Even MSM is now blaming Biden for over 43% higher gas prices...

Calm yourself, you were just dosed with truth and facts it may take some time to recover.
You speak truth only in your dreams. You trumpeciles are finally accepting the fact that climate change is real, after calling it a hoax for four years, and of course you blame the Democrats.

However, when there is not any "quid pro" as is the case here, how are gas prices affected?
Are you truly in the dark about how a president such as Quid Pro Joe can effect gas prices? I'll be glad to tell you, but I'm incredulous that you remain that ignorant on the topic.

I applaud higher gas prices!

Easy enough for me to afford - I don't drive much anymore - and when I do there are fewer assholes on the road every day.

It's the one good thing Xiden has done. Give credit where it's due.

Are you truly in the dark about how a president such as Quid Pro Joe can effect gas prices? I'll be glad to tell you, but I'm incredulous that you remain that ignorant on the topic.
As long as you continue to push that "quid pro quo" nonsense, you will continue to be in the dark about rising gas prices.

As long as you continue to push that "quid pro quo" nonsense, you will continue to be in the dark about rising gas prices.
Oh, I'm not in the dark. I know why gas prices go up and down. I also know that you are clueless or you wouldn't be pretending to not know how presidents effect those prices. When you're ready to learn I can tell you, but you have to first demonstrate that you're ready for the information.

Oh, I'm not in the dark. I know why gas prices go up and down. I also know that you are clueless or you wouldn't be pretending to not know how presidents effect those prices. When you're ready to learn I can tell you, but you have to first demonstrate that you're ready for the information.
The information is that the pandemic caused gas prices to go down and the oil producing countries slowed production. Now the price of gas is in line with pre-pandemic days. Can a president have an effect? Of course. I am happy that you are so intelligent.

candycorn
No he doesn't control gas prices but he does control drilling on Fed lands and doing away with fracking.

Why the hell do you think gas prices are going up. When Trump was POTUS gas was 1.70 a gallon. Biden with his green shit drove prices up to 3.00 a gallon and it will go higher.

You keep lying to yourself. You're damned good at it. Dumbass.

The virus went worldwide...but somehow--thanks to your blob--we suffered the most. Why do you think that was? We can't possibly blame the President for what happens on his watch can we? Oh wait...youre doing that with Biden so you'd have to do it with Mara-Lard-Ass....unless you're just a fucking hypocrite.
You gou guys are always blaming Trump for COVID. Show me in the Constitution or US Code where the president has any power to control state and local actions to control a disease. Trump jump started vaccine research, he pushed private companies to produce.ventilators, he activated military hospitals and sent hospital ships to ports where the virus was the worst.What other legal steps could he have taken?

The information is that the pandemic caused gas prices to go down and the oil producing countries slowed production. Now the price of gas is in line with pre-pandemic days. Can a president have an effect? Of course. I am happy that you are so intelligent.
I was afraid of that. Obviously, you believe that history started about 4 years ago, but here's a teaser on the truth. The global price of oil is set on the global market. That market is open to speculators, who neither produce nor receive any oil themselves, only buy some at a certain price and hope to sell at a higher price. At this point, you've probably lost all interest because I'm not yelling, "Orange Man Bad! Orange Man Bad!", but stick with it. Those speculators watch the news very closely for indicators of things that may impact the availability of oil and thus its price. When a president like Quid Pro Joe comes into office, they know he will take steps to lower American oil production (think green and anti-fracking) and thus put more control over the global oil supply in unstable hands. This, they are confident, will lead to higher prices, so they take actions that in turn cause prices to go even higher. Most high school graduates understand this. I should ask, are you a high school graduate? If you are not, I'll stop right here, because I don't want to cause your world view to burst painfully without proper preparation.

Here's the last factoid you need to consider, if you are in fact a high school graduate and can understand it. The price of oil directly impacts the price of gas at the pump.

I was afraid of that. Obviously, you believe that history started about 4 years ago, but here's a teaser on the truth. The global price of oil is set on the global market. That market is open to speculators, who neither produce nor receive any oil themselves, only buy some at a certain price and hope to sell at a higher price. At this point, you've probably lost all interest because I'm not yelling, "Orange Man Bad! Orange Man Bad!", but stick with it. Those speculators watch the news very closely for indicators of things that may impact the availability of oil and thus its price. When a president like Quid Pro Joe comes into office, they know he will take steps to lower American oil production (think green and anti-fracking) and thus put more control over the global oil supply in unstable hands. This, they are confident, will lead to higher prices, so they take actions that in turn cause prices to go even higher. Most high school graduates understand this. I should ask, are you a high school graduate? If you are not, I'll stop right here, because I don't want to cause your world view to burst painfully without proper preparation.

Here's the last factoid you need to consider, if you are in fact a high school graduate and can understand it. The price of oil directly impacts the price of gas at the pump.

In other words you think that the President wants control over oil prices and that is why he opposes fracking on federal land? Why would he put the global oil supply in unstable hands? Maybe YOU should go back and finish high school. The price of oil directly affects the price of gas at the pump? Are you sure? Duh?
Now you are acting stupid. Are you a high school graduate? What is your education that you are able to reason so brilliantly, eh? Don't question my education, pal. You might be unpleasantly surprised.

You gou guys are always blaming Trump for COVID.
The response yes.
Show me in the Constitution or US Code where the president has any power to control state and local actions to control a disease.
Oh lord... The current situation is that the Federal Government provides resources in times of a national emergency... The Strategic National Stockpile. It had expired and spoiled goods in it when it was tapped.
Trump jump started vaccine research, he pushed private companies to produce.ventilators, he activated military hospitals and sent hospital ships to ports where the virus was the worst.
Wow...show me in the Constitution to where he can jump start research?
What other legal steps could he have taken?
Had non expired and non spoiled goods in the SNS...
Wore a mask--lead by example
Not undermined the CDC recommendations..
Not pushed to re-open well before any sane person thought we should
Not promised miracles
Not gave false hope
Listened to experts...
Not had super spreader events like the one that killed Herman Cain.
Not pushed false cures and treatments like Hydroxy...
Not forced all returning Americans through 13 airports...
Had screeners and tests available (if tests were developed--he said there were) for those who were returning.

Just for starters.

Now you are acting stupid. Are you a high school graduate? What is your education that you are able to reason so brilliantly, eh? Don't question my education, pal. You might be unpleasantly surprised.
Given the depth of your arguments thus far, it would be a very unpleasant surprise to find that you managed to graduate from high school because it would call into sharp question the competence of your teachers. You went to government school, didn't you?

Given the depth of your arguments thus far, it would be a very unpleasant surprise to find that you managed to graduate from high school because it would call into sharp question the competence of your teachers. You went to government school, didn't you?
You obviously did not seek a higher education based upon your ridiculous remarks. You are just another one of trump supporting imbeciles. Grow up. This conversation is over.

The President doesn't have control of gas prices....

But you're right about one thing...you're incredibly frustrated. It's fun to watch.
The President most certainly does influence gas prices. I can dig up videos of Pelosi and Obama saying as much but I’ll let you do your own homework. There’s a reason we never paid above $3 under Trump but now are paying high prices under Biden. Most people I know are still working remotely so where is the demand coming from?

The President most certainly does influence gas prices. I can dig up videos of Pelosi and Obama saying as much but I’ll let you do your own homework. There’s a reason we never paid above $3 under Trump but now are paying high prices under Biden. Most people I know are still working remotely so where is the demand coming from?
Makes you wonder why Trump set the price at $2 instead of $0.25.

People are out and about, traveling, partying, shopping, maskless while inside a store, etc.
Gas prices may go higher than the trump days. The point is that the pandemic was the reason that prices dropped and oil producing nations were responsible for the increase in prices as they increased oroduction to offset the demand. Did Biden raise prices and if so--what was his motive?

You obviously did not seek a higher education based upon your ridiculous remarks. You are just another one of trump supporting imbeciles. Grow up. This conversation is over.
You can quit if you like or if you feel like you've been bested and want to avoid further embarrassment. Just to recap for those late to the party, the pump prices of gas is effected by a president's policies, and since Quid Pro Joe is obviously set on increasing America's reliance on foreign oil and preventing the expansion of American supplies, it's not surprising that the price of gas has gone up and shows no signs of returning to lower levels after the expected surge caused by the emergence from the lockdowns. Speculators drive the price of oil based on their expectations of the future, and they have no reason to believe that Quid Pro will do anything to increase American supplies, hence higher prices.

Forum List

Back