EU warns Elon Musk after Twitter found to have highest rate of disinformation

What a weak comeback. Define "disinformation". Who specifically evaluates the tweets for accuaracy?
Most of it is easily debunked. We see it happen every day on here. I once watched muslims supposedly rioting in London on here. In fact it was a far right rally in Cardiff.
They smashed up a bar I had been drinking in the week before. That was easy.

No, it is exactly what I am talking about. Trolls are the death of free speech.

You don't know shit about free speech. You live in a degenerate shithole tyranny of a country where people can be thrown in jail for expressing the wrong opinions, and you support that.

Once again, your only legitimate purpose for existing is to remind us Americans why we kicked you British filth out of our country almost two and a half centuries ago.

As long as its those on your side who get to define what is “fake news”, right?

Your side gets to tell whatever outrageous lies it wants to, and anything challenging these lies you get to ban as “fake news”.
Posting opinion as fact is the enemy offree speech. As is flat out lying. Misrepresenting what is on the film is just lying. Why do you support that ?

Posting opinion as fact is the enemy offree [sic] speech. As is flat out lying. Misrepresenting what is on the film is just lying. Why do you support that ?

I completely reject your false claim of authority to tell me what is fact and what is opinion.

You only tell lies, and you only believe lies. There is no reason why any sane person should ever look to you for any standard of truth or credibility, on any subject, ever.

Watching a video of a footbll riot in malayia while being told it is emigrants in Paris is not beneficial to anybody apart from the right wing trash who thrive on misinformation.
In fact . at the very least . it is a waste of time.
The problem is that when you read news, you often can´t know if it is true or not. When Paris burns its mostly immigrants, that no secret. So when you have that knowledge and you are confronted with the fake news you mentioned you have no reason to dismiss it. Banning the fake news is not a solution, banning the violent thugs is the solution, the cause of the fake news will be also gone.
We also have fake news in the MSM sometimes, or news that do not adhere to the self-proclaimed neutrality of the source.
If you really want to combat fake news, you need a task force and a law that allows fining the source for the most apparent fake news only. This can be done under the premise that news is a product/service like any other and has to be functioning correctly. All that must take place with total neutrality. If you want to combat Russian fake news, you gotta combat Ukrainian fake news as well, for example.
But how can you do that? It is easy to expose fake news like "The Russians use T-34 in Ukraine". I put the image of the tank into google and articles show up with the photo and news unrelated to the war at all. But when Russians or Ukrainians claim to have killed x soldiers, you cannot validate or dismiss that news.
You can´t demand a platform like X to hire so many watch dogs that the operating of the whole platform will be impossible financially. You got to do it yourself. You also can´t hallow certain sources and fact checker platforms and exempt them being questioned.

So this is a very complicated issue. Humans do lie often, we simply have to live with that, I guess. And a government may only be after the most blatant fake news.

The EU has issued a warning to Elon Musk to comply with sweeping new laws on fake news and Russian propaganda, after X – formerly known as Twitter – was found to have the highest ratio of disinformation posts of all large social media platforms.

The report analysed the ratio of disinformation for a new report laying bare for the first time the scale of fake news on social media across the EU, with millions of fake accounts removed by TikTok and LinkedIn.

This is a problem for the pig faced narcissist. Even more of a problem for Russia and the hard right in the west.

The numbers are staggering.

These platorms have a duty to weed out the bad actors. They pollute public discourse.
I'd rather let people post lies and misinformation than a government to force you to post lies and misinformation.

He overpaid for it. But I think his solution is quite easy in this instance. Nobody would mourn the passing of russian troll farms.

It really isn't quite easy. They could go back to requiring a cellphone text to start a new account I suppose and limit the number of accounts per cellphone number.

That's putting it much too politely.

We were LIED to, and continue to be LIED to. Willfully, knowingly, deliberately, malevolently LIED to.

Well, I live in the south so politeness is pathological.....until its not.

Yes people were lied to by both sides. One side just got their hand nailed to the mead-hall door because of it. At the same time, buyer beware. Anybody who has watched drug commercials for years should have known that Pfizer reporting no complications was a big, fat lie. Never in the history of forever has there been a drug trial that came out with no reports of adverse side effects.

It really isn't quite easy. They could go back to requiring a cellphone text to start a new account I suppose and limit the number of accounts per cellphone number.
He is able to block stuff in China and India without any trouble.
We arent talking about opnions here. People can believe any shit they want and hold any opinion they want.
But Korea isnt Paris and Cardiff isnt London. It needs to be stopped.

We arent [sic] talking about opnions [sic here. People can believe any shit they want and hold any opinion they want.
But Korea isnt [sic] Paris and Cardiff isnt [sic] London. It needs to be stopped.

What needs to be stopped? People expressing opinions that you find disagreeable?

What standing can an illiterate, ignorant, menially-retarded, one-legged faggot such as yourself possibly have as far as determining what opinions others should be allowed to express? You're not even smart enough to use apostrophes properly, much less to understand or judge the validity of anyone else's opinions.

We arent talking about opnions here. People can believe any shit they want and hold any opinion they want.
But Korea isnt Paris and Cardiff isnt London. It needs to be stopped.

China blocks twitter in China but it just goes back to he should just block the EU to escape the murky problem of what is "disinformation"

China blocks twitter in China but it just goes back to he should just block the EU to escape the murky problem of what is "disinformation"
Musk obeyed Mosi because of a BBC doc that exposed state sponsored murder in India. Exactly the sort of story that should be told.
Disinformation is spreading lies. A riot in Indonesia is not a riot in Paris. An anti hunting demo is not an anti EU protest. We can agree on that Im sure.
I cant see other safeguards are needed.

What needs to be stopped? People expressing opinions that you find disagreeable?

What standing can an illiterate, ignorant, menially-retarded, one-legged faggot such as yourself possibly have as far as determining what opinions others should be allowed to express? You're not even smart enough to use apostrophes properly, much less to understand or judge the validity of anyone else's opinions.

Shut up you stupid fuck.

Shut up you stupid fuck.

I'm an American. I live in, and am a free citizen of, a country where freedom of speech is recognized and upheld as a basic human right.

No British piece of shit, no subject of a degenerate tyrannical shithole of a nation that refuses to recognize and uphold this right, has any authority or standing to tell me to “shut up”. In fact, it is your delusion that this authority exists at all, much less that you possess any share of it, that is the basis on this entire thread.

I assume that the point of the Bob the Builder video was to disparage me for my profession? It truly takes a one-legged British faggot to believe that a worthless welfare parasite that has never done an honest day of work in it's entire failed and useless life, can disparage an honest worker by referring to that worker's profession.

tommy t paper-gigapixel-art-scale-4_00x.jpg

Elon is who he is, a nazi sympathizer. Read up on Henry Ford, another rich carmaker. History repeats itself.

Forum List

Back