Euthanasia

Euthanasia isn't allowing people who are dying a peaceful option. It's legalizing murder for convenience sake. That's the long and short of it.

7 days in a hospital bed staring at the ceiling, not being able to eat, or take fluids by mouth convinced me that I would rather die swiftly then lay there with a tube in my cock pissing in a can, and having a nurse wipe shit off my legs while days of our lives plays in the background is not how I want to spend my last days, hours of life. Get it done, or I will spend every ounce of strength I have to do it my self.

None of us know the circumstances of our dying, only that we will. That's why it's so important to work with the mind now.

Euthanasia isn't allowing people who are dying a peaceful option. It's legalizing murder for convenience sake. That's the long and short of it.

7 days in a hospital bed staring at the ceiling, not being able to eat, or take fluids by mouth convinced me that I would rather die swiftly then lay there with a tube in my cock pissing in a can, and having a nurse wipe shit off my legs while days of our lives plays in the background is not how I want to spend my last days, hours of life. Get it done, or I will spend every ounce of strength I have to do it my self.

None of us know the circumstances of our dying, only that we will. That's why it's so important to work with the mind now.

Yup. Living is more fun. Ideally, An asteroid will land on me during whoopee or while im fishing or something.

I don't think killing is all that hard.

That's why we have laws to keep us from doing it. It's very easy to justify killing someone who imposes upon you in some way. VERY easy.

Ultimately, euthanasia is killing another being because you don't want to see them suffer, or because you can't justify their living, or because you find them abhorrent or their decline alarming or something..but it always comes down to how it affects YOU. I find the hypocrisy of it repugnant. "I want to kill so and so because I know she wouldn't want to live like this." Well no, you don't. She's in a coma or is demented or mentally ill or dying of cancer and isn't communicating. I'd find it a lot more palatable if people would just come out and SAY "we should kill her because she' draining us financially and spiritually".

Of course, then you have to admit you want to kill someone not for their own good, but for yours...and that's the rub. It's wrong.

Ultimately, euthanasia is killing another being because you don't want to see them suffer, or because you can't justify their living, or because you find them abhorrent or their decline alarming or something..but it always comes down to how it affects YOU. I find the hypocrisy of it repugnant. "I want to kill so and so because I know she wouldn't want to live like this." Well no, you don't. She's in a coma or is demented or mentally ill or dying of cancer and isn't communicating. I'd find it a lot more palatable if people would just come out and SAY "we should kill her because she' draining us financially and spiritually".

Of course, then you have to admit you want to kill someone not for their own good, but for yours...and that's the rub. It's wrong.

I completely agree.

I am all for it. I always have been.

I think it is very sad that i can treat my pets better then the people i love.

How easy it is for you to kill someone.
I don't think the question is how easy it is but rather how willing one is to do it. Mind over matter.

In the matter of euthanasia, if a total stranger is hopelessly suffering and I have the means to end his/her pain it will be a relatively easy decision to make. But if the sufferer is someone I know and have emotional involvement with it will be a difficult and probably painful decision.

As for suicide; I resent being told I may not end my own life if I choose to and have made all necessary arrangements and provisions to avoid burdening anyone by my action. I believe there should be a service available where those who wish to die can be accommodated re all the legal and practical matters then hooked up to an intraveinous heroin drip and allowed to slowly drift away in a state of physical ecstasy. Why should those for whom life is a daily torment be forced to endure it.

I further believe such an option should be available to long-term prison inmates. I've always felt that the emphasis on suicide prevention in prisons is a counterproductively sadistic and rather stupid policy.

A side benefit of such accommodation would be the abundance of transplantable organs.

Not always. Not all cases are the way you describe them. Discussing issues like this before anything happens...i a very good idea.

I am all for it. I always have been.

I think it is very sad that i can treat my pets better then the people i love.

How easy it is for you to kill someone.
I don't think the question is how easy it is but rather how willing one is to do it. Mind over matter.

In the matter of euthanasia, if a total stranger is hopelessly suffering and I have the means to end his/her pain it will be a relatively easy decision to make. But if the sufferer is someone I know and have emotional involvement with it will be a difficult and probably painful decision.

As for suicide; I resent being told I may not end my own life if I choose to and have made all necessary arrangements and provisions to avoid burdening anyone by my action. I believe there should be a service available where those who wish to die can be accommodated re all the legal and practical matters then hooked up to an intraveinous heroin drip and allowed to slowly drift away in a state of physical ecstasy. Why should those for whom life is a daily torment be forced to endure it.

I further believe such an option should be available to long-term prison inmates. I've always felt that the emphasis on suicide prevention in prisons is a counterproductively sadistic and rather stupid policy.

A side benefit of such accommodation would be the abundance of transplantable organs.

I disagree. We don't have the right to take another being's life.

It should be the patients choice. What others think is not considered when you sign DNR, it shouldn't be an issue if a patient wants it

It's murder only if the subject truly does not want to die. The reason why this is such a volatile issue is it requires judging the motives of both the 'victim' and the 'perp'. The question we have to ask ourselves is "do we have the RIGHT to judge this?"

Living in a free society means letting your neighbors do things you do not approve of.

That's where the judging comes into play, and it should be difficult to the point of impossible to terminate someone who has never mentioned circumstances under which they would not want to keep fighting the good fight.

Then there are people like me who have a well published litmus test: "Can he wipe his own ass? Is there a reasonable prognosis for a change in that situation?" My family and friends all know about my feelings and even so, there's a good chance we'll loose control of the decision.

Are we free to decide for ourselves, or what? :dunno:

Not always. Not all cases are the way you describe them. Discussing issues like this before anything happens...i a very good idea.

The MOST important thing you can do is make your feelings on the subject well known to your family, friends and health care providers. Make them known in writing.

Well... that and vote for proposals and candidates who foment personal freedom to choose in the matter.

I once went to the library for information on euthanasia.

But the librarian had graduated with a masters from an ivy-league university and all she could find was a book on Korean childhood.

I didn't have the heart......

Sarcasm? I don't understand...

I met my librarian friend when I was 15 and started volunteering at our local library. We became instant best friends and connected on many levels that our mutual love for the written word only enhanced. Formally Educated individuals bring their own magic to life's show, their own depths to life's abyss... But from where I am from we are blessed and very fortunate to have devoted individuals who have various degrees of wisdom, most of which were not handed down through church membership or taught on college campuses.

It just is and continues to become... whatever it may be.

Forum List

Back