EV maker slashes prices as it tries to avoid bankruptcy

EV companies can’t survive in California. In fact, very few companies can survive in Democrat controlled California. But every EV company is hurting, even with the high gas prices.

California-based electric vehicle startup Fisker slashed the prices of some of its vehicles as it fights to avoid bankruptcy after a potential deal with another automaker fell through.

The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the 2023 Ocean electric SUV lineup in the U.S., which is equipped with Fisker’s 2024 Ocean OS software version 2.0, fell by tens of thousands of dollars.

Fisker lowered the MSRP for the 2023 Ocean Extreme trim from $61,499 to $37,499, the company said Wednesday. The 2023 Ultra trim will be priced at $34,999, down from $52,999, and the 2023 Sport will be priced at $24,999, down from $38,999, according to the automaker.

/——/ They should have gone with a hybrid. Much more versatile. Look at the long success of Prius.

I love my Tesla Model 3, and everyone I've met who drives one, new or used, feels the same way. With discounts and tax credits, I bought this fantastic M3-beater for a little over thirty grand, and I fill up in my garage, overnight, once a week for about $10.
Sounds great, until you need to replace the EV's battery.
Now you're talking $20,000 grand.

EV companies can’t survive in California. In fact, very few companies can survive in Democrat controlled California. But every EV company is hurting, even with the high gas prices.

California-based electric vehicle startup Fisker slashed the prices of some of its vehicles as it fights to avoid bankruptcy after a potential deal with another automaker fell through.

The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the 2023 Ocean electric SUV lineup in the U.S., which is equipped with Fisker’s 2024 Ocean OS software version 2.0, fell by tens of thousands of dollars.

Fisker lowered the MSRP for the 2023 Ocean Extreme trim from $61,499 to $37,499, the company said Wednesday. The 2023 Ultra trim will be priced at $34,999, down from $52,999, and the 2023 Sport will be priced at $24,999, down from $38,999, according to the automaker.

Fisker makes an excellent car. Very innovative. I was going to pick up their truck once it made production. I hope they find a way through

Also, the EV market share of new vehicles sold this year is estimated to be 13% or roughly 2 million.
Your figure of EV sales around 13% is misleading.
You've included Hybrids and state governments, especially California, that only buys EV vehicles.
The percentage of public consumers that buy EV's (excluding hybrids) is only around 2%
Another fun fact is 96% of EV owners have a conventional gasoline powered second car.

Your figure of EV sales around 13% is misleading.
You've included Hybrids and state governments, especially California, that only buys EV vehicles.
The percentage of public consumers that buy EV's (excluding hybrids) is only around 2%
Another fun fact is 96% of EV owners have a conventional gasoline powered second car.
Not one post from you without a lie.

8.1%

In the fourth quarter of 2023, fully-electric vehicles (BEVs) jumped to a new record at 8.1% of new sales market share in the United States.

Rivian reportedly loses $30k on every EV they sell, and that includes the fact they have added costly, mandatory "options" that add ten grand to their already high price.

But they make wonderful vehicles. They are fast, useful, stylish, convenient, and extremely inexpensive to operate. "We" should be pulling for companies like this, not bad-mouthing them and wishing they would go bankrupt.

Many companies go through periods when they lose tons of money, but the business model eventually pulls them out of the fire and they thrive. Amazon was a failed company that sought to compete successfully against Borders and Barnes & Noble, but they figured it out, and are now a retailing behemoth.

Libby (above) has not met one person who supports EV's????? She needs to get out more. I love my Tesla Model 3, and everyone I've met who drives one, new or used, feels the same way. With discounts and tax credits, I bought this fantastic M3-beater for a little over thirty grand, and I fill up in my garage, overnight, once a week for about $10.

Yeah, I support EV's.
We are supporting these companies, against our will.

The high cost of car insurance for EV owners is hurting sales.
If a person has a fender bender in a conventional gasoline powered car. It can usually be repaired and put back on the road.
But EV's have such expensive electronic parts and sky high battery prices. A minor EV fender bender can cost so much to repair. That the insurance company will be forced to write it off as totaled.

Forum List

Back