Every Jew has secret knowledge of a Zionist world conspiracy? Not true.

Earthquakes are a result of petty theft and fire is the result of idol worship and adultery.
Even physics recognizes that all electrons have an affect on all other electrons.
A sort of punishment. Which isn't too fair, to put it mildly.
Not punishment...action and consequence.
Atheists have created the concept of unwarranted punishment.
There is a logical chain which can be derived from it. Bad actions of people - earthquakes - God's will to enable this to happen. You can call it what you want but it certainly looks like punishment. Unfair punishment. And that isn't about atheists. I think there are plenty of people who believe in God, but who don't accept the explanation offered by some monotheistic religions.
It’s called physics.
It takes a few years of cycling through the weekly Torah portion to get past the subjectivity aspect.
I went through it.
Sometimes it takes many years to have an epiphany.
It’s called life experience.
I wouldn't call it subjectivity but rather common sense.
A careful study of the text deflates the thought that God is “vengeful”.
It is Christian to believe that God created us to torture us.

A sort of punishment. Which isn't too fair, to put it mildly.
There is a logical chain which can be derived from it. Bad actions of people - earthquakes - God's will to enable this to happen. You can call it what you want but it certainly looks like punishment. Unfair punishment. And that isn't about atheists. I think there are plenty of people who believe in God, but who don't accept the explanation offered by some monotheistic religions.
It’s called physics.
It takes a few years of cycling through the weekly Torah portion to get past the subjectivity aspect.
I went through it.
Unless I am mistaken, the Christians think that the current life is a test for every human being after which everyone will receive reward or punishment. It was not the very goal at the beginning, but the fall of men everything changed.

So, why does the natural evil exist? You can say that it is the law of physics. But everything in our world was created by God, right?

It’s called physics.
I went through it.
Unless I am mistaken, the Christians think that the current life is a test for every human being after which everyone will receive reward or punishment. It was not the very goal at the beginning, but the fall of men everything changed.

So, why does the natural evil exist? You can say that it is the law of physics. But everything in our world was created by God, right?
“Evil” is giving in to the desire to display a lack of gratitude towards God.
During the era of prophecy, the slightest disrespect towards God was a grave trespass and caused existence to go haywire in concert with the trespass.
That’s why God stopped communicating with humans on an explicit level; mankind couldn’t handle the consequences.
It’s very difficult to explain “evil” in a post since modern man considers “evil” to be overt robbery or murder.
To a God aware person, “evil” is not greeting someone with a smile.

It’s called physics.
I went through it.

During the era of prophecy, the slightest disrespect towards God was a grave trespass and caused existence to go haywire in concert with the trespass.
That’s why God stopped communicating with humans on an explicit level; mankind couldn’t handle the consequences.
It’s very difficult to explain “evil” in a post since modern man considers “evil” to be overt robbery or murder.
We were not discussing so called moral evil (robbery, murder and so on). You understand that, right? We were discussing so called natural evil - diseases and natural events which kill and destroy (earthquakes, tornados, tsunami, wild fire and so on).

Considering that God is omniscient, He knew from the very beginning what things would be now. He is the only creator. He created all these natural thing which destroy. You said that humans' bad deeds cause these things to happen. I cant get these things otherwise as punishment.

And my question stands - if it is punishment, then why did God chose so indiscriminate way?

It’s called physics.
I went through it.

We were not discussing so called moral evil (robbery, murder and so on). You understand that, right? We were discussing so called natural evil - diseases and natural events which kill and destroy (earthquakes, tornados, tsunami, wild fire and so on).

Considering that God is omniscient, He knew from the very beginning what things would be now. He is the only creator. He created all these natural thing which destroy. You said that humans' bad deeds cause these things to happen. I cant get these things otherwise as punishment.

And my question stands - if it is punishment, then why did God chose so indiscriminate way?
Time and space are an illusion.
The consequence of certain behaviors (causes) is meant to be overt enough for humans to get the message.
Almost all things that are stolen are mined or grown from the earth so the earth quakes from robbery.
Passionate behavior (burning with lust) causes fires.
Speech emits moisture which is what the atmosphere needs to maintain positive weather conditions.
None of this is random.
Of course, one persons disaster brings benefit to someone else...a bad crop in one region means more sales for another region.
This is detailed in the chapter of Deuteronomy after the Shema.

The consequence of certain behaviors (causes) is meant to be overt enough for humans to get the message.
Almost all things that are stolen are mined or grown from the earth so the earth quakes from robbery.
Speech emits moisture which is what the atmosphere needs to maintain positive weather conditions.
None of this is random.
Of course, one persons disaster brings benefit to someone else...a bad crop in one region means more sales for another region.
Stolen things are mined in the Earth? And this causes earthquakes? And you believe in it literally?

You understand that in these disasters innocent people may be killed. Is this okay with God?

None of this is random.
Stolen things are mined in the Earth? And this causes earthquakes? And you believe in it literally?

You understand that in these disasters innocent people may be killed. Is this a plan of God?
Are you afraid to understand that you are, in God’s “eye”, the most important human He ever created?
Humans are meant to be interactive.
I am as responsible as anyone else for not making people better than they could be.

None of this is random.

You understand that in these disasters innocent people may be killed. Is this a plan of God?
Are you afraid to understand that you are, in God’s “eye”, the most important human He ever created?
I am as responsible as anyone else for not making people better than they could be.
If we are responsible for something and fail to achieve something, then we should be judged personally. I disagree with collective punishment.

None of this is random.

If we are responsible for something and fail to achieve something, then we should be judged personally. I disagree with collective punishment.
We are “judged” by God, whatever that means.
God “sees” the infinite combination of what was, and is, possible.
The fact is that most people think 1 good person is safe even when amongst millions of really bad people.
Take the Flood or S’dom...
God describes overwhelming evil and cruelty exhibited by people and yet people who don’t even read the verses in context accuse God of cruelty.

Avraham was chosen by God because Avraham called out.
You realize that Avraham was a failure until about the age of 80?
Those who mind their own business, including myself, are missing an attribute that God wants us to develop.

None of this is random.

The fact is that most people think 1 good person is safe even when amongst millions of really bad people.
God describes overwhelming evil and cruelty exhibited by people and yet people who don’t even read the verses in context accuse God of cruelty.

Those who mind their own business, including myself, are missing an attribute that God wants us to develop.
Okay, I understand what you want to say. All people are responsible for bettering humankind and basically as long as evil still exists everyone is guilty. Right?

What about children?

None of this is random.

Okay, I understand what you want to say. All people are responsible for bettering humankind and basically as long as evil still exists everyone is guilty. Right?

What about children?
Not guilty; suffering the consequences.
Like innocent people (the children!) being injured or killed by drunk or texting drivers.
A tzddik is someone who doesn’t sin.
A chassid is someone who goes above and beyond in their service of God.
Avraham, Yitzhak and Yaakov were chassidim.
Joseph was a tzaddik in Egypt.

None of this is random.
What nonsense. If this is actually what Jews believe then when a Jew prays it is little different than a witch doctor chanting incantations.

None of this is random.
What nonsense. If this is actually what Jews believe then when a Jew prays it is little different than a witch doctor chanting incantations.
We don’t believe in burning people at the stake or dragging Blacks with our cars.

What about children?
Like innocent people (the children!) being injured or killed by drunk or texting drivers.
Have you heard something about Braclav Hasids?

What about children?
Don’t confuse “chassidic” sects with what chassid means.
Wearing clothes and drinking wine doesn’t make one a chassid.

None of this is random.
We don’t believe in burning people at the stake or dragging Blacks with our cars.
We don’t believe in burning people at the stake or dragging Blacks with our cars
But you do believe in stoning a woman to death if she was raped inside the city limits. At least dragging blacks with cars isn't in our scriptures, dumbass.

None of this is random.
We don’t believe in burning people at the stake or dragging Blacks with our cars
But you do believe in stoning a woman to death if she was raped inside the city limits. At least dragging blacks with cars isn't in our scriptures, dumbass.
Can you quote the verse?
I think you’re paraphrasing Shariah law.

What about children?
Don’t confuse “chassidic” sects with what chassid means.
Wearing clothes and drinking wine doesn’t make one a chassid.
Okay, I won't. But nonetheless, what do you think about them in general?

None of this is random.
Can you quote the verse?
I think you’re paraphrasing Shariah law.

Can you quote the verse?
Deuteronomy 22
23 If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;
24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

Forum List

Back