What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enough is enough. Time to spell the homophones "There," They're," and "Their" the same!

Rodimus

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Spelling is a lost art, anyway. I can almost always, maybe always, tell by context which th --- the writer meant. Which is why it is a distraction, either amusing or annoying, depending on my mood.

I just saw an example on here, by a poster who was making a good point, and it really annoyed me, because it broke my concentration on the substance. Once in a great while, I make the slip myself. I always catch it after I re-read my post, and I obsessively must correct it. So let's just make them all the same.

Ok, nothing we can to to change the world from here. But, may I propose that we avoid pointing this error out on this forum, no matter how tempting it is? That would be a start.
And i am a native English speaker who learned American English in school. Imagine how confusing English is to non-native English speakers or English learners.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$225.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List