Everyone should buy an Electric Vehicle to save the planet. Joe Biden planning 500,000 charging stations.

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
If you don't you are just going to kill the Earth.

1638808136683.png

Attachments

• 1638808226449.png
    1638808226449.png
    463.7 KB · Views: 22
I just assumed they would force us all to buy one

Or just phase out gas powered cars and parts.

That's how these people operate.

My neighbor bought a Tesla this year and his electric bill is now an average of 450 dollars a month.

This is for a 3 bedroom average sized ranch style house that only has 3 people living there. My house is almost the same size next door to him with 3 people in it and his electric bill went up since getting his Tesla went up more than I pay in gas for my car per month by about 100 dollars.

If you don't you are just going to kill the Earth.

View attachment 572426
That 'is' stupid. Is it private or is it government?

The charging stations in my country that I'm aware of are powered by electric and most of that electricity will be hydro power.

It's not going to be simple and easy to convert from fossil fuels but there's little doubt now that it's going to happen and it's desperately needed.

New threads such as this one can raise awareness besides it's other purpose of mockery and making light of the issue.

And so the obvious question: When is the political right going to lay claim to it?
It's always been the right that's brought about the acceptance of change!

They're resonsible for seatbelts and car emission control systems aren't they?

Private enterprise will always find a way, albeit usually at greatly increased cost.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how many miles can an electric car go when it is full charged? I've never owned one and so I have no idea.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Resnic
The electric cars aren't cheap either. And we tax payers will foot the bill for those 500,000 charging stations that very few will use.

I'll take my Ram any day.

JOSweetHeart
I just checked on Google. An electric car can go about 250 miles before it has to be recharged.

I have no idea what it would cost to recharge an electric car.

^^^ Thank you. 250 is pretty much a full tank of gas, and so both kinds of vehicles are about the same, at least in that way. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Of course with gas being as expensive as it is now, I have no idea if having a gas-powered vehicle will save you more money compared to an electric car or not.

Resnic
The electric cars aren't cheap either. And we tax payers will foot the bill for those 500,000 charging stations that very few will use.

I'll take my Ram any day.
What you say there only brings me to another question. How many people own electric vehicles compared to those who still prefer vehicles that are gas powered?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Forgive me if this is another dumb question, but are all electric vehicles automatic, or are some of them made with stick shifts?

You realize there is either a nuclear of fossil fuel generator somewhere supplying power for the goddamn thing, don't you?
Calm down.
You mean like the GE - designed Fukushima plant ?

I guess you haven't been there lately.
1638810933129.png

500,000? That's a hell of a lot of electricity. A lot.

I want to know who is going to pay for it? And if users are what's the markup they have to pay vs just charging it at home?

JOSweetHeart
I just checked on Google. An electric car can go about 250 miles before it has to be recharged.

I have no idea what it would cost to recharge an electric car.

My car gets about 25 miles a gallon with a 12 gallon tank. So I can drive 300 miles on a full tank. I can get a little better on highway driving. And i don't even have a hybrid or anything, it's just a normal Toyota Corolla. Gas is less expensive than the electric bill I'd have to pay for a full charge, and I can fill my car up in like less than 2 minutes vs hours long to charge a car.

And I don't have to worry about if the computer fails I won't be able to drive. And if my battery died I could still jump it to get it going, in a electric car you're dead in the water.

Calm down.
You mean like the GE - designed Fukushima plant ?

I guess you haven't been there lately.
View attachment 572451

Solar is shitty technology that has no economic viability. It is only being built by stupid people for political reasons.

Here in the United States there is a narrow band in the South West where solar is marginally economically viable. Every place else nuclear and fossil are much cheaper technology and certainly more reliable.

I have a friend that is an executive for Duke Energy. Duke is building the stupid solar farms like crazy. I asked him why they are doing it. He knows as good as I do that they are a colossal waste of money.

He said there are two reasons. First of all the filthy ass government gives them tax incentives to build the goddamn things so their out of pocket isn't that much.

The main reason, however, is that Duke has to borrow a lot of money each year and it is mostly by European banks. The stupid EU has a mandate for its banks that they can only lend money to accommodate a goal of zero carbon emissions. So Duke kisses their asses by building these stupid uneconomical solar farms.

Disgusting, isn't it?

Forum List

Back