Every Classroom Should Have Heavily Armed Teachers In It

Not a gun in everyone. But a single armed teacher in every hallway or wing of a school building.

As I have said, I'm a 2nd Amendment supporter...a Constitutionalist. Even so, there are at least 2.3 million classrooms in the US. If you arm even, say, half a million of them I would say your odds of having something go wrong with a gun is as high as having a crazed gunman attack. And then we're at the overwrought covid response....making things worse.

"Hours after Texas’ deadliest school shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, state Republicans called for efforts to harden schools and arm more teachers. “We can’t stop bad people from doing bad things,” Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said on Fox News. “We can potentially arm and prepare and train teachers and other administrators to respond quickly. That, in my opinion, is the best answer.” There’s no assurance that an employee with a handgun can halt a school shooting.

For instance, during the 2018 school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida, an armed school resource officer never went inside the high school or attempted to engage the gunman during the attack. Reports are circulating that a school police officer was on campus at Robb Elementary on Tuesday. The officer exchanged gunfire with the shooter and was shot and injured."

Fact of the matter is, arming teachers is the most effective way at stopping the next school shooter....Yea, yea, I know...we have been busy demonizing public schools and teachers and accusing them of indoctrinating our kids and forcing kids to be trans and teaching them CRT -- but that was just political hyperbole, so put that aside for now.... Truth is, we can't trust teachers to not force our kids to be gay -- but we can totally trust them to carry a Glock 9mm on their hip during finger paints time.. Matter of fact, hand guns aren't enough....we need them to be armed to the T -- so it is vital they have either AR's or AK's in order to more effectively stop a mass shooter...that is why the officers that first engaged with the Uvalde shooter failed...Not enough firepower....They had a chance to stop the shooter before he even started -- and they failed....if they were armed with a grenade launcher, they could have blown up the truck the shooter was in a long time ago...

Which brings me to another point....why aren't we training these so-called professional law enforcement officers better? As more information has come out, we are hearing that the police waited over 40 minutes before they entered the school...that is 40 mins of time for this demon to murder 21 people....with a weapon that does so much damage that parents had to submit DNA samples and wait the longest fucking wait of their lives --- just to find out if it was their child or not.....

“Go in there! Go in there!” nearby women shouted at the officers soon after the attack began, said Juan Carranza, 24, Javier Cazares, whose fourth grade daughter, Jacklyn Cazares, was killed in the attack, said “Let’s just rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to -- “They were unprepared,” he added."

Apparently, police waited up to 40 minutes or more before entering the school because they were waiting on a tactical team to show up....why waste SWAT's time when you could have an armed teacher in the classroom instead? That armed teacher and other armed teachers from other classrooms could have done a far better job than well-trained tactical SWAT units....as long as you are willing to overlook the fact they are teaching our kids to have gay sex orgies in the class and indoctrinating them with CRT and stuff...
There are a couple of possible issues with arming classroom teachers.

1) A classroom teacher may have a moral(religious) objection to violence even in personal defense situations.

2) A classroom teacher may not have the personal courage to enter into a fire fight with an armed intruder even if his/her students lives are in danger.

Teachers have constitutionally guaranteed rights just as all law abiding Americans possess. To force a teacher into a situation that is beyond his/her capability to deal with is certainly not just foolish, it could actually increase the danger to all involved in a confrontational situation.

My suggestion is to hire former combat veterans(infantry) for human resource officers. Combat experienced Infantry come pre-trained for both defense & let loose on the offense are the most effective hunter killers on planet earth. The mentally deranged that prey upon our children in America's institutions of education would be terminated with no chance what so ever of survival. No court cost to the public, no hospital costs to the public. Just a trip to the crematory oven & end of subject.

As I have said, I'm a 2nd Amendment supporter...a Constitutionalist. Even so, there are at least 2.3 million classrooms in the US. If you arm even, say, half a million of them I would say your odds of having something go wrong with a gun is as high as having a crazed gunman attack. And then we're at the overwrought covid response....making things worse.

And what would you say of a vetting process? What will it take to prevent the shooter from reaching the children?

Locking doors? That's great, but can be wrought with personal negligence, as we saw with the teacher who propped the door open in Uvalde. We could make leaving a door open for more than 15 minutes a firable offense, but that would be too harsh.

What else could be done?

And what would you say of a vetting process? What will it take to prevent the shooter from reaching the children?

Locking doors? That's great, but can be wrought with personal negligence, as we saw with the teacher who propped the door open in Uvalde. We could make leaving a door open for more than 15 minutes a firable offense, but that would be too harsh.

What else could be done?

Here's how stupid we are.

We obsess about the teacher who left the door open. Meanwhile. For about two hours daily, give or take, any number of children are OUTSIDE for recess.

So now what?

Are you gonna coop the kids up for seven hours a day in a locked building like prisoners? Even on the most beautiful day? That's terrible for them. Terrible for their health all the way around.

But we can't live with the risk right?

This is why I say that community/public schools are just done. Done.

Here's how stupid we are.

We obsess about the teacher who left the door open. Meanwhile. For about two hours daily, give or take, any number of children are OUTSIDE for recess.

I will honestly admit I never thought of it like that. But then vehicle-proof barriers would work to protect the playground if necessary.

I will honestly admit I never thought of it like that. But then vehicle-proof barriers would work to protect the playground if necessary.

So you're going to build the children a miserable prison yard. Which will only breed more miserable people who turn into school shooters.

Of course not, but even when it was rainy outside, they let us play in the gym.

Thank you---our response to this is looking to be about as coherent as our response to Covid. We don't think about anything. We just react

ETA now that I think on it, I can see this scenario: we actually DO coop children up for seven hours a day for their "safety". Thus resulting in about half the boys in any given grade ending up on ADHD medication they don't need; they just need to move. Thus perpetrating a whole new generation of mentally ill young men.

I hate to sound so jaded but c'mon. Are we incapable of doing this very thing?

So you're going to build the children a miserable prison yard. Which will only breed more miserable people who turn into school shooters.

Okay, so then what? Abolish public schooling altogether? Eliminate any possible social interactions between children who may not otherwise come into contact with each other? Would that not have a more detrimental effect on them?

Okay, so then what? Abolish public schooling altogether? Eliminate any possible social interactions between children who may not otherwise come into contact with each other? Would that not have a more detrimental effect on them?

Sadly I do not think they will be "abolished". I think they will collapse under the following:

--you can't get teachers or staff. This was a problem BEFORE Covid and shootings--it will explode now
--Schools will have to reduce schedules; see above. We are looking at many districts going to four-day weeks
--Because of the above and safety concerns parents will seek other schooling choices
--And then the whole thing snowballs

Sadly I do not think they will be "abolished". I think they will collapse under the following:

--you can't get teachers or staff. This was a problem BEFORE Covid and shootings--it will explode now
--Schools will have to reduce schedules; see above. We are looking at many districts going to four-day weeks
--Because of the above and safety concerns parents will seek other schooling choices
--And then the whole thing snowballs

Why does that scenario scare me so much? Because I don't want it to happen or because I know it will happen?

It's hard not to feel jaded. This issue is so complex yet it doesn't need to be. There are obvious, simple solutions out there that clearly are eluding our sight.

Well sure. I have some. But they're not all that popular. And they will cut across all sectors.

Why does that scenario scare me so much? Because I don't want it to happen or because I know it will happen?

Because it is already happening. It is happening not only to schools but to our society. We can no longer have community schools because we no longer have true community.

I wish this were not true, but here we are.

Forum List

Back