Equal protection of the law does not apply

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I can tell you that no one here understands garbage about equality under the law. It is definitely true that the law can discriminate against different people. We don't allow the blind to legally drive a car for obvious reasons so the law discriminates against the handicap and if we really wanted everyone to be treated exactly the same by the law then we have to come up with all sorts of mental gymnastics to explain why children are not allowed to drive cars. The law is allowed to discriminate except for a few special groups. Laws can be written in any manor that they want and discriminate against anyone that they want except for in special cases such as race, gender, religion, etc etc etc. the handicap are not mentioned I this so we can discriminate against them in any way we want. The same is true for children.

This entire argument that gays should be allowed to marry because of equality under the law is wrong because gays are not a special group found in the constitution. I can't find a single word mentioning homosexuals anywhere so the law can treated them differently. Whether or not they should is a different question but the constitution of the United States or ant state that I know of does not forbid such discrimination so the constitutional argument is non existent.

Being treated equally by the law is not the same as being afforded the same lawfully permitted behaviors. Without such a way to differentiate between citizens may create situations where child molesters can live next to children simply because we have to treat everyone the same. equaluty under the law means that lady justice is blind and does not allow personal feelings or biases to affect the execution of the law. It might sound like a cold hearted machine but it prevents dictatorship since no persons opinion of how things should be becomes the law itself.

"It is definitely true that the law can discriminate against different people."

Yes it can, if you can find a valid, compelling, and defensible reason for doing so, which when it comes to faggots getting married no one could...

• Banned
"It is definitely true that the law can discriminate against different people."

Yes it can, if you can find a valid, compelling, and defensible reason for doing so, which when it comes to faggots getting married no one could...

Oh crap....

I can tell you that no one here understands garbage about equality under the law. It is definitely true that the law can discriminate against different people. We don't allow the blind to legally drive a car for obvious reasons so the law discriminates against the handicap and if we really wanted everyone to be treated exactly the same by the law then we have to come up with all sorts of mental gymnastics to explain why children are not allowed to drive cars. The law is allowed to discriminate except for a few special groups. Laws can be written in any manor that they want and discriminate against anyone that they want except for in special cases such as race, gender, religion, etc etc etc. the handicap are not mentioned I this so we can discriminate against them in any way we want. The same is true for children.

This entire argument that gays should be allowed to marry because of equality under the law is wrong because gays are not a special group found in the constitution. I can't find a single word mentioning homosexuals anywhere so the law can treated them differently. Whether or not they should is a different question but the constitution of the United States or ant state that I know of does not forbid such discrimination so the constitutional argument is non existent.

Being treated equally by the law is not the same as being afforded the same lawfully permitted behaviors. Without such a way to differentiate between citizens may create situations where child molesters can live next to children simply because we have to treat everyone the same. equaluty under the law means that lady justice is blind and does not allow personal feelings or biases to affect the execution of the law. It might sound like a cold hearted machine but it prevents dictatorship since no persons opinion of how things should be becomes the law itself.
This is comprehensively ignorant, idiotic, ridiculous, and wrong.

It is a fact that gay Americans are entitled to due process and equal protection of the law, including marriage law.

Equal protection of the law before due process. A blind person gets certified as blind, they can't drive. It's discrimination, but all rights are limited. However they're limited after due process or because they could potentially cause harm.

Now, a blind person may choose not to drive because they know it's dangerous and they know it will cause harm.

All laws don't allow you to cause harm.

Freedom of Speech doesn't allow you to shout "fire" in a crowded theater because it could potentially cause harm.

Jeez, if only people understood the US Constitution before they started making silly statements, it would make life so much easier.

It would seem we have our answer to the question as to whether or not conservatives will accept the Court's ruling concerning the right of gay Americans to due process and equal protection of the law.

It would seem we have our answer to the question as to whether or not conservatives will accept the Court's ruling concerning the right of gay Americans to due process and equal protection of the law.
They reject the rest of reality so if they reject this decision as well that will come as no surprise...

This is comprehensively ignorant, idiotic, ridiculous, and wrong.

It is a fact that gay Americans are entitled to due process and equal protection of the law, including marriage law.

I fully agree with that which is why sheriffs can't arbitrarily round up people because they want to. They have to find people guilty of breaking the law first and then their life liberty and property will be taken away from them by the due process of law. Thanks God we have laws and not men ruling over us.

They reject the rest of reality so if they reject this decision as well that will come as no surprise...

I don't see how 12 elderly men and women can force any state to comply with their decision. I. Actually a liberal so drop the conservative name calling.

'Kristians' will just have to learn that they are free to practice their religion, in church. Unless they want Muslims also forcing the rest of the public to follow their religious beliefs.

And we've seen how terrified kristians are of this.

By the way for the real Christians you needn't worry. If someone or some government entity puts forth the idea to close down Christian churches or limit your worship of your god, I will be beside you to defend you as will millions of others who aren't 'of your religion'.

Just stop pushing your religion on everyone else.

Forum List

Back