Evolution / creation

‘If you want to deny evolution and live in your world that’s completely inconsistent with everything we observe in the universe, that’s fine. But don’t make your kids do it. Because we need them. We need scientifically literate voters and taxpayers for the future. We need engineers that can build stuff, solve problems.’

Why Bill Nye Is Right To Warn Against Creationism - Forbes

Bill Nye: Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Children - YouTube

Bill Nye is an Actor not a science guy all he has is a bachelor in science.

We've seen millions of generations of bacteria in the pursuit of scientific research...far more that the possible total generations of all larger forms of life on Earth...yet the bacteria has never "evolved" into a high form of life.

Bacteria HAS exhibited many mutations and natural selection...but there is not a single instance of evolutionary change...after millions of generations of laboratory study, *it's still bacteria.

You haven't watched long enough.

Typical dodge...we've seen more generations of bacteria than all possible generations of animals ever possible...it that same span, *according to Macro-evolutionist, *every animal on earth evolved from random inorganics.

Creating Life in the Lab: How New Discoveries in Synthetic Biology Make a Case for the Creator (Reasons to Believe) (Paperback)

*Creating Life in the Lab: How New Discoveries in Synthetic Biology Make a Case for the Creator (Reasons to Believe):Amazon:Books

Because, obviously, if man can create life then God could have done it. *And if God could have, then he must have.

**That's Logic.

------------------------------------

"Life As We Know It Nearly Created in Lab"

"Specifically, the researchers synthesized RNA enzymes that can replicate themselves without the help of any proteins or other cellular components, and the process proceeds indefinitely. "Immortalized" RNA, they call it, at least within the limited conditions of a laboratory.

More significantly, the scientists then mixed different RNA enzymes that had replicated, along with some of the raw material they were working with, and let them compete in what's sure to be the next big hit: "Survivor: Test Tube."

Remarkably, they bred.

And now and then, one of these survivors would screw up, binding with some other bit of raw material it hadn't been using. Hmm. That's exactly what life forms do ..."

Life As We Know It Nearly Created in Lab | LiveScience

---------------------

Time to change the subject. *Got it.

What do you have?

No subject change. *
Hypothesis A: God *
Hypothesis B: Self replication
** * Hypothesis B.1 Self Replicating Molecules
** * Hypothesis B.2 Self organizing cells

If you can't follow along, that's a personal issue. *A lack of knowedge doesn't equate to knowledge lacks.

Press Release 12-009*
Biologists Replicate Key Evolutionary Step in Life on Earth

"Follow how single-celled organisms began forming multi-cellular clusters"

"The yeast "evolved" into multi-cellular clusters that work together cooperatively, reproduce and adapt to their environment--in essence, they became precursors to life on Earth as it is today."

nsf.gov - National Science Foundation (NSF) News - Biologists Replicate Key Evolutionary Step in Life on Earth - US National Science Foundation (NSF)

I have a serious question, does anyone here think progressive ideas are slowing down human evolution? my thinking goes alone the lines of seat belts in cars, helmets for people riding bikes, health care, people living longer...We are saving the dumb genes and what about abortion? are we not killing off some smart genes? interesting.

‘If you want to deny evolution and live in your world that’s completely inconsistent with everything we observe in the universe, that’s fine. But don’t make your kids do it. Because we need them. We need scientifically literate voters and taxpayers for the future. We need engineers that can build stuff, solve problems.’

Here I thought the subject was Creationism, not Bill Nye' education.
What education is required to express an opinion?
And your degree is in what?

You haven't watched long enough.

Typical dodge...we've seen more generations of bacteria than all possible generations of animals ever possible...it that same span, *according to Macro-evolutionist, *every animal on earth evolved from random inorganics.

Creating Life in the Lab: How New Discoveries in Synthetic Biology Make a Case for the Creator (Reasons to Believe) (Paperback)

*Creating Life in the Lab: How New Discoveries in Synthetic Biology Make a Case for the Creator (Reasons to Believe):Amazon:Books

Because, obviously, if man can create life then God could have done it. *And if God could have, then he must have.

**That's Logic.

------------------------------------

"Life As We Know It Nearly Created in Lab"

"Specifically, the researchers synthesized RNA enzymes that can replicate themselves without the help of any proteins or other cellular components, and the process proceeds indefinitely. "Immortalized" RNA, they call it, at least within the limited conditions of a laboratory.

More significantly, the scientists then mixed different RNA enzymes that had replicated, along with some of the raw material they were working with, and let them compete in what's sure to be the next big hit: "Survivor: Test Tube."

Remarkably, they bred.

And now and then, one of these survivors would screw up, binding with some other bit of raw material it hadn't been using. Hmm. That's exactly what life forms do ..."

Life As We Know It Nearly Created in Lab | LiveScience

---------------------

What do you have?

No subject change. *

If you can't follow along, that's a personal issue. *A lack of knowedge doesn't equate to knowledge lacks.

Press Release 12-009*

"The yeast "evolved" into multi-cellular clusters that work together cooperatively, reproduce and adapt to their environment--in essence, they became precursors to life on Earth as it is today."

nsf.gov - National Science Foundation (NSF) News - Biologists Replicate Key Evolutionary Step in Life on Earth - US National Science Foundation (NSF)

Still all yeast...

He studied under Carl sagan
Compared to some slack jawed bible thumping inbred who has a doctorate in creation science for a bible school run out of someones trailer house?

“Dr. Richard Bliss, Curriculum Mgr. for the Institute for Creation Research, got his "doctorate" from an unaccredited diploma mill operating out of a hotel.
Dr. Kelly Segraves, Co-founder of the Creation Science Research Center, says he got his "doctorate" from "Christian University" which doesn't exist.
Dr. Harold Slusher, Co-founder of the Creation Research Society, got his "doctorate" from an unaccredited diploma mill operating out of a post office box.
Dr. Cliffford Burdick of the Creation Research Society got his "doctorate" from another post office box in Phoenix.
Dr. Carl Baugh of the Creation Evidences Museum got his "doctorate" from an unaccredited bible college on the grounds of a church.
Dr. Kent Hovind (Dr. Dino) of the Creation Science Evangelism Ministry (now in prison) got his "doctorate" from an unaccredited mail order outfit called 'Patriot University'.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I have a serious question, does anyone here think progressive ideas are slowing down human evolution? my thinking goes alone the lines of seat belts in cars, helmets for people riding bikes, health care, people living longer...We are saving the dumb genes and what about abortion? are we not killing off some smart genes? interesting.

How about "moral hazard"? When airbags in cars were introduced, so I've been told, traffic accidents went up (not fatalities). There is an idea that would guarantee to reduce accidents to near zero. A razor sharp metal knife can be mounted on the steering wheel, pointed directly at the driver's chest.

What do you have?

No subject change. *

Press Release 12-009*

Still all yeast...

Yes, what is your point?

Compared to some slack jawed bible thumping inbred who has a doctorate in creation science for a bible school run out of someones trailer house?

“Dr. Richard Bliss, Curriculum Mgr. for the Institute for Creation Research, got his "doctorate" from an unaccredited diploma mill operating out of a hotel.
Dr. Kelly Segraves, Co-founder of the Creation Science Research Center, says he got his "doctorate" from "Christian University" which doesn't exist.
Dr. Harold Slusher, Co-founder of the Creation Research Society, got his "doctorate" from an unaccredited diploma mill operating out of a post office box.
Dr. Cliffford Burdick of the Creation Research Society got his "doctorate" from another post office box in Phoenix.
Dr. Carl Baugh of the Creation Evidences Museum got his "doctorate" from an unaccredited bible college on the grounds of a church.
Dr. Kent Hovind (Dr. Dino) of the Creation Science Evangelism Ministry (now in prison) got his "doctorate" from an unaccredited mail order outfit called 'Patriot University'.

Yeah, they seem to miss the point. I keep listening to both sides, waiting for each to present something convincing. One side seems to miss the point, it is their job to present the case. I'm just the jury.

How about "moral hazard"? When airbags in cars were introduced, so I've been told, traffic accidents went up (not fatalities). There is an idea that would guarantee to reduce accidents to near zero. A razor sharp metal knife can be mounted on the steering wheel, pointed directly at the driver's chest.

great point, people thought they could then drive as fast as they want with out dying, when air bags were introduced. Its like when they started mounting cameras on stop lights, people started slamming on the brakes when it turned yellow to try to avoid a $50 dollar ticket and caused a rear end in the process.

play nice, show a link where Bill Nye studied under Carl?

What do you have?

No subject change. *

Press Release 12-009*

Still all yeast...

Yes, what is your point?

That what you have is still all yeast, clustered together.

One cell doesn't perform one function and another do something different...they are just stuck together...

From your article:

Travisano and Ratcliff wonder why it didn't evolve more often since it's not that difficult to recreate in a lab.

Considering that trillions of one-celled organisms lived on Earth for millions of years, it seems like it should have, Ratcliff says.

Huh. That seems like the same question I'm asking.

Yeah, have you noticed that its all about the word, the symbol, the piece of paper, the feeling, not the reality that they represent. I am convinced that this is what happens when you teach children that something they cannot see, smell, touch, hear, or taste is real and exists. It creates learned psychosic, magical thinking.

Still all yeast...

Yes, what is your point?

One cell doesn't perform one function and another do something different...they are just stuck together...

From your article:

Travisano and Ratcliff wonder why it didn't evolve more often since it's not that difficult to recreate in a lab.

Considering that trillions of one-celled organisms lived on Earth for millions of years, it seems like it should have, Ratcliff says.

Why are you asking me?

If you have questions, you should go enroll in a biology program. I was simply doing relative google searches on things like "self replicating molecules" and adding the info to the thread.

You really should read all of the thread, from the beginning before commenting. I stated clearly that I can't debate evolution. I can explain the scientific process though.

Never the less, it doew seem to me that you have some opinion. So how about demonstrating some intelligent effort and presenting something.

Last edited:
Yes, what is your point?

From your article:

Why are you asking me?

If you have questions, you should go enroll in a biology program. I was simply doing relative google searches on things like "self replicating molecules" and adding the info to the thread.

You really should read all of the thread, from the beginning before commenting. I stated clearly that I can't debate evolution. I can explain the scientific process though.

Never the less, it doew seem to me that you have some opinion. So how about demonstrating some intelligent effort and presenting something.

I have...and your response is a verbose "I don't know"...which is fair enough, I don't know either.

The point that I'm making is, as much as some prefer to believe...Macro-evolution is not settle science.

And, judging from your article, the evolutionary biologists understand that.

I did find this passage of interest:

"I don't think anyone had ever tried it before," says Ratcliff. "There aren't many scientists doing experimental evolution, and they're trying to answer questions about evolution, not recreate it."
How can you understand something scientifically without experimentation?

play nice, show a link where Bill Nye studied under Carl?

Bill Nye has spent most of his life making science and technology entertaining and ... degree from Cornell University, where he studied under Carl Sagan.

Bill Nye "The Science Guy" | Speaker Profile and Speaking Topics

Bill Nye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, have you noticed that its all about the word, the symbol, the piece of paper, the feeling, not the reality that they represent. I am convinced that this is what happens when you teach children that something they cannot see, smell, touch, hear, or taste is real and exists. It creates learned psychosic, magical thinking.

And that is why religious fundamentalism is a mental illness

From your article:

Why are you asking me?

I have...and your response is a verbose "I don't know"...which is fair enough, I don't know either.

The point that I'm making is, as much as some prefer to believe...Macro-evolution is not settle science.

And, judging from your article, the evolutionary biologists understand that.

"I don't think anyone had ever tried it before," says Ratcliff. "There aren't many scientists doing experimental evolution, and they're trying to answer questions about evolution, not recreate it."

We've seen millions of generations of bacteria in the pursuit of scientific research...far more that the possible total generations of all larger forms of life on Earth...yet the bacteria has never "evolved" into a high form of life.

Bacteria HAS exhibited many mutations and natural selection...but there is not a single instance of evolutionary change...after millions of generations of laboratory study, it's still bacteria.

Typical dodge...we've seen more generations of bacteria than all possible generations of animals ever possible...it that same span, according to Macro-evolutionist, every animal on earth evolved from random inorganics.

But that is what the whole house of cards is based on, that lower order life forms evolved into higher order life forms.

So why would the first single celled organism with no predators and no competition feel any pressure to evolve...they filled their niche.

Shouldn't they, like the bacteria, simply multiplied a million generations and stayed single celled organisms?

Time to change the subject. Got it.

Still all yeast...

From your article:

Considering that trillions of one-celled organisms lived on Earth for millions of years, it seems like it should have, Ratcliff says.*

Well, actually, you only asked one question. And it wasn't the one that*Travisano and Ratcliff suggested.

You have, on the other hand, made a lot of statements regarding what you haven't seen.

You have said, on numerous posts "We've" ; as in "We've seen millions of generations of bacteria in the pursuit of scientific research",
so I take it you are a research biologist?

So what is your answer?
Because I haven't seen anything. *Oh, I have seen onion cells under a microscope. *

Or are you under some mistaken impression that it is someone elses responsibility to answer your questions?

I have...and your response is a verbose "I don't know"...which is fair enough, *I don't know either.

The point that I'm making is, *as much as some prefer to believe...Macro-evolution is not settle science.

And, *judging from your article, *the evolutionary biologists understand that.

"I don't think anyone had ever tried it before," says Ratcliff. "There *aren't many scientists doing experimental evolution, and they're trying *to answer questions about evolution, not recreate it."

So you should have just made your point.

Like I said, I can't argue evolution.

Nor am I aware of anyone having said it is a settled science.

In fact, I specifically posted a link to a UC Berkeley website that discusses issues like them
*misconception that it is a "settled science".

You seem to have some personal issues that you need to address. *I would suggest taking them up in a professional situation where you can resolve them.

Forum List

Back