Evan Sayet, dignity, collegiality, propriety....screw that, Trump fights the lefty thugs.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Evan Sayet defines the fight against the left........he explains how Trump is finally someone who is fighting the left as they have fought for the last 100 years....

Evan Sayet - He Fights

My Leftist friends (as well as many ardent #NeverTrumpers) constantly ask me if I’m not bothered by Donald Trump’s lack of decorum. They ask if I don’t think his tweets are “beneath the dignity of the office.” Here’s my answer:

We Right-thinking people have tried dignity. There could not have been a man of more quiet dignity than George W. Bush as he suffered the outrageous lies and politically motivated hatreds that undermined his presidency. We tried statesmanship. Could there be another human being on this earth who so desperately prized “collegiality” as John McCain? We tried propriety – has there been a nicer human being ever than Mitt Romney? And the results were always the same.

This is because, while we were playing by the rules of dignity, collegiality and propriety, the Left has been, for the past 60 years, engaged in a knife fight where the only rules are those of Saul Alinsky and the Chicago mob.
-----------------
The Left has been engaged in a war against America since the rise of the Children of the ‘60s. To them, it has been an all-out war where nothing is held sacred and nothing is seen as beyond the pale. It has been a war they’ve fought with violence, the threat of violence, demagoguery and lies from day one – the violent take-over of the universities – till today.

The problem is that, through these years, the Left has been the only side fighting this war. While the Left has been taking a knife to anyone who stands in their way, the Right has continued to act with dignity, collegiality and propriety.

With Donald Trump, this all has come to an end. Donald Trump is America’s first wartime president in the Culture War.

During wartime, things like “dignity” and “collegiality” simply aren’t the most essential qualities one looks for in their warriors. Ulysses Grant was a drunk whose behavior in peacetime might well have seen him drummed out of the Army for conduct unbecoming. Had Abraham Lincoln applied the peacetime rules of propriety and booted Grant, the Democrats might well still be holding their slaves today. Lincoln rightly recognized that, “I cannot spare this man. He fights.”

You're correct. You have no dignity.
^^^
giphy.gif

My Leftist friends (as well as many ardent #NeverTrumpers) constantly ask me if I’m not bothered by Donald Trump’s lack of decorum. They ask if I don’t think his tweets are “beneath the dignity of the office.” Here’s my answer:

We Right-thinking people have tried dignity. There could not have been a man of more quiet dignity than George W. Bush as he suffered the outrageous lies and politically motivated hatreds that undermined his presidency. We tried statesmanship. Could there be another human being on this earth who so desperately prized “collegiality” as John McCain? We tried propriety – has there been a nicer human being ever than Mitt Romney? And the results were always the same.

This is because, while we were playing by the rules of dignity, collegiality and propriety, the Left has been, for the past 60 years, engaged in a knife fight where the only rules are those of Saul Alinsky and the Chicago mob.

I don’t find anything “dignified,” “collegial” or “proper” about Barack Obama’s lying about what went down on the streets of Ferguson in order to ramp up racial hatreds because racial hatreds serve the Democratic Party. I don’t see anything “dignified” in lying about the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi and imprisoning an innocent filmmaker to cover your tracks. I don’t see anything “statesman-like” in weaponizing the IRS to be used to destroy your political opponents and any dissent. Yes, Obama was “articulate” and “polished” but in no way was he in the least bit “dignified,” “collegial” or “proper.”

The Left has been engaged in a war against America since the rise of the Children of the ‘60s. To them, it has been an all-out war where nothing is held sacred and nothing is seen as beyond the pale. It has been a war they’ve fought with violence, the threat of violence, demagoguery and lies from day one – the violent take-over of the universities – till today.

The problem is that, through these years, the Left has been the only side fighting this war. While the Left has been taking a knife to anyone who stands in their way, the Right has continued to act with dignity, collegiality and propriety.

With Donald Trump, this all has come to an end. Donald Trump is America’s first wartime president in the Culture War.

During wartime, things like “dignity” and “collegiality” simply aren’t the most essential qualities one looks for in their warriors. Ulysses Grant was a drunk whose behavior in peacetime might well have seen him drummed out of the Army for conduct unbecoming. Had Abraham Lincoln applied the peacetime rules of propriety and booted Grant, the Democrats might well still be holding their slaves today. Lincoln rightly recognized that, “I cannot spare this man. He fights.”

Evan Sayet - He Fights

I don’t find anything “dignified,” “collegial” or “proper” about Barack Obama’s lying about what went down on the streets of Ferguson in order to ramp up racial hatreds because racial hatreds serve the Democratic Party. I don’t see anything “dignified” in lying about the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi and imprisoning an innocent filmmaker to cover your tracks. I don’t see anything “statesman-like” in weaponizing the IRS to be used to destroy your political opponents and any dissent. Yes, Obama was “articulate” and “polished” but in no way was he in the least bit “dignified,” “collegial” or “proper.”

Evan Sayet - He Fights

Evan Sayet, dignity, collegiality, propriety....screw that, Trump fights the lefty thugs.

Duplicate thread and no original content?

Evan Sayet - He Fights

OBVIOUSLY, you didn't notice that I inserted that Oxford comma, did you?

if you don't want to address the topic, just shut up and go away.

Evan Sayet - He Fights

Okay I'll address it. Here I go:

Credit to bodecea

Evan Sayet - He Fights

Credit to bodecea

You consider a personal attack to be addressing the topic?? And, you wonder why nobody takes you seriously?

Evan Sayet - He Fights

Libs are sure coming unglued because someone is using their own tactics against them. You're right that playing nice hasn't worked. It only works when your opponent has decency. It has no effect on the left when you use reason. Just like being nice won't work with radical Muslims.

No more Mr. Nice Guy. Time to get shit done.

Evan Sayet - He Fights

Credit to bodecea

You consider a personal attack to be addressing the topic?? And, you wonder why nobody takes you seriously?
Your entire OP is about how the author is proud that Trump has no dignity. I'm saying he is correct. About himself, Trump, and his supporters.

Evan Sayet - He Fights

Credit to bodecea

Your entire OP is about how the author is proud that Trump has no dignity. I'm saying he is correct. About himself, Trump, and his supporters.
"You're correct. You have no dignity."

Sounds like a personal attack ... and I took it as such. Quit making up stuff ... must get old for liberals constantly getting slapped around for their inanity.

Why don't you credit the person you stole your lengthy post from? Oh, that's right, it's because you support the moron in the White House.

Nevermind.

You eschew statesmanship for petulance. You dismiss decorum for boorishness. You dispense with respect for crassness. You criticize other presidents for a lack of dignity and embrace a game show host.

Trump has all the respectability of a professional wrestler. All the eloquence of a schoolyard bully. All the grace and charm of a drunken uncle.

No matter how desperately you dispense with your principles to champion a huckster buffoon like Donald Trump, you'll never convince me to respect him. Respect is reciprocal. Show respect, earn respect. I will loathe him right up until the senate convicts him of the high crimes and misdemeanors he traffics in.

Credit to bodecea

"You're correct. You have no dignity."

Sounds like a personal attack ... and I took it as such. Quit making up stuff ... must get old for liberals constantly getting slapped around for their inanity.
And you posted your thread because you are proud of that. I'm agreeing with you. So what's the problem?

You eschew statesmanship for petulance. You dismiss decorum for boorishness. You dispense with respect for crassness. You criticize other presidents for a lack of dignity and embrace a game show host.

Trump has all the respectability of a professional wrestler. All the eloquence of a schoolyard bully. All the grace and charm of a drunken uncle.

No matter how desperately you dispense with your principles to champion a huckster buffoon like Donald Trump, you'll never convince me to respect him. Respect is reciprocal. Show respect, earn respect. I will loathe him right up until the senate convicts him of the high crimes and misdemeanors he traffics in.

/thread.

Why don't you credit the person you stole your lengthy post from? Oh, that's right, it's because you support the moron in the White House.

Nevermind.
As usual, the liberal goes off half cocked. Had he actually looked at the post, he would have noticed that at the very end of the post, there is a link to the original publication. In fact, it even has his name (Evan Sayet) listed ....

Now, don't you feel just a little bit foolish??

Oh yeah, you're liberal .... you don't have any concept of credibility, accountability. You live in a world of fabrication and misrepresentation.

Oooh .... somebody hurt your feelings?

In the end, he has kicked your ass ... get used to it.

I'm reminded of something my father once said .... and I told my boys, too ... "you don't have to respect me, but you damn sure better fear me."

Same applies here ... frankly, neither he, nor his supporters give a damn about what you respect.

Forum List

Back