This is a family/local community issue which should have been handled by some Fathers/Uncles/adult Cousins kicking this turd to the curb & then dumping his bruised/bleeding body on the ER front steps.

BTW kids don't need cellphones and 'parents' who indulge them are fucking idiots.

Fair sentence?

No he should have gotten more prison time.

Fair sentence?

No, 18 years for messages? Not even.

Fair sentence?

No he should have gotten more prison time.

Care to elaborate on why you believe that? What infliction has he given to the victims here that 18 years is comparable to? What were his action that add up to an 18 year sentence. Methinks you have not read the story.

Well it sounds like harassment but I don't know all the details.

Oh and care to point to anyone who thinks slander, libel, inciting a riot and harassment should be legalized?

Because that's what an unlimited right to free speech would entail.

Forum List

Back