Ever notice you have not seen Richard Gere on a long time?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

That's right my friends, Richard has not been in any movies and is banned by the Oscars.

Why?

Because he denounced the Chinese government in the 1990's for their treatment of those in Tibet.

Problem is, China owns both Hollywood and the nation's political leaders, so Richard was one of the first to be officially and quietly cancelled from society.

my mom is a big fan. thanks for the info. i'll tell her the next time i see her

Filmography​

Film​

YearTitleRoleNotes
1975Report to the CommissionerBilly
1976Baby Blue MarineRaider
1977Looking for Mr. GoodbarTony Lopanto
1978BloodbrothersThomas Stony De Coco
Days of HeavenBill
1979YanksMatt Dyson
1980American GigoloJulian Kaye
1982An Officer and a GentlemanZack Mayo
1983The Honorary ConsulDr. Eduardo Plarra.k.a. Beyond the Limit
BreathlessJesse Lujack
1984The Cotton ClubDixie Dwyer
1985King DavidDavid
1986No MercyEddie Jillette
PowerPete St. John
1988Miles from HomeFrank Roberts, Jr.
1990Internal AffairsDennis Peck
Pretty WomanEdward Lewis
1991Rhapsody in AugustClark
1992Final AnalysisDr. Isaac BarrAlso executive producer
1993Mr. JonesMr. Jones
SommersbyJohn Robert 'Jack' Sommersby
1994IntersectionVincent Eastman
1995First KnightLancelot
1996Primal FearMartin Vail
1997The JackalDeclan Joseph Mulqueen
Red CornerJack Moore
1999Runaway BrideHomer Eisenhower "Ike" Graham
2000Dr. T & the WomenDr. T
Autumn in New YorkWill Keane
2002The Mothman PropheciesJohn Klein
UnfaithfulEdward Sumner
ChicagoWilliam "Billy" Flynn
2004Shall We Dance?John Clark
2005Bee SeasonSaul Naumann
2006The HoaxClifford Irving
2007The Hunting PartySimon
I'm Not ThereBob Dylan as Billy The Kid
The FlockAgent Erroll Babbage
2008Nights in RodantheDr. Paul Flanner
2009AmeliaGeorge Putnam
Hachi: A Dog's TaleParker WilsonAlso producer
Brooklyn's FinestEddie Dugan
2011The DoublePaul Shepherdson
2012ArbitrageRobert Miller
2013Movie 43BossSegment "iBabe"
2014Henry & MeHenryVoice
Time Out of MindGeorge HammondAlso producer
2015The Second Best Exotic Marigold HotelGuy Chambers
The BenefactorFranny
2016Norman: The Moderate Rise and Tragic Fall of a New York FixerNorman Oppenheimer
2017The DinnerStan Lohman
Three ChristsDr. Alan Stone
2023Maybe I DoHoward
TBALongingDaniel

That's right my friends, Richard has not been in any movies and is banned by the Oscars.

Why?

Because he denounced the Chinese government in the 1990's for their treatment of those in Tibet.

Problem is, China owns both Hollywood and the nation's political leaders, so Richard was one of the first to be officially and quietly cancelled from society.
Still, it is Richard Gere and we saw him on the screen, so not that many people missing him. Just Sayin,,, :dunno:

Still, it is Richard Gere and we saw him on the screen, so not that many people missing him. Just Sayin,,, :dunno:
People who are in the public's eye need to remember that their stupid opinions don't matter.
What matters is that the public pay to see their product.
If they want to enter politics go for it.

I don't notice anything about Hollywood or the Oscars but it is just too funny that the guy was banned for TWENTY years for speaking out against a genocide much like the very one going on now in Ukraine that Hollywood and the left now SUPPORT. :laughing0301:

Why?

Richard Gere is on this list from 2021. There are many body doubles in politics and the entertainment industry as well as public figures.

People who are in the public's eye need to remember that their stupid opinions don't matter.
What matters is that the public pay to see their product.
If they want to enter politics go for it.
Stupid opinions? Are you saying that he was not right in condemning the treatment of those in Tibet by the Chinese government?

Strike one.

Are you saying that his opinion does not matter because he is famous? The truth is, it carries more weight because he is, even if you think it shouldn't.

Strike two.

And if you were famous, and you saw the country going to hell in a hand basket because of the political idiocy, or you saw mass genocide going on somewhere in the world, you would remain quiet? You are not quiet now, so why should that change if you were famous?

Strike three.

But I understand how it is tiresome that most of the rich famous folk out there are 1. Stupid 2. Leftists 3. Arrogant and uwatchable.

63gg3h.jpg

Forum List

Back