Ev driving analysis

It's too bad it would be a waste but I don't bet unless it's a sure thing but I'd be willing to take that bet that it doesn't happen.

It probably won't.

As an executive order, it is not an enforceable law. Very likely, the next Governor will throw it out before it even tries to take effect, and in any event, it will fail any attempt to litigate against it.

But the intent and attempt to force this shit on us is undeniable.

It probably won't.

As an executive order, it is not an enforceable law. Very likely, the next Governor will throw it out before it even tries to take effect, and in any event, it will fail any attempt to litigate against it.

But the intent and attempt to force this shit on us is undeniable.

Stupid lame politics to keep people divided is all it is. We eat it up.

Below is a function graph showing the cost per 100 miles of the average gas powered vehicle at an assumed rate of $3.50 per gallon of gas versus the average electric vehicle at a pay rate of 32 cents per kilowatt hour which would include both kilowatt and line charges. Since the transmission fees compose the bill at a rate of about 50/50 with the actual kwh purchase it doesn't make any sense to separate them from the total. Basing it on the dollar amount spent (x axis) I get roughly 100 miles for $8 with my electric vehicle as opposed to 68 miles for 8 dollars with my gas vehicle.

So the electric wins but not by very much really. Now my employer has charging incentives and I can charge on the campus for free. Locally the dealer I dealt with was so desperate to sell me the car he offered me lifetime free charging on his dealership lot. I don't really expect that to last forever but I have it for now.

If I had no free charging either at work or at home I would pay roughly $8 per 100 miles of travel with my electric vehicle. Using the same parameters $8 gets me only 68 miles with the gas vehicle assuming 30 miles per gallon. The average kwh per mile on an electric vehicle is .25.

The range on the electric is only about half what the gas powered vehicle is. Even with the super fast charging it takes 30 minutes to get a full charge. With my gas vehicle I can pull into any gas station and fill up in less than 2 minutes. Then I can travel about 400 miles without any worries. I now know what range anxiety is as I continue to stare at the dashboard watching the battery work its way down... down...down... on my way from wherever to wherever and trying to remember that I can't go too far away from my charger or at least some commercial charging port. Meh.... I'm not exactly impressed.
View attachment 582668
A lot of people with EVs tend to forget about a lot of the costs And headaches associated with them. The cost of installing your charging station. The cost of replacement batteries. The fact you can no longer just take off and travel as there are no where as many charging stations as fuel stations nor will there be. But some do it because they believe they are doing something for the environment. All the time forgetting that we get a large percentage of our power from coal and natural gas. Some even think living next to a solar farm or wind turbine means they are getting their power from them. Not realizing that all power goes into a National grid. Nor do they realize that every cell phone charger, car charger, toaster, etc we add is stressing our grid.

A lot of people with EVs tend to forget about a lot of the costs And headaches associated with them. The cost of installing your charging station. The cost of replacement batteries. The fact you can no longer just take off and travel as there are no where as many charging stations as fuel stations nor will there be. But some do it because they believe they are doing something for the environment. All the time forgetting that we get a large percentage of our power from coal and natural gas. Some even think living next to a solar farm or wind turbine means they are getting their power from them. Not realizing that all power goes into a National grid. Nor do they realize that every cell phone charger, car charger, toaster, etc we add is stressing our grid.

You are arguing that people who buy EV's are technologically ignorant and that is ignorant.

You are arguing that people who buy EV's are technologically ignorant and that is ignorant.
Lol. No I am saying that some do not take into account some or all of the things associated with EVs. But you go with your narrative if it makes you feel better.

Below is a function graph showing the cost per 100 miles of the average gas powered vehicle at an assumed rate of $3.50 per gallon of gas versus the average electric vehicle at a pay rate of 32 cents per kilowatt hour which would include both kilowatt and line charges. Since the transmission fees compose the bill at a rate of about 50/50 with the actual kwh purchase it doesn't make any sense to separate them from the total. Basing it on the dollar amount spent (x axis) I get roughly 100 miles for $8 with my electric vehicle as opposed to 68 miles for 8 dollars with my gas vehicle.

So the electric wins but not by very much really. Now my employer has charging incentives and I can charge on the campus for free. Locally the dealer I dealt with was so desperate to sell me the car he offered me lifetime free charging on his dealership lot. I don't really expect that to last forever but I have it for now.

If I had no free charging either at work or at home I would pay roughly $8 per 100 miles of travel with my electric vehicle. Using the same parameters $8 gets me only 68 miles with the gas vehicle assuming 30 miles per gallon. The average kwh per mile on an electric vehicle is .25.

The range on the electric is only about half what the gas powered vehicle is. Even with the super fast charging it takes 30 minutes to get a full charge. With my gas vehicle I can pull into any gas station and fill up in less than 2 minutes. Then I can travel about 400 miles without any worries. I now know what range anxiety is as I continue to stare at the dashboard watching the battery work its way down... down...down... on my way from wherever to wherever and trying to remember that I can't go too far away from my charger or at least some commercial charging port. Meh.... I'm not exactly impressed.
View attachment 582668
Where the hell do you live? 32 cents per kwh?

Pricing Plans​

https://portlandgeneral.com › about › info › pricing-plans

Time of Use Pricing
For Residential

Pricing periods​

Time of Use pricing is different for different times of the day. We call these periods:
  • On-peak (times when demand is high)
  • Mid-peak
  • Off-peak (times when demand is low)
Your bill includes these electricity charges plus other charges that apply to all PGE customers, such as a basic charge, distribution charge and supplemental adjustments. See the residential rate tariff for more information on all the charges included on your bill.
Time of Use rates also include a 0.722 cent per kWh credit for the first 1,000 kWh used. This credit is not applicable to separately metered Electric Vehicle Time of Use option.

Time of Use period​

Time of Use price​

Basic Service price​

On-peak12.380 ¢ per kWhUp to 1000 kWh: 6.329 ¢ per kWh > 1000 kWh: 7.051 ¢ per kWh
Mid-peak7.051 ¢ per kWhUp to 1000 kWh: 6.329 ¢ per kWh > 1000 kWh: 7.051 ¢ per kWh
Off-peak4.128 ¢ per kWhUp to 1000 kWh: 6.329 ¢ per kWh > 1000 kWh: 7.051 ¢ per kWh

Have we included all the coal burning to make the electricity..................LOLOLOL

How can people be so fucking stupid??.We have a klinkity klnakety electric grid and no one is moving on...................Dumb fookin imbeciles
Hey dumb fucking imbecile, at present coal produces only 19% of the electricity on the grid. Renewables produce more than that.

Hey dumb fucking imbecile, at present coal produces only 19% of the electricity on the grid. Renewables produce more than that.
Hey sperm belcher. I'm talking about the increased demand with this bull shit

Shut your fucking mouth and scat. Show me your figures.how are we going to meet demand with a shit grid you stupid fock

People in blue poo states are looking at the red ones wondering why it is so safe and shit is a happenin for the common good.....lololol
Any more lies to tell us?

The 10 safest states
  1. New Jersey. New Jersey's distinction as the safest state in the U.S. in our rankings is in large part due to its runaway score in the law enforcement officers per capita category, which is over 100% greater than the national average. ...
  2. New Hampshire. ...
  3. Rhode Island. ...
  4. Maine. ...
  5. Vermont. ...
  6. Connecticut. ...
  7. Ohio. ...
  8. New York.

Hey sperm belcher. I'm talking about the increased demand with this bull shit

Shut your fucking mouth and scat. Show me your figures.how are we going to meet demand with a shit grid you stupid fock
Dumb fuck, this is how;

Up to 44 GW of solar, 27 GW of wind and 8 GW of battery storage capacity will be deployed in 2022. The creation of dedicated programmes including virtual power purchase agreements and green tariffs will support clean capacity deployments.Nov 19, 2021

There is money for grid improvement in the Infrastructure Bill.

If Biden can get the build back better bill through, then there will be money for putting a grid out to the areas with the best solar and wind potential. Then there are the VPP's and Agri-voltaic projects that will be coming online locally over the next decade.

Forum List

Back