Establishment Republicans Want the Pro-Life Movement Dead

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014

Just a few days before Christmas, departing Ohio Governor John Kasich decided to play a disappointing Santa and put a massive lump of coal in the pro-life movement’s stocking. He vetoed a bill that would have made it a felony for a doctor to perform an abortion after a fetal heartbeat is detected. Mercifully, he did at least sign a second bill which bans the most common second trimester abortion procedure, the dilation and evacuation—“D&E”—also called a “dismemberment” abortion, during which a fetus is ripped apart and extracted piece by piece.

Is any political constituency as regularly swindled and abused as are pro-lifers?

From their promises to defund Planned Parenthood to their assurances that Roe v. Wade is very soon to be on the chopping block, establishment Republicans are masters at talking a big game but doing nothing at all to advance the right to life of the unborn.

Too many Republican politicians either are cynical grifters or outright liars who don’t care a whit about the 14th Amendment’s promise of “equal protection of the laws” to all persons or the Declaration’s teachingthat “all men are created equal” and “are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights”—chief among them being the right to life.

Things are getting worse, not better. New York has just passed a law legalizing abortion all the way to the moment of death. Virginia just narrowly avoided passing such a law, and now it looks like Rhode Island might attempt to pass such a law.

It is time for all Americans to think about this issue. Do we really want a world where human life is so worthless that even babies who have already been born are at risk of being murdered?

I believe it is going to take a constitutional amendment to ban the killing of life which can survive outside the womb.
So you gonna forcefully take it out of her? Or just lock her in a prison cell for doing what she wants to her body?

Democrats' cruel and heartless hatred of the unborn child makes it obvious they are lying when they claim to have "compassion" towards any other group.
"

Just a few days before Christmas, departing Ohio Governor John Kasich decided to play a disappointing Santa and put a massive lump of coal in the pro-life movement’s stocking. He vetoed a bill that would have made it a felony for a doctor to perform an abortion after a fetal heartbeat is detected. Mercifully, he did at least sign a second bill which bans the most common second trimester abortion procedure, the dilation and evacuation—“D&E”—also called a “dismemberment” abortion, during which a fetus is ripped apart and extracted piece by piece.

Is any political constituency as regularly swindled and abused as are pro-lifers?

From their promises to defund Planned Parenthood to their assurances that Roe v. Wade is very soon to be on the chopping block, establishment Republicans are masters at talking a big game but doing nothing at all to advance the right to life of the unborn.

Too many Republican politicians either are cynical grifters or outright liars who don’t care a whit about the 14th Amendment’s promise of “equal protection of the laws” to all persons or the Declaration’s teachingthat “all men are created equal” and “are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights”—chief among them being the right to life.

Things are getting worse, not better. New York has just passed a law legalizing abortion all the way to the moment of death. Virginia just narrowly avoided passing such a law, and now it looks like Rhode Island might attempt to pass such a law.

It is time for all Americans to think about this issue. Do we really want a world where human life is so worthless that even babies who have already been born are at risk of being murdered?
We need an Inquisition I believe.

Democrats' cruel and heartless hatred of the unborn child makes it obvious they are lying when they claim to have "compassion" towards any other group.
"

Say the conservatives who vote to end the WIC program which provides parental nutrition and infant nutrition.

You don’t care about babies , you want to control women.

The idea of post-birth abortion as the left is trying to push, is not only savage and uncivilized, it's unconstitutional. The moment that child is born of American citizen parents, he or she is an American citizen and should be protected under the rights and liberties guaranteed to every other American citizen.

The idea of post-birth abortion as the left is trying to push, is not only savage and uncivilized, it's unconstitutional. The moment that child is born of American citizen parents, he or she is an American citizen and should be protected under the rights and liberties guaranteed to every other American citizen.
There is no such thing as post birth abortion...

"

Say the conservatives who vote to end the WIC program which provides parental nutrition and infant nutrition.

You don’t care about babies , you want to control women.
If you weren't a baby killer, I might listen to your argument.

Yeah...…….I'd say that headline is true. It's how establishment Republicans hold women in the GOP. I'm not getting into this abortion thing, but Republican women favor abortion rights pretty much as frequently as leftwing women do. Unwanted pregnancies are a huge problem for all women. The way it works---I've understood this since Reagan came in---is that the party does talkie-talkie-talkie about ending abortion, but we women can count on the party leaders never to actually do anything about it. As long as we can trust them on this, we'll vote GOP --- 56% of white women did NOT vote for Hillary Clinton, and this is one reason.

Trump is no anti-abortionist, and I trust that. He now has been counciled to mouth the words, same as GOP leaders always do, but I don't think he'll do anything against women in this matter.

The thing about women that you guys need to remember is that there are more of us than there are of you; and we vote more than men do. If GOP males force an end to abortions, we'll switch in a body to the other party; that's how it works. If you want to keep winning elections, I suggest you back off the abortion issue.

Yeah...…….I'd say that headline is true. It's how establishment Republicans hold women in the GOP. I'm not getting into this abortion thing, but Republican women favor abortion rights pretty much as frequently as leftwing women do. Unwanted pregnancies are a huge problem for all women. The way it works---I've understood this since Reagan came in---is that the party does talkie-talkie-talkie about ending abortion, but we women can count on the party leaders never to actually do anything about it. As long as we can trust them on this, we'll vote GOP --- 56% of white women did NOT vote for Hillary Clinton, and this is one reason.

Trump is no anti-abortionist, and I trust that. He now has been counciled to mouth the words, same as GOP leaders always do, but I don't think he'll do anything against women in this matter.

The thing about women that you guys need to remember is that there are more of us than there are of you; and we vote more than men do. If GOP males force an end to abortions, we'll switch in a body to the other party; that's how it works. If you want to keep winning elections, I suggest you back off the abortion issue.
I care more about saving babies than I care about "winning" elections, because it's not a "win" if babies keep getting killed. Abortion is more important to me than all other issues COMBINED.

Not yet, there isn't. Doesn't mean they're not going to keep trying though.

VA Gov. Northam: Abortion Bill Leaves Born Babies' Lives Up to Doctors and Mothers to Decide

I believe it is going to take a constitutional amendment to ban the killing of life which can survive outside the womb.
It would be smarter for the Congress to address the core issue: that life begins at conception in the womb. And that it is precious to those who believe in human living that brings about new life into the picture, and a world that pledges its care to its own, including our very calculating neighbors down south who want us to do without while they party on the money laborers send "home."

If they cared about the people who come here, they'd have not only taken better care of them down there, they wouldn't let them come here to take on the satanic lifestyle of if you don't feel like having a kid, kill 'em in the most painful way possible when the kid is too helpless to fight their insane serial killer who turns a asocial ear to the horror of all of it.

And while I'm on the subject, those who get talked into having the abortion by Planned murderhood, will be asocial, cold murderers too in their sickening attitudes after they participate in the willful death of their unborn American citizen who deserves life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and that's what I think. :cranky:

Last edited:

Not yet, there isn't. Doesn't mean they're not going to keep trying though.

VA Gov. Northam: Abortion Bill Leaves Born Babies' Lives Up to Doctors and Mothers to Decide
Northam's office released a statement about his comments.

"No woman seeks a third trimester abortion except in the case of tragic or difficult circumstances, such as a nonviable pregnancy or in the event of severe fetal abnormalities, and the governor’s comments were limited to the actions physicians would take in the event that a woman in those circumstances went into labor," Ofirah Yheskel, a spokeswoman for Northam, said. "Attempts to extrapolate these comments otherwise is in bad faith and underscores exactly why the governor believes physicians and women, not legislators, should make these difficult and deeply personal medical decisions,"

It would be smarter for the Congress to address the core issue: that life begins at conception in the womb. And that it is precious to those who believe in human living that brings about new life into the picture, and a world that pledges its care to its own, including our very calculating neighbors down south who want us to do without while they party on the money laborers send "home."
How much are you doing without of other people's money?

How much are you doing without of other people's money?
I just paid the highest property taxes in the nation for my little 15-acre farm. Hope the schools are happy with their share of $4,500 in my county taxes that they got from one handicapped senior woman who lives way out of town and is easy for them to pick her pocket. We had 5 tornadoes go through my property last year, and the fence is still in bad repair. Only 1 pasture has fences good enough and could hold a cow if I could afford to raise one.

So you gonna forcefully take it out of her? Or just lock her in a prison cell for doing what she wants to her body?
Forcefully take it out of her the same way we forcefully remove any child from a dangerous mother.

images

Then shouldn't we allow people who want to commit suicide to do what they want with their bodies?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back