Erasing Southern Pride: U.S. Army War College Removing Confederate Generals Portraits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Military brilliance is as objective as it gets. If anything, General Lee and Jackson is an inspiration to all who study military history and tactics. Together, they broke every rule in the book of military conventional wisdom. Especially with the laws of attrition in mind, they are among the top Generals ever to have walked the face of the earth. To take their portraits down would be a disgrace to the military profession.

That is quite true. Both were brilliant tacticians and leaders.

So was Rommel. Should we hang his portrait there as well?

Rommel wasn't an American. Lee and Jackson were Americans, and served in both the US and CSA Armies. A very poor analogy.

There is a statue of George Washington in London by the portrait gallery. Should the Brits remove it? He was a traitor yet they honor him

So when Von stauffenberg tried to kill hitler it wasn't a noble pursuit?
What kind of circular logic do you operate under? To overthrow the enemy is not treason. Nazis certainly saw his acts as treason. But we were fighting Nazis then.

He tried to assassinate his own leader of his own country. Are you saying he wasn't a traitor?

I would have cheered anyone of any nationality who would kill Hitler! He was...get ready for it...OUR ENEMY!

What kind of circular logic do you operate under? To overthrow the enemy is not treason. Nazis certainly saw his acts as treason. But we were fighting Nazis then.

He tried to assassinate his own leader of his own country. Are you saying he wasn't a traitor?

I would have cheered anyone of any nationality who would kill Hitler! He was...get ready for it...OUR ENEMY!

But he committed treason. You said that's not a noble pursuit. Yet our country would not exist without treason because our founders were traitors.

You should stop posting immediately then and ask the admins to disable your account just to be sure.
I would if I were you, but I am too evolved.

You reaching the level of a simian is not evolving. Its actually devolving. Hurry and get the admins to disable your account before you drop down to baboon level.
You never answered Tanks' question if you feel affinity to apes. I will give you credit for finding it funny however.

Another attack on White History as well as American history. Fox News is reporting the US Army War College is considering removing portraits of Confederate Generals. An unidentified administrator is wondering why we honor these Americans.

Please, call or write to the US Army War College to voice why these portraits are a part of American History and should be preserved (be kind and considerate and just voice your concern).

US Army War College considers removing prints depicting Robert E. Lee, Confederate generals | Fox News

Exactly, CONSIDERING. So why did you lie about in your title?

But he committed treason. You said that's not a noble pursuit. Yet our country would not exist without treason because our founders were traitors.

Good point but treason on the side of what is right is not treason. Its betrayal.

We are talking about the war college of the winners of a war. They get to decide who is a traitor and who is a hero by their standards. And apparently, taking up arms against the USA and fighting to maintain a social system that lauds people owning other people does not make you a hero to the people who run the US War College.

Good point but treason on the side of what is right is not treason. Its betrayal.

That's subjective. Robert e lee etc believed they were right. Thus not traitors. That's what happened when you modify you position with a subjective standard.

That's subjective. Robert e lee etc believed they were right. Thus not traitors. That's what happened when you modify you position with a subjective standard.

Believing you are right is not the same as being right. Thats what happens when you assume you are right and forget to check if you are committing human rights violations. Turns you into a traitor and removes the hero check mark on your resume if you are fighting your own country.

Last edited:

Our founders fought for freedom.
The south fought to deny freedom to others

Our founders fought for freedom.
The south fought to deny freedom to others
What about the slaves that existed during the revolution? The founders fought for their freedom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back