Ex-adviser: Trump embraced sham conspiracy theory

Huh..it seems that Giuliani is the worst thing to happen to Trump since he was elected--constantly trotting out debunked conspiracy theories...and urging him to ignore the good advice of his advisors:

Trump Was Repeatedly Warned That Ukraine Conspiracy Theory Was ā€˜Completely Debunkedā€™

"President Trump was repeatedly warned by his own staff that the Ukraine conspiracy theory that he and his lawyer were pursuing was ā€œcompletely debunkedā€ long before the president pressed Ukraine this summer to investigate his Democratic rivals, a former top adviser said on Sunday.
Thomas P. Bossert, who served as Mr. Trumpā€™s first homeland security adviser, said he told the president there was no basis to the theory that Ukraine, not Russia, intervened in the 2016 election and did so on behalf of the Democrats. Speaking out for the first time, Mr. Bossert said he was ā€œdeeply disturbedā€ that Mr. Trump nonetheless tried to get Ukraineā€™s president to produce damaging information about Democrats.

Mr. Bossertā€™s comments, on the ABC program ā€œThis Weekā€ and in a subsequent telephone interview, underscored the danger to the president as the House moves ahead with an inquiry into whether he abused his power for political gain. Other former aides to Mr. Trump said on Sunday that he refused to accept reassurances about Ukraine no matter how many times it was explained to him, instead subscribing to an unsubstantiated narrative that has now brought him to the brink of impeachment.

As Republicans struggled to defend the president on Sunday, Mr. Bossertā€™s remarks offered a hint of cracks in the Republicansā€™ armor. While Mr. Bossert was forced out in 2018 when John R. Bolton became national security adviser, he has remained publicly loyal until now to a president who prizes fealty above all else.
ā€œIt is completely debunked,ā€ Mr. Bossert said of the Ukraine theory on ABC. Speaking with George Stephanopoulos, Mr. Bossert blamed Mr. Giuliani for filling the presidentā€™s head with misinformation. ā€œI am deeply frustrated with what he and the legal team is doing and repeating that debunked theory to the president. It sticks in his mind when he hears it over and over again, and for clarity here, George, let me just again repeat that it has no validity.ā€

Other former aides said separately on Sunday that the president had a particular weakness for conspiracy theories involving Ukraine, which in the past three years has become the focus of far-right media outlets and political figures. Mr. Trump was more willing to listen to outside advisers like Mr. Giuliani than his own national security team.
Mr. Trump has known Mr. Giuliani, the former New York mayor, for years and likes his pugnacious approach and the fact that he never pushes back, said one former aide, who like others asked not to be identified discussing internal matters. Mr. Giuliani would ā€œfeed Trump all kinds of garbageā€ that created ā€œa real problem for all of us,ā€ said the former aide."
Well you're wrong.
This post is BS.

I think you..like many..if not most...miss the point of the whole exercise..from Putin's point of view. The operation was not to get any one person elected..the point was to sow distrust in the electoral process and to pour gasoline on our ongoing culture wars.

No---I do not think the Russia got Trump elected..we did that to ourselves.
That's what all spy agencies around the world do, and have done for decades....But 2016 was an especially egregious instance of this because....?

Huh..it seems that Giuliani is the worst thing to happen to Trump since he was elected--constantly trotting out debunked conspiracy theories...and urging him to ignore the good advice of his advisors:

Trump Was Repeatedly Warned That Ukraine Conspiracy Theory Was ā€˜Completely Debunkedā€™

"President Trump was repeatedly warned by his own staff that the Ukraine conspiracy theory that he and his lawyer were pursuing was ā€œcompletely debunkedā€ long before the president pressed Ukraine this summer to investigate his Democratic rivals, a former top adviser said on Sunday.
Thomas P. Bossert, who served as Mr. Trumpā€™s first homeland security adviser, said he told the president there was no basis to the theory that Ukraine, not Russia, intervened in the 2016 election and did so on behalf of the Democrats. Speaking out for the first time, Mr. Bossert said he was ā€œdeeply disturbedā€ that Mr. Trump nonetheless tried to get Ukraineā€™s president to produce damaging information about Democrats.

Mr. Bossertā€™s comments, on the ABC program ā€œThis Weekā€ and in a subsequent telephone interview, underscored the danger to the president as the House moves ahead with an inquiry into whether he abused his power for political gain. Other former aides to Mr. Trump said on Sunday that he refused to accept reassurances about Ukraine no matter how many times it was explained to him, instead subscribing to an unsubstantiated narrative that has now brought him to the brink of impeachment.

As Republicans struggled to defend the president on Sunday, Mr. Bossertā€™s remarks offered a hint of cracks in the Republicansā€™ armor. While Mr. Bossert was forced out in 2018 when John R. Bolton became national security adviser, he has remained publicly loyal until now to a president who prizes fealty above all else.
ā€œIt is completely debunked,ā€ Mr. Bossert said of the Ukraine theory on ABC. Speaking with George Stephanopoulos, Mr. Bossert blamed Mr. Giuliani for filling the presidentā€™s head with misinformation. ā€œI am deeply frustrated with what he and the legal team is doing and repeating that debunked theory to the president. It sticks in his mind when he hears it over and over again, and for clarity here, George, let me just again repeat that it has no validity.ā€

Other former aides said separately on Sunday that the president had a particular weakness for conspiracy theories involving Ukraine, which in the past three years has become the focus of far-right media outlets and political figures. Mr. Trump was more willing to listen to outside advisers like Mr. Giuliani than his own national security team.
Mr. Trump has known Mr. Giuliani, the former New York mayor, for years and likes his pugnacious approach and the fact that he never pushes back, said one former aide, who like others asked not to be identified discussing internal matters. Mr. Giuliani would ā€œfeed Trump all kinds of garbageā€ that created ā€œa real problem for all of us,ā€ said the former aide."
russia
now ukraine

if we're going to go after sham conspiracies, lets get them all. this selective enforcement of bullshit is why we're so at odds.
Russia is an open-ended thing--the collusion was BS...the fact that they did interfere in our elective process is a fact. But for some reason, Trump is resistant to that fact..preferring to believe right-wing pundits and Giuliani rather than his own intelligence agencies.

That is what has led him to this point.
how did they interfere? i'm never clear on what they did that was illegal. most i've seen are them posing as "us" in some fanatical group with crap that is sure to incite the opposite fanatical group.

so tell me - what did they do to interfere and just what impact did they have? if you go to facebook ads i will tell you to go look again cause i've looked at around 20% of those ads and only around 2% of that 20% were VOTE FOR ME one way or the other. the rest were simply YOU SUCK NO YOU SUCK getting our extremes riled up and fighting.
I think you..like many..if not most...miss the point of the whole exercise..from Putin's point of view. The operation was not to get any one person elected..the point was to sow distrust in the electoral process and to pour gasoline on our ongoing culture wars.

No---I do not think that Russia got Trump elected..we did that to ourselves.
i think that is my point exactly; except i don't think it was about JUST the election and trying to sway things one way or another. he was just wanting to start a fire, any fire, knowing we'd do the rest.

he was right.

the election was secondary from what i've seen and researched. all this hate was the goal and look around. again; he was right.

but we do agree we're doing this to ourselves at this point.

Russia is an open-ended thing--the collusion was BS...the fact that they did interfere in our elective process is a fact. But for some reason, Trump is resistant to that fact..preferring to believe right-wing pundits and Giuliani rather than his own intelligence agencies.

"Interfering" and having any affect on the outcome are two different things...."Intel" spooks from the four corners of the globe -including our own- "interfere" in elections all the time....And the word of Murican "intelligence" agency" spooks are more suspect than any other.
Agreed..but what is apparent is that the Ukraine did NOT interfere with our election process..that the Ukraine did NOT collude with the Democrats to 'hack' a server...and that the entire Crowdstrike narrative is false....

That's what all spy agencies around the world do, and have done for decades....But 2016 was an especially egregious instance of this because....?
Because of its overwhelming success. Which continues to this day.

and russia isn't doing anything at all at this point that we know of.

all this RUSSIA whining is much like little kids angry they're being picked on at recess. that's what we sound like right now.

Agreed..but what is apparent is that the Ukraine did NOT interfere with our election process..that the Ukraine did NOT collude with the Democrats to 'hack' a server...and that the entire Crowdstrike narrative is false....
CrowdStrike is the company that claimed that RUSSIA! hacked the DNC, which we now know is a lie because the transfer rate of the info taken was too high to have gone out the internet.....It was an inside job....CrowdStrike lied.

Nonsense.

Yes..totally full of shit. He was fired because he was corrupt and refused to pursue corruption.
According to the same Murican media that propped up the RUSSIA! hoax for over two years.

Do you have a single skeptical bone in your body?
Oh yes....yes I do. But i do not depend on the MSM for my news....and because some things are slanted does not mean that they are factually untrue. Again...some of the Russia thing was hot air and hoax...and some was not. Trick is discerning one from the other..amidst all the blather..and partisan lying.

As for the prosecutor..his reputation was well known....and Biden's actions were discussed and agreed to..before he ever went on that trip. It was US policy to force the Prosecutor out....Biden and his son are just a distraction now anyway. Let the chips fall...but hanging Biden is not going to save Trump.

CrowdStrike is the company that claimed that RUSSIA! hacked the DNC, which we now know is a lie because the transfer rate of the info taken was too high to have gone out the internet.....It was an inside job....CrowdStrike lied.
cloudstrike has a lot of fun questions around them these days.

Jew York Times...nuff said.
ROTFLMAO! How very lucky for you..that you have that remark all ready to trot out..instead of doing what you are completely incapable of..addressing what was said.

This will no doubt turn into a thread bashing the NYT and MSM...in a vain attempt to alter the reality that Trump is playing a card that does not exist--with his Ukraine conspiracy theory.
NYT? What's the point?

Yes..totally full of shit. He was fired because he was corrupt and refused to pursue corruption.
According to the same Murican media that propped up the RUSSIA! hoax for over two years.

Do you have a single skeptical bone in your body?
Oh yes....yes I do. But i do not depend on the MSM for my news....and because some things are slanted does not mean that they are factually untrue. Again...some of the Russia thing was hot air and hoax...and some was not. Trick is discerning one from the other..amidst all the blather..and partisan lying.

As for the prosecutor..his reputation was well known....and Biden's actions were discussed and agreed to..before he ever went on that trip. It was US policy to force the Prosecutor out....Biden and his son are just a distraction now anyway. Let the chips fall...but hanging Biden is not going to save Trump.
ALL of the RUSSIA! thing, insofar as what the Mule was "investigating", was a hoax....100%.

I don't GAF about any of the alleged reputations of intel agency swampers....Those of Comey, McCabe, and Mueller were supposed to be impeccable, and we later found out what lies those were...They're even more suspect when a proven career hack like Seffy Stepsonallofus trots them out as a "credible source".

Nonsense.

Symantec Blogs
Russian Twitter Trolling Split Between Liberal and Conservative Messages - Frontpagemag

Nonsense.

Symantec Blogs
Russian Twitter Trolling Split Between Liberal and Conservative Messages - Frontpagemag
So what?....That proves nothing more than what we've known about outside shit stirrers for decades.

russia
now ukraine

if we're going to go after sham conspiracies, lets get them all. this selective enforcement of bullshit is why we're so at odds.

You have to love those that can't see the forest for the trees.
You claim that it was debunked yet Biden made a point of bragging about it. The Ukranian prosecutor claims that he was fired because of Biden. So not only is the prosecutor lieing but Biden is?

In case you did not notice 44 was the president that was in office and in charge during the 2016 election. He was supposedly told that the Russians were involved in our election. He chose to ignore it ( I won't even speculate as to why). Suddenly Trump is somehow suspect because he also is following the same path as 44.

You can't get any more lost then that.

Nonsense.

Symantec Blogs
So what?....That proves nothing more than what we've known about outside shit stirrers for decades.
Too funny. He proved you wrong. Deal with it.

Nonsense.

Symantec Blogs
Too funny. He proved you wrong. Deal with it.
He didn't prove jack shit wrong...All he did was post a link to the site of a well known neocon shit stirrer.

As to the substance, outside agencies have been trying to whip up dissent in foreign nations for as long as they've existed...Not a new development.

Ukraine didn't interfere with the 2016 election and you can make a case that neither did Russia except to stir up their comrades on the American left with propaganda designed to undermine faith in the electoral process. That having been said there is ample proof that the Obama admin. used at least one foreign agent's fake "dossier" to obtain a FISA warrant to engage in an illegal surveillance of a political opponent.

Forum List

Back