English – The Official Language of the USA

S. 678: A bill to declare English as the official language of the United States, to establish a uniform English language rule for naturalization, and to avoid misconstructions of the English language texts of the laws of the United States, pursuant to Congress’ powers to provide for the general welfare of the United States and to establish a uniform rule of naturalization under article I, section 8, of the Constitution.

Introduced by Senator Inhofe and sent to committee Mar 9, 2015

I appreciate that we have a diverse American society. But, official correspondence and material should be written by the language of the majority of American citizens – and that's English.

Inhofe is a jackwad.

Inhofe is a joke.

What language did the original settlers speak? Dutch. French. Swedish.

What about any one of hundred different native American languages or dialects?

Fucking Teatards.... you all go from stupid to dangerously stupid.

This country needs an enema.
yes, but you'll just cling to the colon walls and refuse to be budged....

I appreciate that we have a diverse American society. But, official correspondence and material should be written by the language of the majority of American citizens – and that's English.
Yeah, forget it.

As we become more culturally divided, we'll become more divided by language too.

E Pluribus Unum is dead, assimilation is really mean, we now must accommodate every identity statutorily.

That ship has sailed.

Again, official correspondence and material is written in English.

I imagine you feel we should all be PC and speak only English.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
What language did the original settlers speak? Dutch. French. Swedish.

What about any one of hundred different native American languages or dialects?

And? Did you think you had a point?

S. 678: A bill to declare English as the official language of the United States, to establish a uniform English language rule for naturalization, and to avoid misconstructions of the English language texts of the laws of the United States, pursuant to Congress’ powers to provide for the general welfare of the United States and to establish a uniform rule of naturalization under article I, section 8, of the Constitution.

Introduced by Senator Inhofe and sent to committee Mar 9, 2015

So, how's this coming along?
You coulda done this S.678 - 114th Congress 2015-2016 English Language Unity Act of 2015 Congress.gov Library of Congress

I think it deals with official document.

I cannot stand to receive my sample ballot and find it's in English AND SPANISH! If I want to vote in Spanish, I'll go to Mexico.

Oh so its not about you not getting a document in English- its about you wanting to deny someone else the same document in Spanish.

I cannot stand to receive my sample ballot and find it's in English AND SPANISH! If I want to vote in Spanish, I'll go to Mexico.

Oh so its not about you not getting a document in English- its about you wanting to deny someone else the same document in Spanish.

Do you WORK at coming up with ignorant questions? Or does it just come naturally.

Yo soy un Americano y creo que me vota es por candidados Americans no Mexicanos.

And you probably have no idea what that means without a computer translator.

Strange how this stuff comes up when the demographic shift is in full swing

As someone who's main effort is currently story telling, I find myself deeply interested in languages and their effects upon societies.

How people communicate with one another plays a major role in the stability and advancement of cultures. It is a unifying factor that allows for technological advancements for the benefit of all.

Historically, the death of many societies came about with the disruption of linguistic unity, fragmenting societies and reducing their abilities to grow and flourish.

Sadly, with the current efforts by some to fragment American society for political power, we face a situation where something has to be done to try to restore our traditional unity.

This appears to be one step in that direction.
restore our traditional unity.

With the culture of the white man?

Do you WORK at coming up with ignorant questions? Or does it just come naturally.

Yo soy un Americano y creo que me vota es por candidados Americans no Mexicanos....

You do know that language and nationality are not the same thing, right?

As someone who's main effort is currently story telling, I find myself deeply interested in languages and their effects upon societies.

How people communicate with one another plays a major role in the stability and advancement of cultures. It is a unifying factor that allows for technological advancements for the benefit of all.

Historically, the death of many societies came about with the disruption of linguistic unity, fragmenting societies and reducing their abilities to grow and flourish.

Sadly, with the current efforts by some to fragment American society for political power, we face a situation where something has to be done to try to restore our traditional unity.

This appears to be one step in that direction.
restore our traditional unity.

With the culture of the white man?

Do you have any idea how many Hispanics - especially Spaniards - are "white"? Check out the Latino tv networks sometime.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with borders but a rather a respect to the many ethnic groups that founded our country and a nod to reality - English is the major language. Without good English skills, you will not get very far in this country in terms of being hired, advancing etc. Why do we need to waste our time on money on a bill that is essentially - a solution looking for a problem which doesn't exist?
A problem that doesnt exist NOW. But in 25 years it might.
I have seen bilingual societies, like Canada and Belgium. They fucking dont work. Screw people. You want to communicate with the govt, speak English. You want to do business in Chinese, no problem.
Problems exist now.

English has always been our national language, as Christianity had always been our national faith.

Both can be marginalized.

Que? Lol This is America-if you want to succeed you have to speak english

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back